Character Creator 3.3 - SkinGen First Look

Posted By Miranda (RL) 3 Months Ago
Rated 4.3 stars based on 6 votes.
Author
Ascensi
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
@Reallusion Hi I'm still waiting for an answer on this from a couple weeks back on a different thread. Is the new CC3 Base+ compatible with displacement?
1.Using displacement with the new topology  does it break at the adjoining parts like neck, ears, navel, middle of chest and back?
It looks like there will be less of a problem but need to know if the issue has been resolved, thanks.

2.does the new skingen have the option to automatically generate a heightmap that show up in the normal map channel? 

Store Page Link 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/906a14b0-c792-4382-99ee-7dfe.jpg
i7 -4790K 4.0GHz | 32 GB | 2x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB | GTX 970 x4 | Window10 | HoudiniFX | Zbrush 2020 & Keyshot | Maya 2014 | Adobe CS6 | Sonar Producer X3 | iClone Pro & 3D Exchange Pipeline 7 | DTS Master Audio Suite | Perception Neuron 32 Alum Edition | Akeytsu

mrtobycook
mrtobycook
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Miranda (RL) (6/14/2020)
No, we have no plan in supporting hair strands in CC and iClone.

Thanks for responding Miranda! Smile It’s a pity that iclone/CC won’t support hair strands, but will there please please be plans to help all of us improve the look of Iclone hair inside unreal somehow? It just looks terrible. :-( Perhaps there are tips and tricks I don’t know about? In closeup, the hair is always “low poly” looking. I’ve tried all sorts of things with no improvement - it really holds iClone back as far as a AAA “look” to characters in Unreal.
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

mrtobycook (6/14/2020)
Miranda (RL) (6/14/2020)
No, we have no plan in supporting hair strands in CC and iClone.

Thanks for responding Miranda! Smile It’s a pity that iclone/CC won’t support hair strands, but will there please please be plans to help all of us improve the look of Iclone hair inside unreal somehow? It just looks terrible. :-( Perhaps there are tips and tricks I don’t know about? In closeup, the hair is always “low poly” looking. I’ve tried all sorts of things with no improvement - it really holds iClone back as far as a AAA “look” to characters in Unreal.

Can you post a picture of your "terrible" hair?
Maybe I can give you some help.
mrtobycook
mrtobycook
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago

This was rendered in UE4.24 - perhaps the better anti aliasing options in UE4.25 will improve the jagged appearance of the hair. (This is rendered at twice UHD and scaled down, to try to improve the quality - but nope. Super jaggy. And have had same exact issue with any hair I’ve transferred from Iclone.)
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

ok , the hair cap looks very dark too.
I have some questions about Raytracing shadows, lights and hair , maybe it is not the right forum here.
Please follow me to this forum here :
https://forum.reallusion.com/419325/Tips-Tricks-for-Unreal-Engine-4?PageIndex=36

And post a picture of how the hair looks in IClone or CC3.

delebash
delebash
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I am working on that.  There are some good solutions such as OpenPose and OpenFace but they cannot be used commercially.  Also there are other simple python scripts but the main problem is the datasets they are all for non commercial use.  How ever MediaPipe with datasets created by google can be used commercially.  I am learning about this kind of stuff and will see what I can do.  See this for examples.  This a very challenging project and if any wants to help please let me know.  See MediaPipe for full info on googles solution.  They do not have a Python api yet but the do have a javscript api.

Reallusion I love your products but your mocap solutions are to expensive for me as a single developer.  I do not plan to charge anything for this product and plugin to iClone it will all be open source.  My hope is that this solution will bring more individuals into the Reallusion ecosystem.  I do not believe this will impact your commercial mocap solutions as they are for companies who can afford it and who want commercial support.

Thanks,
Dan
Edited
2 Months Ago by delebash
Colonel_Klink
Colonel_Klink
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)

Miranda (RL) (6/14/2020)
Colonel_Klink (6/6/2020)
Hi Miranda, Love the new features of SkinGen. As the developer of the AgeGen for CC2 and CC3 substances I have held back on further development of those tools to see what Reallusion's plugin would do. I would like to know are substances still going to be used with the new appearance (SkinGen) editor? And if not will there be a development pipeline for 3rd party developers to further enhance SkinGen? Thanks, Bob

Hi Bob!
Yes, Content Developer guide & workflow will be announced later.  

Thank you Miranda, I can now sleep in peace BigGrin

See all my content in one place
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a5008f7f-0e1f-4504-bcf8-f262.png
Facebook Page: CWK3D Game and Film Content
Cancer Survivor - Retired Teacher - Geriatric Icloner still learning
Hardware: ZX80; Operating System- ZX80 Basic; CPU - ZX80 @ 3.25 MHz; Memory - 1KB; Hard Drive - N/A; Storage - Cassette; Monitor: Any old CRT TV

insectula
insectula
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)Senior Member (378 reputation)

My two cents...whomever is providing direction for your company to move in is doing an exceptional job. The tight integration with UE4 and the new skin shaders is exactly the right move to put you guys ahead of the pack. I thought your company was interesting, but the moves since the first gen of new skin shaders has left me very impressed. The individual or committee that is proving this path forward is invaluable and needs a huge pat on the back. So in my case, you guys have moved from an interesting company, to a must-have resource moving forward, all in the space of a few months. Please buy this person or people a beer and tell them how vital they are.

Mike Peterson

Mike Peterson
argus1000
argus1000
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

insectula (6/20/2020)
My two cents...whomever is providing direction for your company to move in is doing an exceptional job. The tight integration with UE4 and the new skin shaders is exactly the right move to put you guys ahead of the pack. I thought your company was interesting, but the moves since the first gen of new skin shaders has left me very impressed. The individual or committee that is proving this path forward is invaluable and needs a huge pat on the back. So in my case, you guys have moved from an interesting company, to a must-have resource moving forward, all in the space of a few months. Please buy this person or people a beer and tell them how vital they are.
Mike Peterson

I agree with everything Mike (insectula) said.

My latest movies: https://www.youtube.com/user/argus1000bis

scottleroc
scottleroc
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)

Last Active: 10 days ago
What’s the differences between SkinGen and the CC1 Appearance Editor?

When the Appearance Editor was first introduced in Character Creator 1 (2014), it included a single Substance tool encompassing both Skin and Makeup features. However the integrated approach limited asset mixing flexibility and caused performance issues. To remove this structural barrier, Reallusion built a Photoshop-like layer stack architecture for high-res texture synthesis.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/80933261-8b4f-465e-8d31-44bb.png
I bought this essential pack on the pretence that it would work on CC3 characters, do I now have to pay to upgrade to another pack to be able to do what I wanted to do with the last pack I bought?
Or is that now free to everyone? 
I was certain I read the the essential skins would be updated to work on CC3 characters... is this that?
Obviously premium seems to be the correct option for me.
I mean CC essential pack would only actually work on the CC1 Character, yes you could covert it to a CC3 character but then the progress stops there. At this point you are unable to change any of the skin details.
So I never used it. 

This seems cool but it seems a bit like the Essential pack is going to be redundant?

Does this apply to me?
Edited
2 Months Ago by scottleroc

Reading This Topic