Character Creator 3.3 - SkinGen First Look

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic446060.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Miranda (RL) - 4 Years Ago
Dear Character Creator Users,

Reallusion follows up the success of Headshot, the game changer for rapid digital double character creation AI, with a look at the forthcoming release of SkinGen. The Digital Human workflow evolves in this sneak peek of SkinGen, a new plugin for Character Creator and the next component of the Reallusion digital human creation system.  

The SkinGen Dynamic Skin Effects Layer Stack and effects library adds more skin realism and detail customization. Rapidly build complex multi-layer skin with ultrafine definition. 
  • Dynamic Skin Effects Layer Stack - sliders to adjust effect layers, blend modes, and ability to reorder layers in the stack
  • Industry-Leading Skin Textures - supports Substance Engine and features content from Texturing.xyz
  • Skin Effects for Age, Gender and Ethnicity
  • Comprehensive Face and Body Customization - complete appearance design for the entire character including skin, hair, eyelashes, fingers, nails, even makeup.
  • Real-time Editing for Each Body Material - Efficiently edit with 1K-2K textures for optimal performance and switch to 4K textures for final renders.
The SkinGen is both a feature extension and plug-in for Character Creator 3.3. To display the capability of SkinGen, the First Look video uses both embedded content and paid assets.  SkinGen Plug-in features are not presented here.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5bcec495-cee9-47d1-a302-bca5.jpg

See SkinGen, SkinGen Premium Plug-in, and related content packs HERE.

Free SkinGen Features for All CC3 Users 

Far more than a replacement for the CC1 Appearance Editor, CC3.3 SkinGen includes numerous dedicated feature tools for optimal blend performance. SkinGen will be included as a free update in the CC 3.3 release. Along with embedded sample Skins and Makeup assets, all users will be able to enjoy the layer stack and rich slider adjustments. Additionally, the new character base (CC3 Base+) is introduced to present the quality for SkinGen. Best of all, is that all existing character content can be easily converted into CC3 Base+.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d240388d-a1dc-4d00-ba40-430b.png

Major Differences between SkinGen Function and SkinGen Premium Plug-in

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/80933261-8b4f-465e-8d31-44bb.png

3 Content Packs for CC 3.3 

Besides SkinGen Premium plug-in for unlimited customization, there will be an entire line of Skin, Makeup and Morph assets. We believe this intuitive skin generation system and complete visual upgrades will level-up studio projects, allowing them to finally compete against AAA demands.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d67e5e1b-9de9-4c77-8f3a-e932.png

Frequently Asked Questions 

• Will SkinGen be a free update for Character Creator 3?
    Yes, SkinGen is a built-in feature for Character Creator 3 Pipeline and Character Creator 3 for iClone

• What’s the differences between SkinGen and the CC1 Appearance Editor?
    When the Appearance Editor was first introduced in Character Creator 1 (2014), it included a single Substance tool encompassing both Skin and Makeup features. However the integrated approach limited asset mixing flexibility and caused performance issues. To remove this structural barrier, Reallusion built a Photoshop-like layer stack architecture for high-res texture synthesis.
    SkinGen utilizes numerous dedicated tools for specific functions to reduce the performance impact when adjusting attributes in a single layer. SkinGen is designed for ultra-realistic Digital Human shaders, and includes the best scan assets licensed from TexturingXYZ for unmatched skin realism.

• Will the Skin, Makeup, and Morph Pack be compatible with the free SkinGen utility? 
    Yes, Skin and Makeup packs are fully functional without the need of the SkinGen Premium Plug-in. Morph Pack is compatible with CC 3.3 new base which comes for free with the release of CC 3.3.

• What are the product prices? Any special offers to members?
    Product list price: 
    • SkinGen Premium Plug-in: $99
    • Realistic Human Skin pack: $99
    • Makeup & SFX pack: $79
    • Ultimate Morphs pack: $99
*Reallusion will offer Launch Special Prices for all member types as usual. (see final pricing announcements)
  • Can I export characters made with SkinGen textures to other 3D tools?
    Yes, absolutely. The SkinGen dynamic materials can be baked or flatten as image textures, and exported with the character to other 3D software. Besides direct compatibility with iClone, all SkinGen textures, shaders and parameters will be transferable to Unreal Engine through the Auto Setup plug-in for Unreal.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9d628b6a-b766-4c93-9805-9a40.png

Full feature details will be revealed along with the official product launch.

By wires - 4 Years Ago
Very impressive, can't wait for it to be released. SmileCoolSmooooth
By Postfrosch - 4 Years Ago
Is SkinGen the sooo long-awaited replacement and successor to the Appearance Editor?
It will be a (paid?) Plug-in (which was expected). At what price is it offered in the shop? Is there an early bird sale again? Since this is a new product, there will again be no discounted user prices (except early bird).
Which products are still needed to work with it? I suspect the essential packages will also appear new and have to be bought again in order to get the range of services shown at all.
Greetings from Germany
Postfrosch
Sorry if these questions sound negative againDoze
Postfrosch (5/29/2020)
Is SkinGen the sooo long-awaited replacement and successor to the Appearance Editor?
It will be a (paid?) Plug-in (which was expected). At what price is it offered in the shop? Is there an early bird sale again? Since this is a new product, there will again be no discounted user prices (except early bird).
Which products are still needed to work with it? I suspect the essential packages will also appear new and have to be bought again in order to get the range of services shown at all.
Greetings from Germany
Postfrosch
Sorry if these questions sound negative againDoze

Hi Postfrosch,

Yes, SkinGen a brand new Appearance Editor for skin and makeup generation.
Besides the build-in tool and embed content assets come with free update, we will also have paid options including SkinGen Plug-in and content packs.

There will be Early Bird price as usual. Please wait for official launch for the detailed price information. Thank you!

Hi Mirinda,
thanks for this answer
Excuse me
but I assume that with the integrated, free extension of functions about 70-80% of the functions shown in the clip
Will NOT be feasible. Most of it will only be accessible via the paid plug-in.
I hope I'm wrong. But at the first CC, the fee-based food packages went almost never without. So I suspect it will be similar this time. Without any high-priced purchase of plug-ins little performance.
Greets from Germany
Postfrosch
By rosuckmedia - 4 Years Ago
Hallo Miranda,
Very impressive preview,
I am still waiting for the Apperance Editor.
Best regards rosuckmediaSmile
By bitstudios1 - 4 Years Ago
This is outstanding!!! Purchasing your software turns out to be one of the best investment I ever made!!! Your RL software had made my pipelines for game designs, animation, and cinematic scene easy to do and save me a lot of time. This is definitely a great time to be an Indie Developer!!! Can't wait to get this SkinGen plugin. Smile
This is very impressive!!! Can't wait to get this SkinGen plugin.

I wait 2 Years Wink
Greets Postfrosch

Thanks everyone!

Hi Postfrosch,

The paid SkinGen plug-in includes customization functions like texture map input, content creation tool, and UV Transfer Tool to copy skin and makeup from other models (currently compatible with Daz G3 and G8).  None of the plug-in features are shown in this video.
By stfgamedev - 4 Years Ago
Yeah, it looks great. But when all of this pipline would come to UE4 link? ) For now imported DH in UE4 looks different from the original render of DH in CC ) 

Is this an improved version of auto setup shown on the screen of live linked female character?
By GADEL - 4 Years Ago
Thanks for this upcoming plugin. Looking forward to purchasing it. 
By argus1000 - 4 Years Ago
This is fantastic! When is the release date?
By TMooney - 4 Years Ago
Will this plugin include the ability to provide and create realistic SSS, Cavity, and Thickness maps as well to use in-game engines? This on top of the extra added details to the normal maps would be huge and a time saver. So please do let us know of this. 
By alemar - 4 Years Ago
wow! fantastic tool to CC3. Thank you Miranda!
stfgamedev (5/29/2020)
Yeah, it looks great. But when all of this pipline would come to UE4 link? ) For now imported DH in UE4 looks different from the original render of DH in CC ) 

Is this an improved version of auto setup shown on the screen of live linked female character?

Yes, we will update the Unreal Auto Setup tool along with CC3.3 & IC7.8, so the shader and parameter settings will be synchronized in UE4 when transfer. Smile
By Jeasy - 4 Years Ago
Looking forward to trying it out soon. 

Is there going to be any integration with Unity? Of is the Development only happening for unreal? 

Really need love linking, transferring etc of all this wonderful features into Unity 3D as well please. 
By SunTzuGamer - 4 Years Ago
I noticed that you mentioned it would be transferred to Unreal engine but no mention of Unity? I am currently using that engine. Will it also transfer to Unity at launch?
Hi Jeasy and dfliesen_209983,

The textures SkinGen generated can be transferred to Unity via the upcoming Auto Setup tool. 
The extra data for Unreal Engine are shaders and their parameters. 

Live Link for Unity is in our plan, but we are unable to guarantee specific release date at this moment. 
By apuat - 4 Years Ago
argus1000 the release date is sometime in July http://www.cgchannel.com/2020/06/reallusion-previews-skingen/

If this date is correct, then RL
the appearance of the editor postponed again.
From March 2019 to 4th quarter 2019.
Then late first quarter of 2020, from there to early second quarter of 2020.
Now it should only appear in the early 3rd quarter of 2020.
So now this postponement should end !!!

Greets from Germany
Postfrosch
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b3134f64-1b14-4e81-9131-a732.gif
By Tom4891 - 4 Years Ago
Looks impressive, really looking forward to the new plugin!!

Question: For aging a character, what will be the role of the possibilities from the "CC Essential Morphs & Skin" pack? Will it be even necessary or will there be new possibilities? I am asking if it make sense to buy this pack now or to wait for the new plugin if the pack should get obsolete or will be included somehow.
By minotorus - 4 Years Ago
Bonjour!! Et cette version est prévue pour quand? on a une date prévisionnelle de sortie?
minotorus (6/2/2020)
Bonjour!! Et cette version est prévue pour quand? on a une date prévisionnelle de sortie?

I concur with minotorus. Can you give at least an approximate idea of the release date? We’ve been waiting for so long...

By xenoblackinc - 4 Years Ago
Honestly why are people complaining about this. When your saving a huge amount of time doing art work yourself. They did a hell of a job on this and everyone should be giving them props on the amount of work done. It’s hard to do all these maps then put them into a system that just works. I love it and can’t wait for it to be released and I’m paying for it regardless they new base will be amazing for game and animation. I wish there was a beta test for this I’d like to see how my characters would look with this enhancement feature. I think they were saying this is compatible with substance and texture xyz. I’d like to be able to put substance materials on arms or legs but individually like if I wanted a mutated zombie arm or leg. I think that would be super cool. I can’t wait to see how it works with unity and unreal.
By SunTzuGamer - 4 Years Ago
Are we there yet? Smile
By animagic - 4 Years Ago
dfliesen_209983 (6/4/2020)
Are we there yet? Smile

It will be announced when it's ready...Tongue
animagic (6/4/2020)
Are we there yet? Smile

It seems to me it was announced BEFORE it was ready
I bet it will be sometime this month
By Jfrog - 4 Years Ago
@ Miranda

Live Link for Unity is in our plan, but we are unable to guarantee specific release date at this moment. 

This is great news!
SkinGen seems amazing! 

Thanks for the update.
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback. We read every comment from forum, Youtube and social media.

CC v3.3 is confirmed to be launched in July.
Here is an introduction which shall clarify the confusion about what you will get from CC v3.3 free update.
https://www.reallusion.com/character-creator/digital-human-skin-morph.html

On this page, it also presents an overview of the related products which will be launched along with CC v3.3.
Hope it's much clearer now.  Any comment is welcomed, as always. Thanks!

Reallusion Team
By TNFireWalker - 4 Years Ago
This looks like exactly what I need for optimizing real people's images to Avatars. BUT....
QUESTION: Can this tool be used to make mustaches? I don't find that ability in HeadShot PlugIn or is it? 
I found some mustaches that I purchased in the Marketplace, but they 'look' fake. 
Thank you in advance for your response.
Nancy
By Marty3DGuru - 4 Years Ago
Miranda (RL) (6/5/2020)
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback. We read every comment from forum, Youtube and social media.

Here is an introduction which shall clarify the confusion about what you will get from CC v3.3 free update.

On this page, it also presents an overview of the related products which will be launched along with CC v3.3.

Reallusion Team

Cheers. Can't wait to buy!! Probably buy the lot with a nice early bird skin/makeup/morphs bundle. Wink

People, this is awesome, also Substance combined with the very industry respected TexturingXYZ is making CC3 a pretty unmatched tool for creating characters. Great stuff!! BigGrin

Miranda (RL) (6/5/2020)

That's great. "Unmatched skin realism" is advertized.

Beautiful. In combination with Faceware or Live Fave motion capture, we can practically create characters indistinguishable from real actors, the way Avatar was made.

By ultimativity - 4 Years Ago
I've been looking forward to this. Thanks.
argus1000 (6/4/2020)
animagic (6/4/2020)
Are we there yet? Smile

It seems to me it was announced BEFORE it was ready

I was referring to the release date.
By cinemyscope - 4 Years Ago
As a suggestion - that facial stubble feature is great but could you PLEASE add this for the head and maybe the armpits too?  The characters either have a "lush" hair cap or they look like they just had chemo.  Stubble on the head and in the armpits would go a long way.
By 0oseven - 4 Years Ago
Will the paid content packs work with the basic [free ]version of skin gen?
TNFireWalker (6/5/2020)
This looks like exactly what I need for optimizing real people's images to Avatars. BUT....
QUESTION: Can this tool be used to make mustaches? I don't find that ability in HeadShot PlugIn or is it? 
I found some mustaches that I purchased in the Marketplace, but they 'look' fake. 
Thank you in advance for your response.
Nancy

Hi Nancy,

SkinGen can generate stubble, but not mustaches.  The new content format for beard and mustache will be coming late this year.  By the time. Reallusion will release facial hair content packs as well.  
cinemyscope (6/5/2020)
As a suggestion - that facial stubble feature is great but could you PLEASE add this for the head and maybe the armpits too?  The characters either have a "lush" hair cap or they look like they just had chemo.  Stubble on the head and in the armpits would go a long way.

Yes, there will be textured hair for scalp as well.  Let me check with Team if I can show some visuals next week. 

SkinGen Premium plug-in provides Skin Tools, which allow users to customize the skin content for different parts, so armpit hair shall be feasible. I will check it and get back to you next week.

0oseven (6/5/2020)
Will the paid content packs work with the basic [free ]version of skin gen?

Yes! The built-in SkinGen function works well the paid content packs without the need of SkinGen Premium plug-in.
The plug-in is for those who want to make their own skin content, load custom image, etc.
By Colonel_Klink - 4 Years Ago
Hi Miranda, Love the new features of SkinGen. As the developer of the AgeGen for CC2 and CC3 substances I have held back on further development of those tools to see what Reallusion's plugin would do. I would like to know are substances still going to be used with the new appearance (SkinGen) editor? And if not will there be a development pipeline for 3rd party developers to further enhance SkinGen? Thanks, Bob
cinemyscope (6/5/2020)

I believe it will also be on the head (at least as stubble), just like with Head Shot.  Armpits is an interesting idea.
By mr_vidius - 4 Years Ago
Miranda (RL) (6/5/2020)
Hi everyone,

Reallusion Team

July huh? okay.. so it sounds like it will be in the 3rd quarter for release. instead of the 2nd quarter. well, i guess putting 
production on hold for another month or longer would not hurt. and putting any purchases in the content, and market place
on hold for another month or longer would not hurt either.. 

By Alolu - 4 Years Ago
Waited sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long for this.  I'm really excited about these awesome improvements!! 
By Europafilms - 4 Years Ago
SkinGen trailer looks very positive. So much more control over facial details, skin customisation and wrinkles.  Glad to hear it will be free with CC3. Exciting.
One of the greatest challenges to realistic characters in CC3 and iClone is realistic (free) hair. Look forward to updates on that too. 
(I have been scouting 3D websites for hats and using bald characters is an alternative).

Congrats on all the progress.
By midix - 4 Years Ago
Waiting for this eagerly.
Also waiting for facial hair later this year. We need realistic beards, not just stubble. And also facial wrinkles.
CC3 Base+ -  I hope it will work well in upcoming Unreal Engine 5 without generating game-mesh LODs Smile  Just dreaming, time will tell.

For full happiness, it would be awesome to have a 
simple facial mocap solution with a webcam, as Cartoon Animator does.
BTW, I'm currently working on a similar Python plugin for iClone and I've got facial feature extraction from webcam done, but I don't have enough time to proceed as fast as I expected.

By mrtobycook - 4 Years Ago
SkinGen looks fantastic! Can’t wait to buy all of it when it launches. Smile

Some quick Qs:
- will Iclone ever move to strand by strand hair grooms, as unreal engine has? Iclone hair looks so fake currently in unreal Sad Is there any development happening at all with this?
- will Headshot work with the new cc3.3 SkinGen features? And if so, how much will it work? Ie. Will the new stubble system be auto-generated by Headshot? What about the new dynamic skin, will headshot take skin from photos and generate it automatically?
- The cc3.4 beard and mustaches format - is that going to work with unreal’s latest hair system (strand by strand groom)?

Thanks so much!

Toby
By oisilener1982 - 4 Years Ago
Waiting for SkinGen and hoping for Reallusion to finally have a decent HAIR and FUR System like Unreal
Colonel_Klink (6/6/2020)
Hi Miranda, Love the new features of SkinGen. As the developer of the AgeGen for CC2 and CC3 substances I have held back on further development of those tools to see what Reallusion's plugin would do. I would like to know are substances still going to be used with the new appearance (SkinGen) editor? And if not will there be a development pipeline for 3rd party developers to further enhance SkinGen? Thanks, Bob

Hi Bob!
Yes, Content Developer guide & workflow will be announced later.  
Hi mrtobycook, please see our comments below.
mrtobycook (6/11/2020)
SkinGen looks fantastic! Can’t wait to buy all of it when it launches. Smile

Some quick Qs:
- will Iclone ever move to strand by strand hair grooms, as unreal engine has? Iclone hair looks so fake currently in unreal Sad Is there any development happening at all with this?

No, we have no plan in supporting hair strands in CC and iClone. However, with the coming Auto Setup, iClone 7.8 can export collision shape data along with character to UE4, which will save more time in setting groom hair in Unreal Engine. Tutorials are in plan.

- will Headshot work with the new cc3.3 SkinGen features? And if so, how much will it work? Ie. Will the new stubble system be auto-generated by Headshot? What about the new dynamic skin, will headshot take skin from photos and generate it automatically?

The head & texture generation mechanism of Headshot remains no change.  Users can further use SkinGen to add more facial & body details on Headshot-generated character.

- The cc3.4 beard and mustaches format - is that going to work with unreal’s latest hair system (strand by strand groom)?

No, beard and mustache content are still hair cards.

By Ascensi - 4 Years Ago
@Reallusion Hi I'm still waiting for an answer on this from a couple weeks back on a different thread. Is the new CC3 Base+ compatible with displacement?
1.Using displacement with the new topology  does it break at the adjoining parts like neck, ears, navel, middle of chest and back?
It looks like there will be less of a problem but need to know if the issue has been resolved, thanks.

2.does the new skingen have the option to automatically generate a heightmap that show up in the normal map channel? 
Miranda (RL) (6/14/2020)
No, we have no plan in supporting hair strands in CC and iClone.

Thanks for responding Miranda! Smile It’s a pity that iclone/CC won’t support hair strands, but will there please please be plans to help all of us improve the look of Iclone hair inside unreal somehow? It just looks terrible. :-( Perhaps there are tips and tricks I don’t know about? In closeup, the hair is always “low poly” looking. I’ve tried all sorts of things with no improvement - it really holds iClone back as far as a AAA “look” to characters in Unreal.
By Bassline303 - 4 Years Ago
mrtobycook (6/14/2020)
Miranda (RL) (6/14/2020)
No, we have no plan in supporting hair strands in CC and iClone.

Thanks for responding Miranda! Smile It’s a pity that iclone/CC won’t support hair strands, but will there please please be plans to help all of us improve the look of Iclone hair inside unreal somehow? It just looks terrible. :-( Perhaps there are tips and tricks I don’t know about? In closeup, the hair is always “low poly” looking. I’ve tried all sorts of things with no improvement - it really holds iClone back as far as a AAA “look” to characters in Unreal.

Can you post a picture of your "terrible" hair?
Maybe I can give you some help.

This was rendered in UE4.24 - perhaps the better anti aliasing options in UE4.25 will improve the jagged appearance of the hair. (This is rendered at twice UHD and scaled down, to try to improve the quality - but nope. Super jaggy. And have had same exact issue with any hair I’ve transferred from Iclone.)
ok , the hair cap looks very dark too.
I have some questions about Raytracing shadows, lights and hair , maybe it is not the right forum here.
Please follow me to this forum here :
https://forum.reallusion.com/419325/Tips-Tricks-for-Unreal-Engine-4?PageIndex=36

And post a picture of how the hair looks in IClone or CC3.

By delebash - 4 Years Ago
I am working on that.  There are some good solutions such as OpenPose and OpenFace but they cannot be used commercially.  Also there are other simple python scripts but the main problem is the datasets they are all for non commercial use.  How ever MediaPipe with datasets created by google can be used commercially.  I am learning about this kind of stuff and will see what I can do.  See this for examples.  This a very challenging project and if any wants to help please let me know.  See MediaPipe for full info on googles solution.  They do not have a Python api yet but the do have a javscript api.

Reallusion I love your products but your mocap solutions are to expensive for me as a single developer.  I do not plan to charge anything for this product and plugin to iClone it will all be open source.  My hope is that this solution will bring more individuals into the Reallusion ecosystem.  I do not believe this will impact your commercial mocap solutions as they are for companies who can afford it and who want commercial support.

Thanks,
Dan
By Colonel_Klink - 4 Years Ago
Miranda (RL) (6/14/2020)
Colonel_Klink (6/6/2020)

Hi Bob!
Yes, Content Developer guide & workflow will be announced later.  

Thank you Miranda, I can now sleep in peace BigGrin

By insectula - 4 Years Ago
My two cents...whomever is providing direction for your company to move in is doing an exceptional job. The tight integration with UE4 and the new skin shaders is exactly the right move to put you guys ahead of the pack. I thought your company was interesting, but the moves since the first gen of new skin shaders has left me very impressed. The individual or committee that is proving this path forward is invaluable and needs a huge pat on the back. So in my case, you guys have moved from an interesting company, to a must-have resource moving forward, all in the space of a few months. Please buy this person or people a beer and tell them how vital they are.

Mike Peterson
insectula (6/20/2020)
My two cents...whomever is providing direction for your company to move in is doing an exceptional job. The tight integration with UE4 and the new skin shaders is exactly the right move to put you guys ahead of the pack. I thought your company was interesting, but the moves since the first gen of new skin shaders has left me very impressed. The individual or committee that is proving this path forward is invaluable and needs a huge pat on the back. So in my case, you guys have moved from an interesting company, to a must-have resource moving forward, all in the space of a few months. Please buy this person or people a beer and tell them how vital they are.
Mike Peterson

I agree with everything Mike (insectula) said.

By scottleroc - 4 Years Ago
What’s the differences between SkinGen and the CC1 Appearance Editor?

When the Appearance Editor was first introduced in Character Creator 1 (2014), it included a single Substance tool encompassing both Skin and Makeup features. However the integrated approach limited asset mixing flexibility and caused performance issues. To remove this structural barrier, Reallusion built a Photoshop-like layer stack architecture for high-res texture synthesis.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/80933261-8b4f-465e-8d31-44bb.png
I bought this essential pack on the pretence that it would work on CC3 characters, do I now have to pay to upgrade to another pack to be able to do what I wanted to do with the last pack I bought?
Or is that now free to everyone? 
I was certain I read the the essential skins would be updated to work on CC3 characters... is this that?
Obviously premium seems to be the correct option for me.
I mean CC essential pack would only actually work on the CC1 Character, yes you could covert it to a CC3 character but then the progress stops there. At this point you are unable to change any of the skin details.
So I never used it. 

This seems cool but it seems a bit like the Essential pack is going to be redundant?

Does this apply to me?
By MilesV - 4 Years Ago
I'm excited about this update and the new plugins! Now that it's July, is the plan still to release this month? And are there anymore sneak peeks coming our way?
By Peter (RL) - 4 Years Ago
scottleroc (6/25/2020)
 I bought this essential pack on the pretence that it would work on CC3 characters, do I now have to pay to upgrade to another pack to be able to do what I wanted to do with the last pack I bought? 
Or is that now free to everyone? 
I was certain I read the the essential skins would be updated to work on CC3 characters... is this that?
Obviously premium seems to be the correct option for me.
I mean CC essential pack would only actually work on the CC1 Character, yes you could covert it to a CC3 character but then the progress stops there. At this point you are unable to change any of the skin details.
So I never used it.

The CC Essentials bundle works with Character Creator 3 and will continue to work after the 3.3 update. CC Essentials comprises of clothing, morphs and skin textures. The contents were originally for Character Creator 1/2 but were updated for CC3 so all contents can be used with the CC3 base. It's important to remember that all existing CC3 characters can easily be converted to the new CC3+ base and will also be compatible with SkinGen.
miles.vonschriltz (7/1/2020)
I'm excited about this update and the new plugins! Now that it's July, is the plan still to release this month? And are there anymore sneak peeks coming our way?

The plan is still for a July release but the date has not yet been finalised. 
I bet it's a very very complicated update - it really is massive! I'm very excited but also know we have to be patient.

The more days that pass, the more bugs and issues are being resolved I'm sure. Wish I was part of the beta - maybe one day! :-)
By carlo1981 - 4 Years Ago
so 28 days left in July BigGrin 
this update will be epic !
im also cant wait to have this ! and one more 99 is ok for his premium i hink, i will buy it ! RL is the grail
By pwnz7321 - 4 Years Ago
Are there anymore sneak peeks coming? I'm incredibly excited about this and curious about what is inside the packages that will be released along side of the basic SkinGen.
Realistic Human Skin, Makeup and SFX, Ultimate Morphs, and what kind of things you can do with Premium!
By ShibaPai - 4 Years Ago
So when they said july they meant the end of july? 
ShibaPai (7/6/2020)
So when they said july they meant the end of july? 

They meant anytime between July 1 and July 31...Tongue
By Mikay² - 4 Years Ago
Better take your time. I would wait until next month if you add more spine and neck bones to make the skeleton less rigid and more realistic.
Better take your time. I would wait until next month if you add more spine and neck bones to make the skeleton less rigid and more realistic.                               

Hi Mikay,

when the RL does not take the time for this expansion, one can hardly say.
It has been working on it since October 2018. So during this time of development something sensible should already have come out. Maybe the new CC 3 + Character already has the bone enlargements in your throat that you seem to need so badly
Greets from Germany
Postfrosch
By MilesV - 4 Years Ago
Postfrosch (7/7/2020)

Hi Mikay,

It has been working on it since October 2018. So during this time of development something sensible should already have come out. Maybe the new CC 3 + Character already has the bone enlargements in your throat that you seem to need so badly
Greets from Germany
Postfrosch

There are no new bones, but there is a higher poly count. The face now actually has a higher poly count than Daz Gen8 base. https://forum.reallusion.com/447354/Character-Creator-33-New-Character-Base-CC3-Base

By Marty3DGuru - 4 Years Ago
I've got a feeling it's coming this next week Wink

I've been holding off new projects for the new base model CC3+ mesh. 
Maybe the end of the month or early next month. This is a really nice plugin and the Addons will be nice too. I wonder if they will update the unity plugin?
Yes , they will :-)

https://forum.reallusion.com/396261/CC3-to-Unity-AutoSetup-Script-Download-Update-History?PageIndex=15
Yes, we are all super excited for this new base character and for skin gen!

I would assume it’s incredibly difficult to keep to any type of schedule at the moment because of Covid. So many people working from home, and it’s much more difficult to concentrate etc.

I’m just saying... Let’s all give the Reallusion team a bit of a break if it ends up being August rather than July! They are doing the very best they can, under fraught circumstances! (And it’s a much smaller team than Epic lol - sometimes I think people assume Reallusion has hundreds of coders lol)
By chriswoodrum2011 - 4 Years Ago
Do you have a rough date for the July Release?
By Mikay² - 4 Years Ago
Postfrosch (7/7/2020)
[quote]Better take your time. I would wait 
Hi Mikay,

Greets from Germany
Postfrosch

Hahaha, pis**ng off Germans is basically what I live for! Wink
Liebe Grüße aus Österreich
Servus Mikay,
!
Hahaha, pis**ng off Germans is basically what I live for!

alter Südstaatler :rolleyes
Kannst Du machen - mich trifft's nicht - da selber Südstaatler aus Bayern
und zwar ziemlich grenznah zu den Ösis - die ja mal Teil des Herzogtums Bayern waren
Habedere mit den besten Grüssen aus (Nieder)Bayern
Postfrosch
PS:
To all English speaking users:
Please excuse the German text.
I just had to send a greeting to Mikay

By Mikay² - 4 Years Ago
Ma sog des do glei! BigGrin
(good luck google translate with this one)
By TAaustin - 4 Years Ago
This is my 4th post...I have a question about the new SkinGen coming soon to CC3. My concern is that I purchased the CC Essential Bundle (complete bundle) - [Export version]...I was wanting to know if the SkinGen Plugin and the 3 packs are an updated version of the CC Essential Bundle or does it replace the current Appearance Editor or is it something completely separate? I am lost concerning the new update coming in July? If anyone can shed some light on this matter it would be very much appreciated...thanks.
TAaustin, sorry you haven’t had an answer yet! I would add a support ticket as it seems no real illusion person wants to answer on here. (Edit: to be clear, I mean because you’ve asked multiple times and had no answer)

The pack you’re talking about is very popular, and yes it does seem to overlap with the features being teased - I just think you have to wait until release to find out what will happen. in general, this new SkinGen system is an overall upgrade to the Appearance Editor and will replace it - based on things they have said before in this thread.

It’s a good point though - decals and stuff were a feature previously of the “pack” you purchased. It’s not clear if the that decal function (for example) will just be part of SkinGen and everyone will be able to do it. Or whether it will be part of the paid SkinGen extra thing. (And maybe they will give you a discount, and others who bought the pack you did?)
By TAaustin - 4 Years Ago
Thanks...glad I am not the only one with that question.
mrtobycook (7/18/2020)
TAaustin, sorry you haven’t had an answer yet! I would add a support ticket as it seems no real illusion person wants to answer on here.

It's the weekend. RL people have a life too...
animagic (7/19/2020)
mrtobycook (7/18/2020)
TAaustin, sorry you haven’t had an answer yet! I would add a support ticket as it seems no real illusion person wants to answer on here.

It's the weekend. RL people have a life too...

He said it was his fourth time posting, so I was trying to be helpful Smile) But you’re right! RL people have a weekend too! I think it’s difficult for many folks as they are eagerly awaiting this update, that’s all, and have questions. Smile) but in a few weeks we will all know all the answers! RL has a history of “making good” with deals and offers, so anyone worried about SkinGen somehow “ripping them off” because they have bought packs etc should try to just wait - I’m sure RL will solve any issues!! Smile)
By Kiura - 4 Years Ago
i also want to know...
TAaustin (7/18/2020)
This is my 4th post...I have a question about the new SkinGen coming soon to CC3. My concern is that I purchased the CC Essential Bundle (complete bundle) - [Export version]...I was wanting to know if the SkinGen Plugin and the 3 packs are an updated version of the CC Essential Bundle or does it replace the current Appearance Editor or is it something completely separate? I am lost concerning the new update coming in July? If anyone can shed some light on this matter it would be very much appreciated...thanks.

Hello TAaustin,

1. When CC v3.3 releases, CC Essential Morph will be updated to be compatible with the new base (CC3+).  
2. The new morph pack (Ultimate Morphs) is not an updated version of CC Essential Morph. It contains around 200 new morphs and 12 character shapes.  CC Essential Morph will be a bonus in this pack.
3. SkinGen is not a replacement for the Appearance Editor.  SkinGen is designed for the new base (CC3+), while Appearance Editor is designed for CC1 Character.  The function will be active depends on which generation of character you are currently editing on the view port. 
*The full function of dynamic texture editing for clothes and accessory remains no change.

Hope it helps!
mrtobycook (7/18/2020)
TAaustin, sorry you haven’t had an answer yet! I would add a support ticket as it seems no real illusion person wants to answer on here. (Edit: to be clear, I mean because you’ve asked multiple times and had no answer)

The user hadn't asked multiple times and got no answer. This was TAaustin's first post about SkinGen. His other posts were from two years ago on an unrelated issue.
By anandadivine108 - 4 Years Ago
Is there any ETA for when 3.3 will be released? We're almost at the end of July.
By MilesV - 4 Years Ago
This was answered earlier today on the new base mesh thread with "Very Soon!". So, it seems that the plan is still to release within the next 11 days, but they're probably in the final crunch and won't be giving us a set date. I'm sure on top of fixing bugs and polishing at this point they're also trying to finalize documentation, marketing materials, and ad copy. I think we're all getting a little anxious and hoping this doesn't get pushed back past July. No matter when it comes out, it'll be fun to dive into the new tools and see what is possible.

anandadivine108 (7/20/2020)
Is there any ETA for when 3.3 will be released? We're almost at the end of July.

There's actually 10 days left in July BUT the 3.3 release is very, very close now. Wink
By MilesV - 4 Years Ago
There are 31 days in July and it's the 20th. Lol Should I take that as we're getting 3.3 on the 30th? 😁

There's actually 10 days left in July BUT the 3.3 release is very, very close now. Wink

By anandadivine108 - 4 Years Ago

Peter (RL) (7/21/2020)

Thanks, Please take your time to release it. I rather wait until it's done right. No rush needed. Sure I want to play with it right now, but I appreciate thruoughness more. You guys are doing a fantastic job and I'm so grateful to have bought your awesome program. I hope more Unreal goodness coming in the future. Thanks again.
miles.vonschriltz (7/21/2020)
There are 31 days in July and it's the 20th. Lol Should I take that as we're getting 3.3 on the 30th? 😁

I'm in the UK and it was the 21st when I posted. So 10 days was correct. Tongue
By MilesV - 4 Years Ago
LOL Well hello from the US!

If there is a better place to ask, please let me know. I'm very interested in making and selling characters in the Marketplace (I've started reading through the developer resources). Are we allowed to sell an avatar that includes textures, maps, and resources provided with SkinGen and the premium plugin? 

I'm in the UK and it was the 21st when I posted. So 10 days was correct. Tongue

By wires - 4 Years Ago
miles.vonschriltz (7/21/2020)

If there is a better place to ask, please let me know. I'm very interested in making and selling characters in the Marketplace (I've started reading through the developer resources). Are we allowed to sell an avatar that includes textures, maps, and resources provided with SkinGen and the premium plugin? 

There is a vast collection of items in the Marketplace using such content. The seller has to state just which items have been used in creating the item, and the buyer will have to own/purchase the packs containing said items otherwise the Scene window will contain watermarks and the scenes can not be rendered out.
By Dorothy Jean - 4 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (7/21/2020)

Gah!!!! You have me on the edge of my seat. I hope it comes out this Friday cause I have that day off work. Smile

By aliinct_477385 - 4 Years Ago
Any update on pricing for discounted bundles to be offered?
By Camonra - 4 Years Ago
User Guides, Technical Documentation, and Training are usually the last thing in the process, so if there's a need for a little more time, we should realize that the last piece of the puzzle will have the greatest direct impact on us if it isn't done right.
By pwnz7321 - 4 Years Ago
Update 3.3 is Finally Here!
By MilesV - 4 Years Ago
I jumped on to see if anyone else noticed! Downloading now! Can't wait!

pwnz7321 (7/23/2020)
Update 3.3 is Finally Here!

Installation gives me an error - anyone get it to actually install? Mine says “installation failed”
By MilesV - 4 Years Ago
I didn't get an error installing, but when I opened CC3 I got a notice that Headshot isn't compatible yet. It's going through the process of updating sliders for me right now.

mrtobycook (7/23/2020)
Installation gives me an error - anyone get it to actually install? Mine says “installation failed” 
By Slayerazazel - 4 Years Ago
mrtobycook (7/23/2020)

Anyone receiving errors should try to stop all reallusion processes and try again. If that doesn't work, reboot your machine and try again.
By Jeasy - 4 Years Ago

Just updated to the latest version of Character Creator, iClone etc, tried opening Character Creator and getting a message:"Headshot Plugin for Character Creator is not compatible with this version and will be disabled as a result. Please update your plugin to a compatible version. It the problem persists, please contact Technical Support for further assistance."Also unable to start up Character Creator 3.3 after update...
By Jeasy - 4 Years Ago
So got the update for Headshot1.1, but can't open CC3.3. now. Keeps freezing, this is where it gets stuck.

By Jeasy - 4 Years Ago
I think I figured out the issue, its Smart Gallery creating the problem, Uninstalled it and Boom all is working. BigGrin If you want to pass on the feedback to the software team please.

Jeasy (7/23/2020)
So got the update for Headshot1.1, but can't open CC3.3. now. Keeps freezing, this is where it gets stuck.

By Kiwi-Hawk - 4 Years Ago
Kia ora

How long do we have at this sale price? I'm gonna need 3 weeks to get together $282 NZ
mrtobycook (7/23/2020)

Do make sure you have all your Reallusion products closed down when updating. It would also be worth giving your computer a restart first to be sure.

Then try updating iClone or Character Creator first before any plugins. If you still have problems, logout of the Hub and then back in again.
miles.vonschriltz (7/23/2020)
I didn't get an error installing, but when I opened CC3 I got a notice that Headshot isn't compatible yet. It's going through the process of updating sliders for me right now.

mrtobycook (7/23/2020)

The Headshot 1.1 update is now available. Please close down CC3 and then update Headshot using the Hub. You should then find Headshot is active again.
Kiwi-Hawk (7/23/2020)
Kia ora

How long do we have at this sale price? I'm gonna need 3 weeks to get together $282 NZ

The Early Bird pricing for SkinGen Premium goes on until August 31st 2020 so you should be fine. Smile