Profile Picture

Black Friday "Storewide" Sale

Posted By HC_PaulB 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
HC_PaulB
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I'm confused by Reallusion's website yet again. The banner clearly reads:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5db7da94-5c30-465b-9c78-5346.png

Yet even though the SkinGen Bundle offers 50% off with other software in the cart, the Beard and Brows Builder, Hair, and the bundle version of those, etc (and Modern Glasses, etc) do NOT offer 50% even when other items that get 50% off are in the cart. Yet they are all available in the same store (storewide?):

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9f631505-db81-4b5e-8915-4450.png

So what exactly does "storewide" mean here, please?
Paul

"I know you feel these are the worst of times. I do believe it's true. When people lock their doors, and hide inside... rumor has it it's the end of Paradise."
-Styx

michaelrbarton
michaelrbarton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
It looks like you bought 5 items and got 4 of them 50% off. I think you need to buy another qualifying item in order to get the beard and brows builder for 50% off.
HC_PaulB
HC_PaulB
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)

I haven't purchased them yet because of the missing discounts. Beards & Brows Builder, Hair Builder, Modern Glasses, Fashion Accessories, etc - none of them get the discount under any circumstance (e.g., whether alone or in a bundle, no matter how many items are in the cart), despite being sold in the same "store" where the "storewide" sale is being advertised.

The things you see with the discount in the cart above - they easily and immediately show the 50% off as long as you have 2 or more items in your cart. Something is fundamentally different about the many other products, and that doesn't match the "storewide" offer.

I would have finally ordered all this stuff by now if this problem didn't exist. Will Reallusion answer this question, or will they ignore it like they ignore my question about the expired coupon I received as a "bonus" with my previous purchase? I can't even find that forum post anymore...

It is reasons like this that I cautioned about product/website confusion and ethics as the main reason to choose other products over Reallusion in my recent video comparing CC3/iClone to Daz 3D Studio:

"I know you feel these are the worst of times. I do believe it's true. When people lock their doors, and hide inside... rumor has it it's the end of Paradise."
-Styx

sungod
sungod
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Months Ago
Only item with "black friday" as tag can have 50 percent discount.

40 percentage discount   can be availed for content store by elite members
@HC_PaulB if you are an elite member then you can get 40 percentage of discount on all those items.
HC_PaulB
HC_PaulB
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

The "Black Friday" tag/banner concerns the Content Store. I'm talking about the Software store. Both the banner ad and the terms & conditions appear to clearly state that ALL items in the software store are 50% off their list price, when you buy two or more.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ac035796-58ac-4b33-bf42-2fd6.png

Below the terms & conditions clearly say, put 2 or more in your cart, and the entire order is "50% off":
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7402fa90-1475-460b-93a8-0291.png

Yet many of the products & bundles available in the Software Store (Beard & Brows Builder, Modern Glasses, etc) do NOT show a 50% price in a cart with more than two items in the cart.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/53df4aea-5d64-4ff7-9590-0792.png
Beard & Brows is $99.00 in the cart, and that is the list price:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3b60628b-c60d-4c3b-a215-8a0a.png

Why would SkinGen have the discount, but not the Hair, or Beard & Brows? I'm asking a fair question that is relevant to every Black Friday shopper here. Why is there no answer from Reallusion yet as the deadline of Nov. 30 draws near? Why is no one else demanding an answer from Reallusion, or correcting me if I'm reading the above published statements incorrectly? If Walmart advertised "Samsung televion Model 1234 is $100 on Nov. 28, 2021", but when you visit Walmart on Nov. 28, 2021 the price for Samsung television model 1234 is $200, wouldn't EVERY shopper there demand to know what is going on? This is just surreal.

-Styx

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (22.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (22.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (22.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (22.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (22.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (22.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (22.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (22.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (22.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Skingen, Hair Builder, Beard & Brow builder...etc categorized as Content - not Software. Therefore only labeled, selected items are on sale as per Terms: https://www.reallusion.com/event/21-promotion/

sungod
sungod
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Months Ago

It is mentioned in 50% off terms and conditions that Select 2 or more items with the BLACK FRIDAY label
I myself bought Hair and Beard pack and Prime Styles, and these don't have Black Friday label.
So they don't have the Black Friday Label, but they are still discounted by 40 percent if you are Elite Member and Have to put coupon of elite.

amtenorio2000
amtenorio2000
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)Senior Member (307 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Is there a problem with the online store? Yesterday night all my tries with the credit card were rejected and today I am trying to place my order and I am getting this message. https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2874b2ad-e3fd-4272-98a0-ee8b.png
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
HC_PaulB (11/29/2021)
The "Black Friday" tag/banner concerns the Content Store. I'm talking about the Software store. Both the banner ad and the terms & conditions appear to clearly state that ALL items in the software store are 50% off their list price, when you buy two or more.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ac035796-58ac-4b33-bf42-2fd6.png

Hi...

As your own screenshot shows, for Content purchases it is only selected items in the 2 for 50% offer. So as others have already explained "Beard & Brows Builder" is content and not included in the current offer. Plug-ins like SkinGen are classified as software so are included in the Software Store offer.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
amtenorio2000 (11/29/2021)
Is there a problem with the online store? Yesterday night all my tries with the credit card were rejected and today I am trying to place my order and I am getting this message. https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2874b2ad-e3fd-4272-98a0-ee8b.png

Hi...

I'm not aware of any problems at the moment, so it might have been a temporary issue. However, if you do still have problems purchasing, please contact Customer Support using the link below. Thanks.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic