Posted By Miranda (RL) 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.

[CC3 to Unity] Auto-Setup Script Download & Update History

Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Steelbound (1/22/2019)
Im trying to get this to work in Unity on the android platform. but it doesnt seem to work, even though there is an option in the script to include it in the android platform.

Hi Steelbound,

Which rendering pipeline do you use? (3D built-in, HDRP, LWRP)
We are unable to duplicate this issue via the auto-setup script.
Please let us know if you followed the process, more information (step-by-step description, video, image) will be helpful. Thanks!

michael.pickering
michael.pickering
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I just tried the export from CC3.03 to Unity3D 2018.3.3f1 with HDRP following your tutorial and using your setup script. I'm using Unity High Definition RP package version 4.9.0 released 2019-01-28. The materials mapping does not work as I end up with a prefab that's all white.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/affbecf2-aed4-4e44-a23f-1f50.png
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)

michael.pickering (2/1/2019)
I just tried the export from CC3.03 to Unity3D 2018.3.3f1 with HDRP following your tutorial and using your setup script. I'm using Unity High Definition RP package version 4.9.0 released 2019-01-28. The materials mapping does not work as I end up with a prefab that's all white.

Hi Michael,

Not sure if it's due to the compatibility issue with this HDRP version. We will look into this issue, and get back to you in the week of Feb 11th. 
michael.pickering
michael.pickering
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)Junior Member (193 reputation)

Hi Miranda,
Thanks for the response! Just an update that I managed to get the import working with the versions of Unity and the HDRP package that I originally mentioned. Then I applied an update to Unity version 2018.3.4f1. When I tried an import I got back to the same issue that I originally reported. I'm going to try to reproduce the issue again with Unity 2018.3.3f1.
michael.pickering
michael.pickering
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Just as a further note on the import problem, it appears not to be related to the version of Unity. Instead, there are two problems with the Export from CC3 itself. The first problem was that I had an outfit on the character that had its shader type in CC set to "Traditional" and for some reason this caused the textures not to be exported at all. I corrected this but was then left with another problem, which I believe is caused by the levels of subdirectories that are being created for the textures. This seems to cause a problem on import in which the textures folders in Unity are left empty, which results in the Materials all getting set up as default grey. I don't know how to fix this yet.
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the updates!
We will try to duplicate this issue. If we need any information, or project file, I will contact you via Private Message. Thanks!
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

michael.pickering (2/5/2019)
Just as a further note on the import problem, it appears not to be related to the version of Unity. Instead, there are two problems with the Export from CC3 itself. The first problem was that I had an outfit on the character that had its shader type in CC set to "Traditional" and for some reason this caused the textures not to be exported at all. I corrected this but was then left with another problem, which I believe is caused by the levels of subdirectories that are being created for the textures. This seems to cause a problem on import in which the textures folders in Unity are left empty, which results in the Materials all getting set up as default grey. I don't know how to fix this yet.

Hi Michael,

We've duplicated the issue, and found that our current script only works with HDRP package v4.6.0 or earlier version.
We will discuss about the rule of version maintenance first, so the update may not come quickly. Please downgrade to v4.6.0 and try again. Thank you!
Jbowdoin
Jbowdoin
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (987 reputation)Veteran Member (987 reputation)Veteran Member (987 reputation)Veteran Member (987 reputation)Veteran Member (987 reputation)Veteran Member (987 reputation)Veteran Member (987 reputation)Veteran Member (987 reputation)Veteran Member (987 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I can't seem to use the appearance editor on the game eyes is there a work around? 
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Jbowdoin (2/11/2019)
I can't seem to use the appearance editor on the game eyes is there a work around? 

The Appearance Editor is currently not supported for the CC3 character base.
We will provide a new skin substance in early Q3. (Reference: CC 2019 Roadmap)

Workaround: Start with CC1 character base, then convert to CC3 character when finish skin adjustment.

Jbowdoin
Jbowdoin
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (987 reputation)Veteran Member (987 reputation)Veteran Member (987 reputation)Veteran Member (987 reputation)Veteran Member (987 reputation)Veteran Member (987 reputation)Veteran Member (987 reputation)Veteran Member (987 reputation)Veteran Member (987 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
lol I ask because the tutorials said to uses game and teeth eyes  3 times saying "we can edit them latter " but there is no option to do so

Reading This Topic