Iclone Avatar builder?

Posted By jleao 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jleao
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
OK, iIclone Avatar builder is launched and i think building an avatar online is fun and interesting concept, but...i still don´t get it and i would like someone to enlighten me.

I spend a lot of money buying iclone and iclone packs because besides of the animation...iclone let me build my avatars with my own face and all that. Now i have a website were i have to spend my money (and a lot...2000 direct acess points is expensive) to...BUILD AN AVATAR?

Is the avatars made with iclone Gevolver better than the ones made inside iclone? If so, why?...iclone is expensive we should have these tools inside the program. 

Why would i spend my money building avatars online if i can do them in iclone? I could see some interest if people could build the avatars for use somewhere else, but these avatars can only be opened inside iclone 4...so why? What´s the advantage? I may be totally wrong and there is probably advantages and uses for this so please someone correct me. Thanks.

Edited
14 Years Ago by jleao
Capemedia
Capemedia
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Film and Music Producer

Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Hi,

You raise a really good point.  Why?  I have no idea BigGrin

I think that the options on the G-Evolver site gives more flexibility to your avatars and allows more custom creations. 

I'm sure mainly everything you can do on the G-Evolver site can be done in iClone Pro. However you can choose two different face or body types and morph them to produce something unique and different.  Also we have a limited number of body and face types that come with iClone Pro, so I suppose G-Evolver gives us more choice?

But I think Reallusion wants to give everybody different options.

I can create something in iClone Pro as good and save myself £12 to £14 ($20), but I'm going to give it one try and see what I get.  Personally I would have preferred a pack with all the options added into iClone Pro with a one off payment of say £30 ($50).

Just my thoughts.

Cape!

Score Variations

Capemedia UK Limited's Website

jleao
jleao
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
thanks for your opinion, Capemedia. I just think that if this site permits more flexible charcters and better options they should be on iclone itself. I will give it a try also because i want to know what´s the end result but, to be honest, i´m not to excited and i feel a bit disapointed at reallusion because they should be working on giving us the best tool inside iclone and not developing outside tools that do what it already can be done...or should be . Pop  video 2.0 will be a great app and exchange 4 should be also great because they complement iclone. gevolver? Can´t understand it, really. Only see one reason for it: More income to reallusion. Sorry, not trying to offend anyone, just a modest opinion.
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
This is pictures from the site and then the actual output

as you can see the body is totally wrong the face isnt to bad .. I hope its just glitches as its new .. fingers crossedSmile

Plus iv been waiting 5 hours for 1 character to be ready n still waitingw00t

Face output isnt to bad ... though not as defined as the preview .....

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
Edited
14 Years Ago by bluemidget666
Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hm that's somewhat disconforting a little.

See the point of Evolver characters is that they're suppose to be universal, so for example, I could make a character and port it out toWild Pockeets, Blender, Ogre, FriendHangOut, and many other on and offline media and virtual worlds. I was thinking the iClone one was going to be like this too where I could go in my actual evolver account, make a character, and then port it to iClone, but also to anywhere else, so I could have my character in iCLone and also have it in other places... but it appears that I have to have a seperate account and my evolver character I make for iClone can't be used anywhere else... Hmmm.

Also, the evolver characters can have a much higher poly and bone count, but I think it goes down in iClone I think. Justa guess.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
Christy0
Christy0
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Looks a good concept, maybe over time things will get better, and more export options and modeling tools will be added. It's still really early days yet. But it sure is something to keep an eye on.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e9080617-e063-46e7-ad69-a9c8.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f125ca23-2f9f-40dc-b6cd-d1a8.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d5dd533e-e6d4-4ee9-9a17-91da.png

animagic
animagic
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
I tried the Evolver site directly, but I wan't too impressed, especially with regards to the shape of the face.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Im waiting for 1 more Avatar to be ready, this is a old man and has the more extream characteristics, when I see how he comes out ill have a better idea of the usefulness of the site..

DesertWalker
DesertWalker
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I won't be able to get around to it soon, but can someone try to make a kid character to see what happens? Kid characters made using iClone body-morphing usually have adult body features, such as chest musle for boys and breasts for girls, which are not desirable. iClone is not a modeling app. If RL partners with Evolver to provide a service that means it must be doing body-morphing better than iClone currently does.
Edited
14 Years Ago by DesertWalker
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Now this is more like it .. This is the quality I was expecting ...........BigGrin

Reading This Topic