CA4 Save and Reuse Static Poses

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic526545.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By soakingitin - 2 Years Ago
I've looked everywhere for an answer but am probably missing something extremely obvious:

In CA4, adding animations to my G3 360 characters often places them in a starting pose I would like to save and reuse repeatedly. Because of that, I want to be able to capture just 1 frame (the starting frame) of that pose / animation and then export, or simply save that static pose so I can apply that pose to any other character when needed. That would be a huge time-saver for me, as I reuse the same pose repeatedly but always have to start it from scratch each time.

I've tried "Collect Clip" and only copied a range of 1 frame, I've tried to copy all keyframes from only frame 1 and then paste later in the timeline.
I've tried exporting after selecting Collect Clip, choosing a range of just 1 frame, and then importing - but the entire motion, or only the ending pose appears.
Am I simply missing a "Save Current Pose" button somewhere?
Google has nothing, the Online Manual only seems to have a topic about setting the "Default Pose".
But I want to build a small library of static starting poses (or anytime poses) that I can insert into my timeline whenever I wish, to save me having to set that same pose from scratch, every time I need it.

Thanks in advance for any help. Happy to provide any more detail or clarity if needed.