iClone4 - Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 15 Years Ago
Rated 3 stars based on 3 votes.
Author
planetstardragon
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
yeah, exactly, it's not dedicated to one specific issue, it happens randomly on different panels. sometimes light, sometimes camera, sometimes atmosphere.. this is also why I am guessing why it's a driver issue, ...just before the system suffers a major lag, you see the drives light up.... usually when drives are working that hard and make the lights that active on a drive , its because of the virtual cache....if the virtual cache is working that hard , despite having 5 gigs of hard ram ....it must mean that something is not pipelining the data correctly to the hard ram and over taxing the drive, ...its not just iclone that freezes up....my whole system gets locked up.

Thanks for responding Armstrong, i have so many ideas i want to do, but i often get discouraged from doing them because of this issue since ic3...i was hoping it would have gone away with ic4. A project that i could do in 5 hours turns into a week worth of computer freezing.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 9 hours ago
shygirl (10/8/2009)
This is a very slight problem but thought I would mention it.  I load a G3 character created from the G3 Clone Cloth (Petticoat Upper/Gown Lower) and applied a motion.  If I launch the Motion editor and click on Head, I cannot use the rotate or move tool.....notice the blue box is around the waist?

I asked Popeye to try this too.....he can use the rotate on the head but has the same problem when trying to use Move......blue box around the waist.

No big deal!

Hi Shy,

have you tried clicking or double clicking on the head when this happens. I have found sometimes the head won't move initally, but by clicking again it normally moves or rotates fine after that.

The blue box is there at the hip to represent the start bone. When the head is yellow, only the bones between the yellow and blue box will move or rotate.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

MelHolden (10/8/2009)
Not sure if iam doing something wrong or not but the move tool no longer moves what is selected.

Do you have the Gizmo switched on in preferences? If you do then you use the coloured arrows of the Gizmo to move, or the coloured rings to rotate.

If you turn the Gizmo off in preferences then the move and rotate function will work as it did in iClone3.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

ingie01 (10/8/2009)
I have downloaded v.4.0 twice. So many things, where do I start? The lastest download (payed for pro version upgrade from 3.2) does not accept the serial number sent with the download. I have redownloaded the serial number and still no install. This is daja vu from the 3.0 release! Same scrambling to fix what should have been fixed before release. So at this point in time I have a paid for v.4 and paid for packs for 4.0 and I have no product to use. Not only that the reply to customers searching for help is stretching to days if they contact support and dutifuly fill out the form. I haven't received a reply yet from customer support.

I and many others would like the respect of reallusion by not making the paying customers do the beta testing (i know you will say, this is the final release) I paid my bucks where is my finished, working, compatible, enjoyable iClone that I really fell in love with?

I think I will wait untill it all gets straightend out and then down load the real 4.?? in the mean time the $200 plus I paid is not getting any interest. I feel it is a slap in the face! I am extremely satisfied with iClone 3.2, however.

Respectfully ingie01

Hi ingie,

I'm really sorry to hear that you are still encountering problems with your serial number for iClone4 and haven't heard back from Support yet.

I will check with Support to see what is happening with your case. Remember in the meantime to check your spam or junk folders. Many times replies from Support end up in these folders. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

aknzrdude
aknzrdude
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago

three problems to report today

1) first of all i encountered the same proble m as Shy on the motion layer editor, cannot move the head

2) second problem - i loaded a character, added accessories but cannot delete accessories - even tried detaching then deleting - the accessory stays put

3) opened up a project that had some accessories - they come out black in color - cannot change the color, diffuse, specularity

Edited
15 Years Ago by aknzrdude
Mick
Mick
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 14 Years Ago
ingie01 (10/8/2009)
I have downloaded v.4.0 twice. So many things, where do I start? The lastest download (payed for pro version upgrade from 3.2) does not accept the serial number sent with the download. I have redownloaded the serial number and still no install. This is daja vu from the 3.0 release! Same scrambling to fix what should have been fixed before release. So at this point in time I have a paid for v.4 and paid for packs for 4.0 and I have no product to use. Not only that the reply to customers searching for help is stretching to days if they contact support and dutifuly fill out the form. I haven't received a reply yet from customer support.

I and many others would like the respect of reallusion by not making the paying customers do the beta testing (i know you will say, this is the final release) I paid my bucks where is my finished, working, compatible, enjoyable iClone that I really fell in love with?

I think I will wait untill it all gets straightend out and then down load the real 4.?? in the mean time the $200 plus I paid is not getting any interest. I feel it is a slap in the face! I am extremely satisfied with iClone 3.2, however.

Respectfully ingie01

Hi ingie01,

We are wondering whether you utilized “Support Form” (http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx) to contact us. We double checked our support form, however, we have not received your enquiry. If you cannot install iClone4, you can contact us through Support Form, and we suggest providing the following information.
1) We wonder if you could provide more detail about your problem and how you operate the programme until encountered the problem. Please list steps as possible as you could. Then, we are able to help you to solve it.

2) We would be grateful if you could capture a screen shot to us when the issue is presenting. If there is any error message, please provide the information of this error message.

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Yours sincerely,

Mick
Technical Support
Reallusion Inc.
www.reallusion.com

Edited
15 Years Ago by Mick
Mick
Mick
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 14 Years Ago
shygirl (10/8/2009)
This is a very slight problem but thought I would mention it.  I load a G3 character created from the G3 Clone Cloth (Petticoat Upper/Gown Lower) and applied a motion.  If I launch the Motion editor and click on Head, I cannot use the rotate or move tool.....notice the blue box is around the waist?

I asked Popeye to try this too.....he can use the rotate on the head but has the same problem when trying to use Move......blue box around the waist.

No big deal!

Shy

Hi shygirl,

We utilize several environment to followed your description; unfortunately, we cannot repeat your issue. Move or rotate tool works fine if we aunch the motion editor and click on head. You can contact us through “Support Form”: http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

In order to help you with your issue, please provide the following information.
1) We wonder if you could provide more detail about your problem and how you operate the programme until encountered the problem. Please list steps as possible as you could. Then, we are able to help you to solve it.

2) Please generate a "dxdiag.txt" for us that we can check your system environment.
i) Select the "Start" menu, click "run"
ii) Input "dxdiag" and click "ok"
iii) It will check your system for a while, after finish, click "save all information"
iv) Save "DxDiag.txt".

3) Please provide your avatar file (iAvatar) to us. You may attached it in support form. If the size is too large, please send the file to our Gmail: reallusion@gmail.com. After uploading, please inform me.

Yours sincerely,

Mick
Technical Support
Reallusion Inc.
www.reallusion.com

shygirl
shygirl
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Thanks Mick, all the info you requested has now been sent to Support.

The speedy reply is very much appreciated. Smile

Shy

"O wad some Power the gift tae gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!"

Mel H
Mel H
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Is there a way to texture Jimmy Tune.

Carmello Holden

Mel H
Mel H
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Can no longer texture G2 faces

Carmello Holden

Reading This Topic