Profile Picture

Backwards Compatibility - Using older content marketplace in C.C. 1.52?

Posted By jason.delatorre 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Backwards Compatibility - Using older content marketplace in C.C....

Author
jason.delatorre
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Obviously I'm relatively new to IClone. I see some amazing stuff in the marketplace I'd love to use but also design with in Character Creator. However, it seems that for each version of IClone, G3, G4, G5, G6, there is a new set of bases and they do not work with Character Creator.
I did purchase the essentials pack and Pro outfits pack so I have bases...but obviously the older stuff is created on some of the older bases.
Is there a way to convert the older marketplace stuff to work with CC or is this not possible?
If not, does that mean when IClone 7 is released, we'd need to get new bases for IC7 and whatever new version of CC there is? None of it is backwards compatible?
wires
wires
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Hi Jason, and welcome to the Forum.

You've posted your iClone/CC question in the "wrong" area - but that doesn't matter too much. The iClone/CC section is here. Smile

Due to a variety of factors iClone character clothing has always been restricted to the "Base" version that it was designed for - G1>G1, G2>G2 etc. None of the G bases can use, or be used in, Character Creator assets.

The Public Beta of Character Creator 2 going on at the moment has demonstrated that all the clothing available for version 1.5 works without problems in version 2. The only difference being that 1.5 clothing does not have the PBR material maps available in ver. 2.

Most G2 through to G5 clothing bases "can" be converted for use within Character Creator, but it involves a lot of work - and a few other pieces of software to accomplish. The clothing items, Upper, Lower etc. must be opened in 3DXchange, exported as OBJ files and then imported into a software like Blender (free) to have the iClone bones transferred to each item using an FBX character file provided by Reallusion. This is very time consuming, and can even be frustrating, but the results are usable.

If iClone 7 is anything like iClone 6 regarding Character use then it should still be possible to use older generation assets without too many problems - I've used G1 Characters as background figures from my iClone version 2 in iClone 6, and even the older motions work quite well.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Edited
7 Years Ago by wires

Reading This Topic