Above Ground Water

Posted By Kimmie777 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Kimmie777
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hey Guys! :-) 

Dreaming here...

Above ground water - most especially an ability anywhere to concentrate the water to only one area... 

(For example, above ground swimming pool, watering troughs, etc.)

Just on the off-chance there is a plug-in that is compatible and would do the trick, I thought I'd put this out there... 

Has anyone on here ever found something like that? 

~ Kimmie

www.TrackingJESUS.net 

--> More Information On This Bible Film Production Can Be Found At: 
www.TrackingJESUS.net/Productions 

--> Become An Early Subscriber To The 'Tracking JESUS' YouTube Channel At: 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEMx91AySc3QuF-SS_3mGQQ

mark
mark
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
The "Water" props can be positioned high or low and can be scaled but it will always be  "square" ...2x2, 10x10, 100x100...etc.

Now if you're clever you could film/render the water with an overhead camera and create an animation of the water that you could map on to any surface.

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Kimmie777
Kimmie777
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Mark, I know you will humbly deny this, but that is BRILLIANT!!!! 

Now, my own water shape I have for the piece I am thinking of is a custom oval shape with my own custom-made water map in it. 

So the water video I would love to match my custom oval shape. 

Any ideas?

Thank you so much, my friend!! :-) 

~ Kimmie 

www.TrackingJESUS.net 

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
There are actually video diffuse and video normal maps are supplied with iClone.
So that they can be applied to any surface.

Kimmie777
Kimmie777
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Where do I find those at? 

~ Kimmie

www.TrackingJESUS.net 

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f57ab0de-1097-44f9-b3e6-dad4.jpg

I have shown it in the video too Smile

Kimmie777
Kimmie777
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

You're awesome.  Thank you, 4U2Ges!! 

Do you know where I can find some more of them or how can I best make them myself?

~ Kimmie

www.TrackingJESUS.net 

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I do not know any easier method, than what Mark suggested. Use real water prop, setup desired water type, color and other settings and then render it from the top.
Set nice HDRI sky for interesting water reflections. But do not render with overly large resolution. iClone would choke when you apply such a video into diffuse channel.
You can also make and render water in Blender. Lots of tuts on YouTube such as this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmW8wOkKwec

But I think the default ones are pretty good too. You can mix and match between Color, Bump and Blend channels to get various effects.
You can also add a *real* water movement with Displacement channel. There are couple of bugs with Displacement channel though:

1. You may not change the Tessellation level while video is loaded into Displacement channel.
You need to load any image into Displacement channel, scroll down, change the Tessellation level to some high value and then load a video into Displacement channel
2. Video for the Displacement channel does not appear on the timeline. So it may not be replicated over the time like for the other channels (Color, Bump, Blend)

Anyway, just need to play around with it a lot to get a decent result.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c4f2fa1e-4227-49a9-b13a-107a.jpg

mark
mark
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Good info all around. To create a "seamless" animation once your have rendered something out of iClone...
Load the rendered animation into your NLE and cut the animation in the middle and move the first half of the clip after the second half and overlap the to pieces with a dissolve to smooth out the transition. The clip will now play seamlessly if it is looped.

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Edited
4 Years Ago by mark
Kimmie777
Kimmie777
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

4U2Ges: Thank you SO MUCH for all of these really great tips! 

I appreciate it greatly. :-) 

~ Kimmie 

www.TrackingJESUS.net 

Reading This Topic