Iclone Avatar builder?

Posted By jleao 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
bluemidget666
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
My personal experience is the bodies morphs don’t copy over into Iclone especially if you want extreme like obese.... The faces though give you more choice than Iclone especially the extreme ones like old men.... and using your own photos to create characters is easier and better than (MY Experience) Iclone

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Harper (3/8/2010)
Attached is a picture of evolution out of control. Poor Fred.

No, you just knocked one of the dials on your teleporter and now you have molecular smear in your starship. Cleanup on Aisle 4!

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards
duchess110
duchess110
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
aknzrdude (3/8/2010)
is it me or does the current options for Gevolver not really offer that much beyond getting unique faces - for 2000 points, that seems an expensive proposition

the bodies,costumes it comes with are not impressive, can easily get those and much better with existing clone cloth - now once they have unique bodies, clothing shapes, it might make it worth the 2000 points

or am i missing the value proposition here?

On the sneak preview thread

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic41986-161-4.aspx#bm42689

I did mention were Reallusion going to consider a head option but that seems to have been ignored. Like Gabe (akn) I felt that the bodies we have are fine and that to me the GEvolver option was for me a head creation although if you go into face animation and use the puppet you can also create some unusual face features. I suppose it is early days yet only time will tell if GEvolver is a useful option.

Duchess Designs Store 

Edited
14 Years Ago by duchess110
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 10 hours ago
duchess110 (3/9/2010)I did mention were Reallusion going to consider a head option but that seems to have been ignored. Like Gabe (akn) I felt that the bodies we have are fine and that to me the GEvolver option was for me a head creation although if you go into face animation and use the puppet you can also create some unusual face features. I suppose it is early days yet only time will tell if GEvolver is a useful option.

Hi Duchess,

Apologies for missing your question. I have now replied in the other thread.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic41986-161-4.aspx.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Harper
Harper
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)

Last Active: 13 Years Ago
Darwin Dimensions, Inc. (aka GEvolver) has another Evolver website (apparently still in beta but open to the public) with additional features and freebie services. I have accounts on both sites. The accounts do not appear to be linked between the GEvolver and Evolver beta site. You can render free videos and images of the avatars you create which are emailed directly to you (nice for testing) and transport your avatars to social networking sites or sell them on their Marketplace.

http://www.darwindimensions.com/

Mark
Edited
14 Years Ago by Harper
Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Yeah, I've mentioned this as well.

You can have your character and export it as FBX and everything and it'll look exactly like the character including clothes (not just painted on clothes) and stuff. But it costs 40 dollars, and you thought 20 dollars was a lot.

There are some places that you can port it too for free though.

I do wish the accounts were linked though.

You can also get there via www.evolver.com as well.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
miguel.lobo
miguel.lobo
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)

Last Active: 14 Years Ago
Hi there,
Just browsing around I found out about this iClone Avatar Builder thing... it goes a little on the opposite side of what I would expect of the forthcoming iClone versions.
I was hoping to see some improvement in the way you could customize the characters, some more morphing, and it would be ok. Then some improvements in the rendering, motion and we are almost there.
Plus the price is very high for the output I have seen here.
Best regards
ML
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
To be honest I do like the Gevolver site, but if this is RLs solution to character creation ather than developing the tools with in Iclone, then it needs to be much cheaper as Quidium 3 pro is £400 and I can create lowpoly character in that, then use the new 3D exchange to bring them into Iclone. Yes its expensive but in the long run would beat paying nearly £20 per avatar. Its just a matter of maths.

Is anyone else using the gevolver site... as I would like to see what characters people are creating with this siteBigGrin

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
dh216832
dh216832
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)Senior Member (481 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I wasted 2000 points on an avatar. The system isn't too bad, but the painted on textures was just a complete waste of time in evolver. If I'd known that I would have left the default clothes and just got the head. Lesson learned there!

Then again, those 2000 points had been sitting in my account for a long time - unused. So no skin off my back.

However, this: http://www.makehuman.org/

is why we should at least have an iclone plugin for Blender. Alas, that's a pipedream?

dh
Alley
Alley
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Like you I had the points sitting so gave it a try.  The tank top is distorted in the sleeves, nothing like the picture inside Evolver.  I thought this would be a cool hair for an accessory, but it seems it is part of the texture, it isn't something I can use on another character.  The shoes I can save, but I was surprised at the female shoes as being "flats" only - no other options, even with the dresses.

While this is an interesting character, not sure I would spend what equates to $20 again for normal day to day characters.  Maybe for a really odd looking character or creature.

ADDED - I was able to add Violet high heels to replace the flats.  This is good.  And I could add other hair over top of this hair which gave her a different look.

Alley

Edited
14 Years Ago by Alley

Reading This Topic