Profile Picture

Making physics enabled earrings

Posted By nmuta1 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
nmuta1
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello all. 
I know this should be pretty simple. I created some earrings as props in Blender and imported them into iClone. Attached them to ears in iClone ( technically they are positioned on the ear but "attached' to the head. 

Either way, they move with the head fine during animation. But I need them to sway.  I went to the modify panel and to Physics > Activate Physics ... but I'm not sure what the right combination of features are to get it working. I need to obviously constrain the topmost point of each earring to the corresponding "ear lobes" of the actor. .  Mind you, these are earrings that I created . I did not purchase them. 

Any advice would be appreciated ! Thanks. 
Edited
3 Years Ago by nmuta1
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Download those free earrings and see how they were made: https://marketplace.reallusion.com/physix-enabled-earrings_180296
Basically nothing special. 2 parts connected with the constraint.
The most challenging would probably be tweaking head collision shape as it's colliding with earrings and make them fly away.

nmuta1
nmuta1
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)Senior Member (427 reputation)

Thanks, 4u2ges. I will try that. 
nmuta1
nmuta1
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I tried them, they do bind to the earlobe but they fly around fanatically ( in a frenzy ) and I can't seem to figure out how to get them to actually behave correctly. I wonder if they were made for an older version of iClone perhaps ?  It's good that they're free because they're not a 'ready to go' asset, it still requires some knowledge of how to tweak them to get them working. 
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

That is what I said. They collide with head collision shape and fly away. You have scale head collision shape down and set it's collision to minimum.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f5f2794a-890f-430d-82d5-76bf.jpg

nmuta1
nmuta1
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

oh ok, thanks for the clarification.  Appreciate the help !

4u2ges (7/21/2021)
That is what I said. They collide with head collision shape and fly away. You have scale head collision shape down and set it's collision to minimum.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f5f2794a-890f-430d-82d5-76bf.jpg

nmuta1
nmuta1
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

@4u2ges
That worked !  Thank you so much. 
helielfilmz
helielfilmz
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
4u2ges (7/21/2021)
Download those free earrings and see how they were made: https://marketplace.reallusion.com/physix-enabled-earrings_180296
Basically nothing special. 2 parts connected with the constraint.
The most challenging would probably be tweaking head collision shape as it's colliding with earrings and make them fly away.

Hey i am a little late to the party, but i was wanting to know how would i go about added my own earrings and making them sway like yours do?

What you know today will be obsolete tomorrow
Edited
3 Years Ago by helielfilmz
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hey i am a little late to the party, but i was wanting to know how would i go about added my own earrings and making them sway like yours do?

You would need two parts earrings (earring itself and a hook) and connect those 2 parts with point-to-point constraint.
Download those earrings from above and see how those parts are attached to each other, connected with constraint and settings for the constraint unit.
You can also check a free Lantern with Pole prop (which supplied with iClone in Prop > Light Tools section of Content) to see how it should be done.

Edited
3 Years Ago by 4u2ges
helielfilmz
helielfilmz
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)Senior Member (464 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
4u2ges (11/12/2021)

You would need two parts earrings (earring itself and a hook) and connect those 2 parts with point-to-point constraint.
Download those earrings from above and see how those parts are attached to each other, connected with constraint and settings for the constraint unit.
You can also check a free Lantern with Pole prop (which supplied with iClone in Prop > Light Tools section of Content) to see how it should be done.

Thanx for the reply. I will be checking this out. This is very helpful i greatly appreciated

What you know today will be obsolete tomorrow

Reading This Topic