Please help to correct some files in the marketplace

Posted By alanchen 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
alanchen
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Month
Hi all,

Sorry to inform you that due to a development mistake, some of recent uploaded files are impacted and need you to re-upload it.

Cause:
On 11/4, we added a layer of protection all new upload files to prevent them from being downloaded without purchase/trial by renaming them after upload. However, there is a defect in the rename rule that caused some files were renamed to the same ones. As a sequence, purchaser may download wrong files after purchase. Though it's fixed for the new upload, we can't recover overwritten files and need the authors to re-upload them.

What need to be done:
1) Please refer to the Google Sheet and see if your contents are impacted. If yes, please re-upload them (DO NOT replace, which doesn't work in this case) and update your pack if necessary.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uRFh87C0f5ZFM0qxT43el8zkl9CST3pPnQ7nXg17VJ4/edit?usp=sharing

2) Currently those impacted contents are kept in case you need to retrieve product image or description, etc. When the new uploads are done, you can drop me a mail (alanchen at reallusion。com) to check if the new files are correctly renamed, or delete impacted contents.

3) If the content were purchased before fixed, you can use "Send gift" from "Send message" to send the updated version to the purchaser.

Apologize for the inconvenience. If you need any assistance that may help speed up the process or reduce your effort, please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,
Alan

===================
Reallusion Marketing Department
EC service team
doubledutch
doubledutch
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I have download a package and it was totaly messed up.
missing project etc.
Is this about Iclone 6 modifications downloadsystem?
alanchen
alanchen
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Hi doubledutch,

No, it's nothing to do with iClone 6. The issue you mentioned is that the files were overwritten by other files. You can wait for the repair, or contact Reallusion support for a refund. Apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Alan

===================
EC service team
GrannyJ
GrannyJ
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
alanchen (11/11/2014)

What need to be done:
1) Please refer to the Google Sheet and see if your contents are impacted. If yes, please re-upload them (DO NOT replace, which doesn't work in this case) and update your pack if necessary.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uRFh87C0f5ZFM0qxT43el8zkl9CST3pPnQ7nXg17VJ4/edit?usp=sharing

2) Currently those impacted contents are kept in case you need to retrieve product image or description, etc. When the new uploads are done, you can drop me a mail (alanchen at reallusion。com) to check if the new files are correctly renamed, or delete impacted contents.

3) If the content were purchased before fixed, you can use "Send gift" from "Send message" to send the updated version to the purchaser.

Unfortunately, I am a bit confused and would appreciate some clarification.....

I received a list of the following "impacted items":

Casserole.iprop
CranberrySauce.iprop
PumpkinPie.iprop
BreadPlate.iprop
Fork.iprop
spoon.iprop
DiningChair.iprop
DiningRoom.iprop
Hutch.iprop

So I downloaded the pack and checked every item in iClone 5.  The casserole, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, fork, spoon, dining room and hutch installed correctly with the correct iProp & correct thumbnails.

The bread plate, and dining chair had the wrong iProp and the wrong thumbnail.

So my questions are as follows:

1. Do I need to re-upload everything on the list or just the items that are "messed up".

2. Once I re-upload what has to be renamed and re-uploaded, I am assuming I have to add these items to the pack.... as purchases have been made already and we can't replace, I am making the assumption that when I send you the email, I should outline specifically which iProp files should be deleted from the pack. Is this correct?

3. Also - Is there an issue with pack items being uploaded for new packs today?  Should we insure that any new item has a very unique name?

I apologize for this, but I would rather make sure I am making the appropriates corrections the first time than make a mistake & have to go through the process again.

Thank you for your patience & your time.

Warmest regards,

Granny J

iClone Certified Content Developer and Author of the Pinky Frink® Adventure Series & the Pinky Frink® Learning Books
site: Granny J's 3D Attic SKYPE = grannyjsplace email: grannyj@grannyjs3dattic.com
MY RIG: GPU: Dual GeForce GTX 970M | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-5930K @3.50GHz| 32.00 GB RAM | OS: Win 7 Pro SP1 | DX11

alanchen
alanchen
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Granny,

Sorry for the trouble and thank you for taking actions on the repair.

1) Yes. To make the files are correct on the server and cache, it's safer to reupload all files on the list.

2) You can remove wrong files from the pack and add the correct ones to the pack from your end, and send new pack as gift to existing buyers. In the email, you can let me know you've fixed all the files and I will remove all your files on the list so that you won't be confused seeing two version files in the backend.

3) Yes, the list is queried after the issue fixed. We can assure that no duplicated file names except those on the list.

Regards,
Alan

===================
EC service team
Alley
Alley
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
I have a concern about these instructions.

I have a pack that has 17 items to be replaced.  So I upload the 17 items again.  I add those 17 items to the pack and I remove the 17 incorrect items.  So the pack had 80 items before, and it still has 80 items.

There have been 3 buyers.  I now gift the pack to the 3 buyers but it's already in their inventory and from what I can tell, it doesn't over-write the pack already there.

So what do you do?  I notice a couple of developers have gifted "only the new items they uploaded".  But for 17 items within a pack, that's a lot of gifting.

So can you clarify?  It sounds like you are saying if we gift the pack, it should replace the pack already bought but I am not convinced this works.  Granny and I tested this.  She gifted me a pack I already had, and it did not replace or add the items.

Also...I presume we are giving you (Alan) the email that we have added the new items to the pack so that you can "delete" the incorrect items, as we cannot delete anything that has ever been purchased.  Currently the revised pack, although it appears to only have the new corrected items, in fact it still has all the old wrong ones also.

Granny as a test gifted me the export version of the pack mentioned above.  This did in fact give me the whole pack new....but as I said, the pack not only had the new items fixed, it still contained the incorrect items.

I have a feeling we have to create a whole new pack and gift that....or gift the individual items.  Please clarify.

Thanks.

Alley

alanchen
alanchen
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Alley,

Sorry that I didn't mention it clearly.

1) To gift "only the new items they uploaded" is the easist way for a small amount of replacement.

2) For a big pack or too many items need to be replaced, pauseing the old pack, and creating a new pack and gift existing purcahser the new one is a easier and quicker solution. "Copy from existing pack" can save a lot of time when creating the new pack. I was not aware that gifting a pack already in the inventory does not append the difference, it's my mistake.

3) For those items already sold, they can't be removed from the interface and I will remove them from the backend upon they are updated and no longer used.

Hope this clarify the issues, thanks for your effort.

ps. I've added another column in the sheet to show if the contents are removed.

Regards,
Alan

===================
EC service team
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 minute ago
Is there a way for users to clean up their inventory? I had a freebie that was incorrect (Creepy Cities Set C). First I tried the existing download link, but that gave an error. I then re-downloaded Set C, but that didn't overwrite the existing entry.

Now in my case it's only one item, but it would be nice if there was a way to remove something from the inventory. I can see that this is an option that has to be used carefully of course, because you don't want to delete "good" items.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

alanchen
alanchen
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi animagic,

I think we can provide a action to "Hide content from the inventory". Hidden item won't show in the inventory but can be recovered anytime if accidentally hide wrong contents. Will discuss with the team and schedule it to be implemented.

Regards,
Alan

===================
EC service team
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 minute ago
Hi Alan,

An Hiding option would be a great idea. Better than deleting...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic