Iclone Avatar builder?

Posted By jleao 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 11 hours ago
Alley (3/14/2010)
Like you I had the points sitting so gave it a try.  The tank top is distorted in the sleeves, nothing like the picture inside Evolver.  I thought this would be a cool hair for an accessory, but it seems it is part of the texture, it isn't something I can use on another character.  The shoes I can save, but I was surprised at the female shoes as being "flats" only - no other options, even with the dresses.

Hi Alley,

Because of the numerous variations available, some textures do come out out slightly misaligned occasionally. This is normally most noticeable around the waist area but sometimes affects straps, collars etc.

Some of the short hairstyles are part of the body mesh but the longer styles are separate meshes and can be saved as Accessories. You can then add these to your other iClone avatars if you wish.

I totally agree with you about the shoes which are not very good and the weakest part of the GEvolver models in my opinion. As you have already found out, you can add standard G3 shoes which makes all the difference.

Thanks for the feedback. All the feedback received will be looked into and I'm sure these areas will be improved over time. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hm there seem to be numerous reports of the character deforming incorrectly when ported to iClone... Gee...

If this is the case, I think I'd rather just spend the extra 20 on the actual site and get the character in multiple formats with all the clothing and things as seperate pieces so then I could just import it (when 3DX 4 comes out) as a external model... but meh... 40 dollars is even more than 20.

Darn Quidam, why must you cost SO DARN MUCH!!!

...or...

I wish iClone had a slightly easier character creator. (I mean for morphs and things) because as I said, not all that good at character design and my characters either eend up looking too fat or too thin or proportionatly incorrect or some other dumb thing. This is why I thought this would be great. (The Gevolver thing I mean.) but if it deforms the shape when you get it to iClone, it kind of kills the purpose because I'd have to do it over again myself... argh...

Sorry for all the whining and complaining, just pointing out why I'm becoming skeptical of this.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.

Reading This Topic