How to Correct CC Character's T Pose

Posted By Snarp Farkle 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
( I wasn't sure where to post this so feel free to move it if it's in the wrong place.)

I have a CC character that I created before the 1.4 update which some how has the relaxed pose for a TPose but haven't had any problems animating him or posing him in iClone6 or 3DX6, and I can change clothes, hair, etc. in CC1.4 without a hitch.   I created a morph slider from him using the default avatar as a base and it morphs just fine.  The problem I ran into was after creating a new character using this slider in the mix and exporting the character then opening it in iClone, it had acquired the relaxed TPose from the original and the arms get all distorted when changing the pose or adding an animation.  I tried to set the correct TPose using "Edit Motion Layer" and thought I had it, but after collecting the TPose, saving the character in iClone again, opening it brings it right back to the relaxed TPose, so I reset it with the saved TPose again, but when changing the pose, the arms still get distorted, it's like they change from left to right!  Reset the TPose using the one I saved again, removed all animations, try to pose an idle pose or animation and the arms go bonkers again!  This is probably a simple fix but I'd be bald pulling my hair out, if I had any, trying to figure this out. Crying

This is the original character with the relaxed TPose in CC, next is him in iClone where I can use the default TPose or any other pose or animation just fine.  But sending him back to CC he resorts back to the relaxed TPose.
 https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/636c7b41-29c4-497e-af46-7f4f.jpg

The new character created with morph sliders in CC and exported then opened in iClone.  Then the arm distortion when applying a pose.  Correcting the TPose and applying a simple pose again results in the same way.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4fcc1bba-930a-4ef7-b485-5d0f.jpg   https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/34d917c7-07dd-45ef-9063-a018.jpg  https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/341919f3-de67-44a0-aa44-bd02.jpg

Saving either character with a Tpose has no effect, when reloaded in the scene they both return to the relaxed TPose.  He is okay with it, she's the one with a issues! Angry

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Grandma's getting real cranky and glaring at me, she keeps complaining that her arms are getting sore and she's about to spit in my eye! Crazy

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

daeotten
daeotten
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)New Member (58 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I have the same problem, have you gotten any answers yet?
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I, too, encountered a situation like this, and would be interested in an elegant solution.

My brute-force solution was to manually fix the arms in two locations.  The motion has a "blend-in" period, as indicated by a "hollow" bar on the timeline at the beginning of that motion.  I adjusted the arms at the beginning and end of the blend-in section.

Since it was a "standard" Reallusion character, not one I rigged, it was irritating to have to do that extra work.  It's on my list of things to report in Feedback Tracker (with detailed instructions using out-of-the-box items).

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Snarp Farkle (2/9/2016)
( I wasn't sure where to post this so feel free to move it if it's in the wrong place.)

I have a CC character that I created before the 1.4 update which some how has the relaxed pose for a TPose but haven't had any problems animating him or posing him in iClone6 or 3DX6, and I can change clothes, hair, etc. in CC1.4 without a hitch.   I created a morph slider from him using the default avatar as a base and it morphs just fine.  The problem I ran into was after creating a new character using this slider in the mix and exporting the character then opening it in iClone, it had acquired the relaxed TPose from the original and the arms get all distorted when changing the pose or adding an animation.  I tried to set the correct TPose using "Edit Motion Layer" and thought I had it, but after collecting the TPose, saving the character in iClone again, opening it brings it right back to the relaxed TPose, so I reset it with the saved TPose again, but when changing the pose, the arms still get distorted, it's like they change from left to right!  Reset the TPose using the one I saved again, removed all animations, try to pose an idle pose or animation and the arms go bonkers again!  This is probably a simple fix but I'd be bald pulling my hair out, if I had any, trying to figure this out. Crying

This is the original character with the relaxed TPose in CC, next is him in iClone where I can use the default TPose or any other pose or animation just fine.  But sending him back to CC he resorts back to the relaxed TPose.

Please remember to post any issues in the Feedback Tracker. This is the best way to get this looked at and get feedback.

Alternatively you can send your character to Technical Support and we will take a look at the issue.

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
8 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Right now I'm not reproducing it.
I was too busy at the time to do any debugging, I just worked my way around it.
If I come up with a way to duplicate the problem, I'll certainly post it here and will also open a case in Feedback Tracker.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

justaviking (5/11/2016)
Right now I'm not reproducing it.
I was too busy at the time to do any debugging, I just worked my way around it.
If I come up with a way to duplicate the problem, I'll certainly post it here and will also open a case in Feedback Tracker.

Yeah same here, I haven't been able to recreate it exactly like it was, I had already sent the files to support when this all began but they couldn't recreate it either.  I spent the better part of a day creating her, it was originally just a learning project but I like the Old Rady and wanted to use her but I have no clue what all the steps were to do it, I think there were some baking the sliders in the mix, and I think the source file was an avatar that I sent to and from iClone, that's where the T-Pose gets screwed up and you can't reset the T-Pose in CC.  I think I finally found the source slider, if I get any better results I'll post them here.

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

daeotten (5/10/2016)
I have the same problem, have you gotten any answers yet?

Post some pics of your TPose issue here too please and thank you, so others can see Smile

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@Snarp,

I'm 99% sure I was working with a CC avatar.  It may have been edited in CC, or it may have been "Natalie" in iClone before even being exported, but I'm pretty sure she had gone through CC at least once.
Then I applied a "Pose" I think, and I know I definitely applied a "Walk" motion.  For sure the "Walk" had the arms twisted.  I tried a "Catwalk_Start" motion, but I'm currently running with some sort of "normal" walk.  (I have a render running, or I'd check right now.)

Anyway, I spent some time trying to use those vague recollections, but was not able to stumble across the combination of events that lead me to the "horribly twisted arms" scenario.  But obviously it has happened to at least a few of us, so either we're applying old motions that are incompatible with G6/CC avatars, or something is somewhat broken in either iClone or the avatar.

I'll keep my eyes open, and maybe I'll try a couple more times to reproduce it.

If anyone else encounters this, please pause immediately and take note of your most recent steps.  If we can produce this behavior at will, then we'll either figure out what we're doing wrong or we'll get Reallusion 80% of the way toward a fix.

TheOldBuffer
TheOldBuffer
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Just a thought !!! If the characters with sloppy tpose gets opened in 3dx does it then assume the correct tpose and could it then be saved into Iclone??

Homebuilt computer - Windoze 10, INTEL i9 9900 k @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC ULTRA, 16GB 3100 MHz RAM, Asus  Maximus Hero XI motherboard, Sound blaster Z series. iClone6 & 7 Pipeline, Crazytalk 8, Crazytalk Animator 2, Facefilter, Pop video 3, Hitfilm 4Pro, Cubase 8.5 Pro,

Reading This Topic