Profile Picture

Marvelous Designer To CC3 - Any ideas

Posted By The Elliseran Modeller 4 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
The Elliseran Modeller
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (81 reputation)New Member (81 reputation)New Member (81 reputation)New Member (81 reputation)New Member (81 reputation)New Member (81 reputation)New Member (81 reputation)New Member (81 reputation)New Member (81 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I am using MD to create cloths for CC3 for my own use in illustrations. I have very little trouble bringing in tight fitting cloths and conforming them to my characters as per the picture below. They tend to then follow the character with little or no distortion. Sometimes some sculpting is required but as I usually export my character out from CC3 to use as the avatar in MD problems on tight fitting cloths are minimal pic 1 below.

The problem arises with items that are not tight fitting such as cloaks as seen in the pic 2 below. They come in OK but then seem to attach themselves to all kinds of bones pic 3. I use 'cloak' on import but find the cloth is even attached to fingers. Any tutorials likely on using MD to create cloths for CC3 likely? I have seen the additional purchase tutorials attached to the Street Clothiung package in the store but that first requires the $199 purchase of the package and then refers to Maya use. Maya at a thousand plus dollars is simply out of the range of most single users. Anyway any ideas guys?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/563df136-769c-4a24-b49c-8d0a.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1ae1f00a-1d31-42d1-a914-88e4.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fdae05b4-3d74-41fa-abac-aab4.jpg
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
It's not the modeling per se (which is why using something else won't help) but how it's weighted.  This is true no matter how the clothing was constructed.

You need to learn to use the weighting tools inside of CC3 -- for some items it will be a laborious process.  Also, to complicate matters, physics weighting plays an important role.  In this particular case, you'd be better off bringing this item in as an accessory, and then creating a good physics map for it (you really only need it anchored on the head).  But, again, you need to learn all about those tools.  Read the manual, start learning, and in a few months you ought to be able to get up to speed.

Alienware Aurora R7, Win 10, i7-8700k, 4.7GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, GTX Titan XP (12GB), Samsung 960 Pro 2TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
The Elliseran Modeller
The Elliseran Modeller
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (81 reputation)New Member (81 reputation)New Member (81 reputation)New Member (81 reputation)New Member (81 reputation)New Member (81 reputation)New Member (81 reputation)New Member (81 reputation)New Member (81 reputation)

Thanks. Good advise and helpful in pointing me in the right direction. Now I have something to work at.
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 50 minutes ago
here is a interesting video that shows how to import Animated MD Cloth to IClone via Morph Targets. (at 5.min)

Edited
4 Months Ago by Bassline303
The Elliseran Modeller
The Elliseran Modeller
Posted 4 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks Baseline303

Reading This Topic