Profile Picture

CA4 Save and Reuse Static Poses

Posted By soakingitin 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
soakingitin
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I've looked everywhere for an answer but am probably missing something extremely obvious:

In CA4, adding animations to my G3 360 characters often places them in a starting pose I would like to save and reuse repeatedly. Because of that, I want to be able to capture just 1 frame (the starting frame) of that pose / animation and then export, or simply save that static pose so I can apply that pose to any other character when needed. That would be a huge time-saver for me, as I reuse the same pose repeatedly but always have to start it from scratch each time.

I've tried "Collect Clip" and only copied a range of 1 frame, I've tried to copy all keyframes from only frame 1 and then paste later in the timeline.
I've tried exporting after selecting Collect Clip, choosing a range of just 1 frame, and then importing - but the entire motion, or only the ending pose appears.
Am I simply missing a "Save Current Pose" button somewhere?
Google has nothing, the Online Manual only seems to have a topic about setting the "Default Pose".
But I want to build a small library of static starting poses (or anytime poses) that I can insert into my timeline whenever I wish, to save me having to set that same pose from scratch, every time I need it.

Thanks in advance for any help. Happy to provide any more detail or clarity if needed.

Reading This Topic