Profile Picture

How do you create expressive, talking *Cyborg Avatars*?

Posted By sonic7 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 16 hours ago
sonic7 (6/21/2021)

Yeah the closest I've seen is probably these - *if* they could *fullly express* and *talk*
They have a very identifiable human form, are 'obviously' created, but would need to have the potential to fully engage on an emotional level.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/961a5e99-9e2e-42ca-9df1-5521.jpg

So is it best to make something mechanical - more human like? OR
something obviously organic/humanlike - more machine-like?
One way or the other ..... and it's getting the 'balance' right.

My earlier attempt, as you pointed out, was too far on the 'organic' side.
Plus it wouldn't want to be a 'a face of flesh' stuck on to 'a body of hydrolics' - there would need to be a consistant 'harmonising'.
If something like the above were to have 'porcelain' looking faces yet have a full range of expressions (and speech) - it could work.

I'm wondering how difficult it would be to fabricalte such 'armoured pieces'. Let's *suppose* I could achieve that.
Question: As long as the proportions are reasonably 'close' to human - with correct elbows/knees etc. - it shouldn't be hard to 'rig' - right?
I mean 3DXChange would do it - right?

Where are these?  Where did they come from?

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
From Turbosquid Mike
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-max-female-cyborg-elettra/662303
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/male-cyborg-elettron-character-model-1611822

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
3 Years Ago by sonic7
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)

@ 4u2ges - thanks for the tip regarding auto-weight
@woody173 - that's a very interesting approach. It seems to offer an excellent amalgumation of both human form with robotic operations. If I were able to source or create such a look, I'd probably adjust the face material to harmonize with the body. Most interesting - thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
3 Years Ago by sonic7
woody173
woody173
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Kellytoons
Where did you get this robot body suit? Is it on the Marketplace, I cant seem to find it.
It Mat be useful in my projects
wires
wires
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
woody173 (7/2/2021)
Kellytoons
Where did you get this robot body suit? Is it on the Marketplace, I cant seem to find it.
It Mat be useful in my projects

Mike gets his stuff from DAZ, in most of his posts he mentions the item name from the DAZ store.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)

As Gerry says.  That is the Cyborg Generation 8 Male, from Daz (there is also a female version - or I didn't look at this thread so perhaps I showed the female but the principle is the same).  

Most of Daz stuff works very well indeed inside of iClone - there are exceptions.  I always suggest to people that before they buy anything they could check with me and I'll be glad to know them how well it will work (or not).  I'm also currently nearly finished with a Python script that brings in all the textures from a Daz environment/avatar/prop or clothing (right now you may sometimes have to put those textures back in by hand - it's not awful by any means, but the script will make it SO much easier.  My plan is to have it finished by the end of the three day weekend (it works now but there are several rough edges I need to smooth out).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

'Tis here:
https://www.daz3d.com/cyborg-generation-8-female

and here:
http://posercontent.com/aura-for-genesis-8-female

Looking forward to your python script Mike .......

Edited
3 Years Ago by sonic7
Catpickle!
Catpickle!
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
@Mike
I bought L4N4 after seeing the efforts from yourself and sonic7 - I cant get the result you have their in the video where you have robot body with human head. 
I export the gen8 female with geoshells then import via transformer but the shells are not aligned - what was your process or flow to get to that video of yours or can it only be done with certain daz robots?

Barry
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I kind of hate to repeat myself and doing a tutorial on L4N4 would be an almost exact repeat but instead let me sum up the steps and if you are still lost let me know and I will do a specific tutorial on this particular robot (but, again, the steps are EXACTLY the same as with the one I've already shown in the video):

1) Either put the entire L4N4 morph plus Geoshells in (what is happening in that case is the morph is applied to a Gen 8 female and the geomorphs are added on top - you can also load in a Gen 8 female, apply the morphs and add the geoshells).
2) Export as usual and import via Transformer as usual.  The Geoshells will come in as accessories.
3) Put the CC3 figure in the UE4 "A" pose.  This will align her almost exactly with the geoshells.  Go to Edit Pose, checkmark Symmetrical, and move the lower limbs to align perfectly (it took me about two minutes and I'm not very good at this).  Align the hands the same way (this will take longer to get the fingers closer - they don't have to be perfect but get as close as possible).
4) Export as FBX and bring into Blender.  Cut the arms of each Geoshell into separate pieces from the body and export each separately (if you want you can combine both Geoshells or leave them separate).
5) Bring back into CC3 as Create Accessory.  They will already be aligned to the figure (and you can delete the old geoshells).  Use Add Mesh Weights to weight the arms as gloves and the rest as Default.
6) Hide the body mesh except for the head and a bit of the neck area.  All will now be well.

Again, if you really are having trouble with this I'll be glad to make a tutorial, but if you watch my tutorials on the cyborg it really is exactly the same.  As long as we are hiding ALL of the female mesh (some Geoshells have some mesh showing) then there shouldn't be a Geoshell that won't work using this approach.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Catpickle!
Catpickle!
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Ah I didnt see it I must have skipped the video sorry about that, dont want you to unncessearily repeat yourself.
Working with Blender put me off, that program just doesnt like me, I was hoping it could be done in RL territory so I will not be pursuing this anymore.
I tried applying the textures via another of your videos where you map with the *.ini file but that looks terrible, actually looked like she'd walked through a paint factory explosion.

The geoshells themselves in trying to understand them, are 1 complete kinda suit then, theyre not like individual props?

I did like sonic7's Psion application though that seemd to come out well, the one where you remarked it was like a thin bodysuit.

Reading This Topic