Profile Picture

Prime Hairstyles some missing weight maps

Posted By iFlem 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
iFlem
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi all,

I've tried to make a character with the "Shoulder Length" hair, but it doesn't appear to have a weight map associated with it.  If I make a really simple gradient (same dimensions as the opacity map dark on top and a dark grey on the bottom) and export it to unreal, some of the the hair falls off the character's head (which is kinda funny) and strands end up all over the place..

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?  the other hairstyles I've tried seem to have a weight map, any chance this one was just left off?
theschemer
This post has been flagged as an answer
theschemer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
See the last post on this page:
https://forum.reallusion.com/476420/Whats-New-in-Character-Creator-34?PageIndex=4
iFlem
iFlem
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)

Thank you, I did not see this. I'll wait for an update and make other characters until then.

Cheers.
michaelrbarton
michaelrbarton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
I use third party hair sometimes. I find it free on youtube and other 3D sites. What I do is look for an iClone hairstyle similar to the one that does not have a weight map.
I save the iClone weight map and use it on the hair. I adjust the weight map until the hair does not fall off. The darker the weight map, the less hair movement.
The lighter the weight map, the more hair movement.
All your iClone hair that does have weight maps, you can save in a folder and name them accordingly (medium, long, ponytail, short) and use on hair
that does not have weight maps.
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
iFlem (4/5/2021)
Thank you, I did not see this. I'll wait for an update and make other characters until then.

Cheers.

You can update it by:
For anyone who purchased the Prime Hairstyles, please update the content from Smart Gallery.
Just go into the Smart Gallery Tab and find the hair pack, then click on it and select "Update".

iFlem
iFlem
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thank you, that sounds like a good idea, I will try this out!

Reading This Topic