Profile Picture

Daz Genesis 8.1 import issue

Posted By zaoeyo 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
zaoeyo
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (322 reputation)Senior Member (322 reputation)Senior Member (322 reputation)Senior Member (322 reputation)Senior Member (322 reputation)Senior Member (322 reputation)Senior Member (322 reputation)Senior Member (322 reputation)Senior Member (322 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi there,
The new daz Genesis 8.1 model isn't supported in Character creator 3, I tested Genesis 8, it works very well, could we get update for the new Genesis 8.1 model profile?
or is there anyway to import the new 8.1 model to CC3? 

-thank you!
Mike
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 36 minutes ago
Hi...

Unfortunately Genesis 8.1 characters are currently not supported by Transformer in Character Creator 3.

An update to support Genesis 8.1 characters may come at some point but unfortunately we don't have a time frame for this at the moment.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

colombiologo10
colombiologo10
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (3/25/2021)
Hi...

Unfortunately Genesis 8.1 characters are currently not supported by Transformer in Character Creator 3.

An update to support Genesis 8.1 characters may come at some point but unfortunately we don't have a time frame for this at the moment.

2 months have passed and they have not given a solution. Apart from the enormous cost that it costs their users to acquire their tools that should be unified for a single payment, they leave aside something so high a priority for any developer who pays for their products.
animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
colombiologo10 (5/11/2021)
Peter (RL) (3/25/2021)
Hi...

2 months have passed and they have not given a solution. Apart from the enormous cost that it costs their users to acquire their tools that should be unified for a single payment, they leave aside something so high a priority for any developer who pays for their products.

Wait a minute! You should yell at DAZ for coming out with an unnecessary format update that breaks otherwise working tools.

The DAZ format is proprietary so it takes manpower with little return of investment to analyze it and come up with a solution. You should be more appreciative of the effort RL has put into this, as the other way, getting characters into DAZ, is a closed door.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
Daz inc has made it very clear that they consider Reallusion a competitive enemy
in the 3D character market place which is ironic considering that RL is the only company that Has been willing to directly support the Genesis figures via the Old FBX/3DX method  as well as the more recent Shape projection method of CC3 pipeline.

I am banned from the Daz forums for "advocating use of other software"
(ie Reallusion)Wow

Daz has their own so called "bridge plugins" to export thier Data bloated genesis
figures to Maya ,C4D and Blender as well the UE4 & Unity.

yet if you visit those online user communities you find no discussion of Daz genesisTongue

In fact one professional  Houdini programmer named Marc Albrecht was recently asked ( By a Daz enthusiast),about porting the genesis 8 figures to SideFX Houdini via a special plugin.
 he stated rather Bluntly :
"not unless he was sponsored( $$Paid $$) in full up front because not only does he NOT see any back end potential in selling it but he has found that nothing will get a door slammed in your face faster than mentioning the Daz brand in the professional CG community" 

I personally hope Reallusion moves forward with its native figures and 
external pipeline options and gives Daz inc the same future consideration that Daz is giving Reallusion. 

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

Edited
3 Years Ago by AutoDidact
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Yeah, as Job and Auto said.

And, frankly, I'm not all that impressed with the Daz offerings anymore.  There was a time, before we had such extensive morphs, SkinGen and, most importantly, before Headshot, that importing a Daz character into CC3 was a very viable way of getting good characters.  Now we have far superior tools to create our own characters.

And I'm a prime example -- trust me, NO ONE has imported more Daz characters into the iClone universe than I have.  When Transformer first came along I literally did every single character Daz had to offer, with the result that I have hundreds of such avatars inside of CC3.  But since Headshot?  I'm not sure I've even imported ONE.  

If you can't use all the avatars you CAN import via transformer AND Headshot AND creating your own morphs to make your own avatars -- you really ought to be doing something other than using 3D software.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Brick Loko
Brick Loko
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Him

my 2cents 

I agree that RL offers a diversity of characters (realistic and stylized) better suited for animation than import characters from DAZ.
The face expressions on CC are topnotch.

I only use Daz for environments and clothes and import them thru Character Creator.
They need some work on the materials and meshes, but still is a better solution for me.

Best

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Blame Meta Human...This could be why there was no update to the 8.1....because it’s old news now.
You go Meta Human if you want to be cutting edge.
In fact, maybe, just maybe, a Meta Human Transformer is coming our way 🤩
animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
TonyDPrime (5/13/2021)
Blame Meta Human...This could be why there was no update to the 8.1....because it’s old news now.

I'm so happy I can be content with Character Creator...Tongue I don't have to chase the latest of the latest, while forgetting to actually make movies...Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
animagic (5/13/2021)
TonyDPrime (5/13/2021)

I'm so happy I can be content with Character Creator...Tongue I don't have to chase the latest of the latest, while forgetting to actually make movies...Unsure

Count on YouTube how many Meta Human movies there are vs Genesis 8.1. Look at the quality differential too. At minimum it has slowed it down for getting 8.1, but probably if anything the only thing people are forgetting is 8.1....
Why on earth would RL bother prioritizing 8.1 when MH is swirling in momentum. MH Transformer - This is my calculation on why 8.1 is not here yet.
And yes, the best part of MH Transformer - Character Creator !!!

Reading This Topic