Dear Character Creator Users,
We would like to express our heart-felt thanks for your loyal support. It has been one and a half years since the launch of Character Creator 3 (CC3), and we hope that you've had a great time creating characters with it.
Last year saw the release of Digital Human Shader
, Headshot plug-in
and some other substantial enhancements
for CC3; And we are excited to disclose that more fantastic features and products will be coming your way this year!
In order to make Character Creator a solid universal character platform, we will keep strengthening its utilities around digital human creation, content management, and pipeline process to 3rd party tools
The following is a line-up of feature updates scheduled for 2020:
- CC Digital Human: HD skin and makeup generation, new character base, facial hair, dynamic wrinkle system, and more.
- Pipeline to 3rd Party Tool
- Smart Gallery - An Intelligent Way to Manage Your Assets
We wish to use the following post to share the roadmap ahead along with relevant technical breakthroughs. Some new features may require the purchase of additional content and plugins. For sales related inquiries, please wait for further notices from Reallusion.CC Digital HumanHD Skin & Makeup Generation (CC v3.3)
Skin Generator coverage won't just be limited to the face. It will also become available for the entire human body including the scalp, neck, fingers, and toes.
*The interface is subject to change until the official launch.
Besides releasing additional embed content and functions for free in regular updates, we will also provide optional plug-in and content packs to satisfy different needs.
Previous demonstration: Character Creator - 2019 Roadmap
(Jan 31st, 2019), What to Expect in the Second Half of 2019
(July 29th, 2019)New Character Base: CC3 Base+ (CC v3.3)
In order to support enhanced realism of Digital Human assets, we have made improvements to the character's mesh, UV, and skeletal rig. In the process, we have also make the body mesh easier to sculpt on with tools like ZBrush.
- Eyes now come with additional meshes for the tear line and occlusion overlay. These meshes can be turned on and off, deleted and recreated at any time.
- Evenly-distributed quad face and perfect edge-loops allows for smooth deformations during animation. Sculptors can also rejoice, as the mesh is easier to subdivide and smooth without defects.
- Head UV now includes areas of the neck which helps to maintain head to neck texture continuity which will also benefit the upcoming dynamic wrinkle system.
- High details for the nose, lips, hands, etc.
- New UDIM layout for easier single-pass texture baking in Substance Painter and other 3D tools.
- Rigging: Enhanced skin-weights for animation and pose refinement.
More natural joint positions, for example, the shoulders no longer over-extend as they slope downward.
Facial Hair (CC v3.4)
You will be able to convert your existing characters to the new base body system with the release of new auto-conversion utilities and tools for fine-tuning. Meanwhile, embedded assets will be updated to this new base body system.
Facial hair can really help to define a character's personality, therefore, we felt it was a feature that is worthy of our attention. For 2020, we will release a new file format specifically for facial hair. The facial hair system will be able to conform and animate with facial expressions. Moreover, new content packs will be available for composing facial hair on your characters. More information on this will be revealed in the second half of 2020.
Dynamic Wrinkle System (CC v3.4)
This project was postponed from last year to this year because we want to combine enhanced lip-sync mechanism together with expression wrinkles for better performances.
You can see the demo posted on What to Expect in the Second Half of 2019
SSS Shader for Accessories & Props (CC v3.3)
Besides characters, an SSS shader will also be available for props and accessories (for CC3.3 and iClone 7.8).
You will be able to create translucent material effects and build SSS material libraries for your digital assets.
*Note: This General SSS shader is for props and accessories, which works slightly different from the Digital Human Shader for characters.Pipeline to 3rd Party Tools
The pipeline process among other mainstream 3D tools will continue to see enhancements with the main focus placed on Unreal Engine and Unity.Unreal Engine
Updates along with CC 3.3 and iClone 7.8
- Auto Setup v1.1
- Auto-setup will be made compatible with the new CC character base. Support for Reallusion Digital Human Shader will include consistency with their parameter counterparts in the Unreal Engine.
Updates along with CC 3.4 and iClone 7.9
- Auto Setup v1.2
- Dynamic Wrinkle for Unreal Engine
Regularly updating the Auto Setup
to be compatible with new version of Unity.Smart Gallery - An Intelligent Way to Manager Your Assets
The new content management tool Smart Gallery will be officially introduced in iClone and Character Creator soon.
Smart Gallery is designed to help you quickly download purchased content and easily manage your assets inside the program.
Please view the announcement HERE
for more details.CC Content Packs
Reallusion will keep introducing new functional base content in 2020, while more Featured Developers continue to enrich content options ranging from hair, clothes, morph, etc.
Here are some examples for your reference:Quality Hair Assets by SWAM 3DScanned Casual Clothes by Mark FlorquinCartoon Characters by Luis Duarte
Please stay tuned for more to come!
4 Months Ago by