Profile Picture

Crowd Simulation

Posted By axelsesto 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
axelsesto
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (487 reputation)Senior Member (487 reputation)Senior Member (487 reputation)Senior Member (487 reputation)Senior Member (487 reputation)Senior Member (487 reputation)Senior Member (487 reputation)Senior Member (487 reputation)Senior Member (487 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi Guys,
I Need to create a Crowd Simulation in iclone. its more of a war scene with 50-60000 people.
Does anyone know how do i do it with iclone 6 .
tom weston
tom weston
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
The biggest crowd I created, where I had full control over the characters, was about 2,000. For that, I created 20 separate iClone projects with 100 characters in each project, set up identical cameras in each project, and rendered out the footage along with the alphas. Then I combined the whole thing in Sony Vegas (but any editor should work as well).

One time, for a crowd larger than that, I used the iClone Particle system, but that approach has it's limitations.

Edited
7 Years Ago by tom weston
Pixtim
Pixtim
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
What you are looking to achieve there is extremely complicated. You can not manage as many characters in a software. It does not have any interest because if you have as many characters on the screen .. that means that they have the size of one or two pixels ...
This kind of sequence in movies is achieved with different tricks. We start with a plan with a dozen characters with a high level of detail for example. Then another version of the scene is made with a hundred characters composed of fewer polygons to finish on a particle animation in very wide camera fields
(At this size, the particles are just a few color dots.) In the intermediate sizes, this may be an image sequence looping on each particle, but I do not know if Iclone allows this).
All the complexity of this type of realization is in the fittings of plans. This requires a lot of work to have something coherent.
Much of the work is in post-production.

And if it's a plan where you see big characters in the foreground, and a huge crowd behind, it's the same technical process. The protagonists will be real 3D characters at the foreground, and as you move away in your view, you will use low-poly characters, and after simple particles or polygons on which you have an image of Character in the right angle

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0a0894ca-d56b-4356-859c-f08b.jpg

Edited
7 Years Ago by Pixtim
tom weston
tom weston
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)

Speaking of Crowd simulations - The latest version of Anima (2.6) now has FBX export, which in theory means there is a path to bring Anima crowds into iClone via 3Dxchange. In practice, the FBX file sizes  are too large for 3DXchange to handle, but for those who want to try, there is now a free version ANIMA LITE.
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Hi tom weston, Your link is broken...
CRANK
CRANK
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)

Last Active: 10 days ago
I tried the link works fine?
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I use Maxthon browser and it doesn't work... It's ok with Google chrome (wich I hate to use Wink
tom weston
tom weston
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

For those who can't get the link to work, here is the URL to the ANIMA web site: https://secure.axyz-design.com/anima-crowd-simulation-software-home.
tom weston
tom weston
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Just to follow up, I was able to get a small crowd from Anima to iClone with a short animation time of 4 seconds.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2eac566e-7e1b-43e6-b0cb-7d65.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bc0a83eb-503f-49a2-94e2-466d.png

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 52 minutes ago
Tom, that's interesting. Was that with the free version?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic