Marvelous Designer To CC3 - Any ideas

Posted By The Elliseran Modeller 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
The Elliseran Modeller
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (781 reputation)Veteran Member (781 reputation)Veteran Member (781 reputation)Veteran Member (781 reputation)Veteran Member (781 reputation)Veteran Member (781 reputation)Veteran Member (781 reputation)Veteran Member (781 reputation)Veteran Member (781 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 days ago
I am using MD to create cloths for CC3 for my own use in illustrations. I have very little trouble bringing in tight fitting cloths and conforming them to my characters as per the picture below. They tend to then follow the character with little or no distortion. Sometimes some sculpting is required but as I usually export my character out from CC3 to use as the avatar in MD problems on tight fitting cloths are minimal pic 1 below.

The problem arises with items that are not tight fitting such as cloaks as seen in the pic 2 below. They come in OK but then seem to attach themselves to all kinds of bones pic 3. I use 'cloak' on import but find the cloth is even attached to fingers. Any tutorials likely on using MD to create cloths for CC3 likely? I have seen the additional purchase tutorials attached to the Street Clothiung package in the store but that first requires the $199 purchase of the package and then refers to Maya use. Maya at a thousand plus dollars is simply out of the range of most single users. Anyway any ideas guys?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/563df136-769c-4a24-b49c-8d0a.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1ae1f00a-1d31-42d1-a914-88e4.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fdae05b4-3d74-41fa-abac-aab4.jpg
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
It's not the modeling per se (which is why using something else won't help) but how it's weighted.  This is true no matter how the clothing was constructed.

You need to learn to use the weighting tools inside of CC3 -- for some items it will be a laborious process.  Also, to complicate matters, physics weighting plays an important role.  In this particular case, you'd be better off bringing this item in as an accessory, and then creating a good physics map for it (you really only need it anchored on the head).  But, again, you need to learn all about those tools.  Read the manual, start learning, and in a few months you ought to be able to get up to speed.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
The Elliseran Modeller
The Elliseran Modeller
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (781 reputation)Veteran Member (781 reputation)Veteran Member (781 reputation)Veteran Member (781 reputation)Veteran Member (781 reputation)Veteran Member (781 reputation)Veteran Member (781 reputation)Veteran Member (781 reputation)Veteran Member (781 reputation)

Thanks. Good advise and helpful in pointing me in the right direction. Now I have something to work at.
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

here is a interesting video that shows how to import Animated MD Cloth to IClone via Morph Targets. (at 5.min)

Edited
4 Years Ago by Bassline303
The Elliseran Modeller
The Elliseran Modeller
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thanks Baseline303
carlo1981
carlo1981
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
hello Guys, i have a similair problem from Blender coming.

Because Texture i need the Export from CC3, so i added the Cape as Assecoir into CC3, i gave this ( just Subdivided Plane) a Cloak Weight, simulate Collision, but nothing happend.
Is it just not able to make Capes or is it just a simple tick to pick ? Please Help.
Thanks.

p.s.: When i will Purchase i Clone7 i is this issue https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c1a209ca-0b05-4e28-abd5-b79a.pngaway ?

carlo1981
carlo1981
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b8f7c0e5-12f8-4042-9d67-919e.pngi solved this, i just had to rotate the cape like a regular cloth/cape to Vertical.
Now its running perfect and i cant leave this going for food or somewehre, just sitting here and playing with cc3 its all i want in my life now
Edited
4 Years Ago by carlo1981
cynsegura
cynsegura
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hi Kelleytoons I know you have many videos. Did you get anyway easier to do skin weight for clothes coming from MD into cc3. I find super complicated to understand this topic. And I am creating clothes in MD and I would love they will be moving perfectly well. Topology of them are good. But I find super difficult to understand skim weight. Is it any  good video to follow  I find big problems on the arms with sleeves. Please let me know. Many thanks
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

If I were you, I would not even bother with skin/physics weight. You MD guys are lucky to have such a great simulation engine inside your app.
And a lot of times it is not worth wasting time in iClone/CC with weights, where sometimes it is not even possible to achieve any decent outcome (specially on complex/odd cloth).
I have recently done some basic studying in bringing simulations from MD to iClone: https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost468229.aspx
It is very much possible with very small exceptions.

One problem, is cloth interaction with objects other than the avatar. In most cases it is something to sit down on.
I've learned that you can bring an object into MD as another avatar and have it interact with garments.

Here is a skirt simulated in MD while girl is sittings down and then cloth alembic animation is brought to iClone.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dd2dc513-2eb3-4277-b8f2-5a85.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9b148849-bb74-4b5a-b87a-f643.jpg

In this case the simulation is basic and very easy achievable in iClone itself. But as I said, for something more complex it would be a nightmare.

The other problem is, that the animation has to be complete before exporting character to MD. But this is indeed a limitation and not much can be done.
Even a slight change in character animation would require complete new cycle for generating a new cloth simulation in MD.
It is also known, that Reallusion is planning to add an MD simulation import into iClone as a standard routine, which would make it even easier.

If you are still willing to go the cloth weights root, then you probably need to post screenshots of your item, or even better to post the item itself.
Mike or someone else would be happy to help if possible Smile

Edited
3 Years Ago by 4u2ges
MIDI3D
MIDI3D
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)

@4u2ges
I have had the benefit of your experience and advice on this topic before on a thread a few months back and I agree with your first couple of sentences, (not that I don't agree with the rest). Mike has some wonderful tutorials on YouTube that I've watched several times, but even he said in one of them that weight mapping isn't an exact science. With my experience in MD over many years now, I find that MD for the most part is, at least for me. Of course it's an additional program specifically designed to do cloth simulations, so no iClone/CC3 bashing here. Mike is great in regards to weight mapping and physics in CC3 and iClone. Unfortunately for me, I never could get any consistent results with that technique after too many hours that I would be embarrassed to list on this forum. I am greatly anticipating the alembic import option that from what I hear, should be released this month. It's worth the wait for MD users. Especially since it's so close to being released. If it works as advertised, I'm also looking forward to importing some of my dForce clothing in Daz through the alembic process. I find that quite a bit of dForce content that I am not qualified to make, works great when imported to MD and exported to Cinema 4D, Blender, and even better, UE4. Thanks for coaching me along! Smile

Reading This Topic