iClone4 - Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 15 Years Ago
Rated 3 stars based on 3 votes.
Author
wires
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Changing the face/head on the GSG-9 Avatar solves the problem of that funny protrusion from the neck.

I haven't had any problems with Drag&Drop, or double clicking to add anything to a scene.

However just about everything that I copied over from IC3 to IC4 is still tagged as "Trial".

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Sophia
Sophia
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Sophia (10/7/2009)
Peter Edwards (10/7/2009)
safegaard (10/7/2009)
Hi

I cant install the Recourse Pack for iclone 4. I have tried several times and downloaded again and still with no luck. Iclone 4 is running fine and registrated. I get this wierd message:

Some version(s) of Iclone cannot install this resource pack:

IClone v4.0 PRO:
The edition of the Iclone installed in your computer is not compatible with this resource pack.
this resource pack will be terminated.

Whats the problem???Smile

I will check this and find out what is going on with the Resoruce Pack (you are not alone). In the meantime have you tried logging into your Account and downloading the Resource Pack from there. If you can, try this and see if it will install. Thanks.

I have the same problem Smile It says it cannot install because it's the wrong version, yes, I did download and install it from my account page. Thanks so much for looking into this Smile

This problem has been solved now Smile I tried again, and this time it was a different file in my account, and worked flawlessly. Thanks!
shygirl
shygirl
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
This is a very slight problem but thought I would mention it.  I load a G3 character created from the G3 Clone Cloth (Petticoat Upper/Gown Lower) and applied a motion.  If I launch the Motion editor and click on Head, I cannot use the rotate or move tool.....notice the blue box is around the waist?

I asked Popeye to try this too.....he can use the rotate on the head but has the same problem when trying to use Move......blue box around the waist.

No big deal!

">

Shy

"O wad some Power the gift tae gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!"

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
im crashing a lot trying to access the atmosphere, especially when i have particle effects and a movie embedded.

* - i just dropped a note to Nvidia asking them to take a look at ic4 and their driver. some things are running so slow, im sure if my pc were set up in the tech support offices, they would agree something is not right. I just had 1 character, and a basic terrain, geometry to make props 3 videos ..and started trying to play with the new atmosphere and lighting stuff, and my system came to that unbearably slow speed in pixel shading and began crashing. but when i go back quick shading it speeds up 100 pct ( not that it's incredibly fast either ) so i can only speculate that this has got to be some driver type problem thats not working correctly, and I just updated to the latest nvidia driver yesterday. So if its normal to be THAT much slower in pixel shading, and you can't see any of the effects in quick shading, doing effects is a shot in the dark for my system.

I have 1 gig of video ram nvidia Geoforce 9400 GT card, 4 gigs of regular ram, and a 800mhz bus on a 3.2 ghz processor, on a multi media xp system with nothing left to upgrade other than windows 7. I don't think i should be at a grinding halt with 11,641 kb file and a 23,350 face count. so I can only hope thats its an nvidia driver issue.

Edited
15 Years Ago by planetstardragon
DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
LIGHTING ISSUE...

This is not so much an error or glitch as a "simple" suggestion for superior application of lights.

Seen in the image below, when I am trying to set the lights for things like faces, I am trying to balance them all togetehr in the same intensity.

I can use the preview camera up close but this gives me no reference to the other intensities of other lights in the scene.

TO complimentarily set them all together i need to see things such as faces, as in this example, but, having attached the light to her head, .... you can see the problem.
I cannot see the degree of lighting in her face.

I would suggest that in cases like this we already have a reference point of the bulb, and we can see the light thereby.
The XYZ would be excellent if it appeared in a corner, fixed where we can see ALL FOUR angles of control, and not lose one because it is behind, nor would it obstruct small items and small elements of a take such as this.

I know this is a new feature and I love it. I am simply describing what essentially  hinders work in its current application on set.

What also would be superb, is, in the directional lights control, the sphere would be SO good if it appeared in a corner and NOT in the centre of the screen (again normally covering the point or item being controlled)  as this would speed up and make easier our effort to see the lighting effect.

OR, have the sphere totally disappear when we click on a spine to control the lighting in one direction or another and then APPEAR again when we unclick. THIS way it wouldn't matter if it appears in their face or over the object coz we could SEE our effect.

Tongue OK, you can call me an ungrateful picky bar steward now. Tongue

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

shygirl (10/8/2009)

Shy

OH MY GOD. STOP EVERYTHING ............ I WANT THIS DRESS...
No, har har, NOT for me, wyze-***.... Tongue I can't fill it out properly up top. Wink
That is the most beautiful gown and color.
Whats the link  t' use my new webby credit visa. Tongue

Armstrong.

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I have sorted the drag and drop problem. The problem is using 2 monitors on a laptop if Iclone is running on a second external monitor on a laptop that is not set as the primary monitor drag and drop does not work, also it effects facial animation causing distortion.

Hopefully I can stop complaining and start enjoying.

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
bluemidget666 (10/8/2009)
I have sorted the drag and drop problem. The problem is using 2 monitors on a laptop if Iclone is running on a second external monitor on a laptop that is not set as the primary monitor drag and drop does not work, also it effects facial animation causing distortion.

Hopefully I can stop complaining and start enjoying.

Glad to hear you managed to sort out the problem at last. Thanks for hanging in there. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

planetstardragon (10/8/2009)
im crashing a lot trying to access the atmosphere, especially when i have particle effects and a movie embedded.............. // ...........I can only hope thats its an nvidia driver issue.

Hi, I didn't see this earlier on.
I have this slow down issue but not on atmospheres, I suffer incredible laggy response from mouse viewchanges on moving the cam. 
My filesize is into gigabytes so I anticipate things being slowish. 50 trees, 20 houses, three characters and a dozen horses etc. Etc.
I run nVidia's top end Monster card 2 gigs plus 4 gigs etc etc etc.

The issue I suffer from is when you try to turn the camera about and look at other parts of the set or, if you like, move the angle viewpoint.
I move the mouse and suddenly everything goes slowly slowly, I have moved the mouse too far and the camera takes about 40 seconds to catch up on a simple 90 degree turn.

The funy thing is, watching the Cards progress and functins, Its processing everything its given instantaneously.
And I thought that was odd.
Visually it wasnt  up to speed. Obviously.

Then I realised that this slpw down only occurs when I press ALT to gain the camera angle control, say, from lighting angle.
Slow down starts.
If I use the normal camera angle system without pressing the ALT button, everything is up to speed.

Only when I press the ALT Button does the camera slow down so far that I have to wait 20 to 40 seconds for it to catch up.

On this I would say it wasn't an nVidia issue, but possibly an iCLone issue. A programmer would be able to understand this better than I.
Armstrong.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
Thanks again for the continued feedback. This is really appreciated and very helpful.

Remember though that if you have any urgent problems with iClone4 then please contact Technical Support direct. They will be able to deal with it with you on a one to one basis.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic