Can you export Png image with alpha bkg in cc4

Posted By PacoToons 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
PacoToons
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (530 reputation)Veteran Member (530 reputation)Veteran Member (530 reputation)Veteran Member (530 reputation)Veteran Member (530 reputation)Veteran Member (530 reputation)Veteran Member (530 reputation)Veteran Member (530 reputation)Veteran Member (530 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Can you export Png image with alpha bkg in cc4?

I cant do it and cant find anything in the user guide.

Whenever I try to export an alpha PNG with transparent background from character creator for it always comes in with the background.Please help. Thank you.

30 year comedy writer, director. TV, Radio, Stage, Just For Laughs, Cirque du Soleil, etc. I write for your favourite comedian. I also write for the comedian you hate. I'm that good/bad.😜Alienware Aurora R13, Win 10, i9 12900KF, 3.2 to 5 GHZ CPU 16 core, 128 RAM,RTX 3090 24 GB, 2TB NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s
animagic
This post has been flagged as an answer
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
It should work when setting the background to black and then rendering as PNG

Go to Project settings and then under 2D Background, make sure Background Color is black and Active Image is disabled.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a0ed027e-0b42-4b8f-82c8-f0fd.png

I just tried it and it still works. However, some image viewers don't show transparency, so you need something like Paint.net or Krita, or Photoshop to verify.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
2 Years Ago by animagic
4u2ges
This post has been flagged as an answer
4u2ges
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Strictly speaking, the background color does not matter as long as background image is unchecked.
You set a background color at will and it would affect the output object contour matting and visual of semi-transparent parts of the object (if you have it on the character).
I'd say set the background color to any gray scale value which would correspond to an overall lightness of the background to be used with your rendered object.

Edited
2 Years Ago by 4u2ges
PacoToons
PacoToons
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (530 reputation)Veteran Member (530 reputation)Veteran Member (530 reputation)Veteran Member (530 reputation)Veteran Member (530 reputation)Veteran Member (530 reputation)Veteran Member (530 reputation)Veteran Member (530 reputation)Veteran Member (530 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

It worked. Thank you so much Smile

30 year comedy writer, director. TV, Radio, Stage, Just For Laughs, Cirque du Soleil, etc. I write for your favourite comedian. I also write for the comedian you hate. I'm that good/bad.😜Alienware Aurora R13, Win 10, i9 12900KF, 3.2 to 5 GHZ CPU 16 core, 128 RAM,RTX 3090 24 GB, 2TB NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s

Reading This Topic