Iclone 5.x Flex Base Issue

Posted By DELETED2 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
DELETED2
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
While mapping HD 720p video to Flex Cloth on large sets you might come across this issue.

I cannot beat this in any way other than to adjust the opacity of the Flex Obj by 1% to the transparent.

.. after which it goes.

It could also happen when you add a normal map and then remove it. For some reason it doesn't revert.

Reduce Opacity to 99% and it goes away else it animates and stays there. I don't think a 1% trans value will affect anything unless you've got damned good eyesight.  

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)

Hi Sw00000p...

BigGrin Yippee for UV's.  Tongue  How do I adjust the UV in iClone. And this is an HD Video mapped onto this cloth, too.

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
To me, this is clearly a software deficiency, also known as a "bug."

Hopefully the developers and reproduce this undesireable behavior, find the root cause, and fix it.

Until then, adjusting the transparency 1% sounds like an easy and effective workaround.

P.S.

It seems to me there was another problem (or two) solved by touching the transparency.  I think it was shadows.  Oh, and "invisible edges" props that used a transparency map, I think.  I wonder if these things are related in some core "transparency/opacity subroutine."

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

==================================================================

"BWAHHH, I DON' UNERSTAN'!!"

Even if I had blender I'd need 3DXChange
to convert it back into something iClone
could use. Crying

"ImgonnaholdmybreathforanhouranddieanditwillallbeyourfaultandyoullbeguiltyforeverandeverandwhycantIeditUVsinIcloneanywayitsallsounfairyoujusthatemerealusionhateseverybodyandihateyoualltoo"

But on top of that... this is a standard Iclone prop anyway. Shouldn't it be OK to videomap it?
It all works OK until you add MORE than a video. As soon as you try to put in a normal or a bump or a specular it all gains bleed lines? Even if you take them off again these bars remain.

Edited
11 Years Ago by Armstrong
DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your help Sw00000p...
However... Am I mapping the Video to this mid tone grey mat as a plane?
Am I adding this graphic to the Flex Cloth as a replacement?
Am I re-rendering the video with this halftone mat under the video. (Corel Video Studio will let it make a difference but I don't know if its the one you anticipate?)

I need more to go on.
Current issue is even worse now.

(Above) Streaky dark lines now stay permanent on Project reload. Still cant killem.

And intermittently it disappears altogether.  Crying Blink This isn't specific to the one Flex Cloth either. Its a global issue. 

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Am I making a midtone video as a  normal map replacement 128 128 128?

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

==================================================================================

WAHHHHHHHHH!

You mean MATTE. I thought I had to drape 6 foot pieces of carpet over the heads of my avatars to shield them from the badly made Flex Cloth. Tongue

How on earth could a junk matte help me in this case? 
There is nothing to refine afterwards or any isolated subject!!! The Flex Cloth holds a video that a connection of about 6 large images and 7 large video segments of a proportion of 1280x720px. Nothing to screen out. How does this help the issue of UV's?

Edited
11 Years Ago by Armstrong
DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

===================================================================

OK. Mattes wrapped. I do this anyway when I'm embedding Logo elements. I still cant see how this process can be used in any manner to assist the issue of these lines of Flex Cloth failing? Im normally good at improvision and experimentation, but Mattes?

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

So, from my perspective, whats on the open source market out there that would be of benefit for me to learn. I'm not an idiot, used to be a programmer and flash script designer so not a lot puterwise scares me off but it has to keep delivering years down the line. I'm sick or re-learning what a wheel is. Aside from the fact I'll need 3DXChange anyway....  what software should I begin with that will spit out tree parts, Chinese rooves and cogwheels.

mark
mark
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
This is weird.....I've mapped HD on to flexcloths many times and never seen this, per se... Guess I'm missing something, as you know I'm an idiot, but this looks like a "shadow" issue to me. Course the rest of your shadows look normal....

If you remove all other props from the scene, to save on memory, and leave the clothesline and flex cloth..is it still there? If you change your "directional" light to a "spot" and reposition it to approximately the same direction as the "directional" light is it there?

Just graspin' at straws....BigGrin

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Reading This Topic