Profile Picture

CC3 Not Launching

Posted By abranchfie 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
abranchfie
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)Senior Member (469 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I just installed the latest update to CC3 and now it is not launching.  No errors, the splash screen shows for a few seconds then goes away then nothing.  This isn't a compatibility issue as I've been using it for the past 3 months without any problems.  I'm having the same problem with iclone7. 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Most likely you've updated your nVidia drivers (either intentionally or behind the scenes).  Roll them back.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
TonyTiger
TonyTiger
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Same thing happened to me after I updated my driver 602 I think,Nvidia has a separate 'Studio' driver now that specializes in 3D work

TonyTiger
TonyTiger
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

After I installed the 'Studio' driver every thing runs peeeeeerrrrrfffffeeeeecccccttttt.

sonic7
sonic7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

Hey ..... @TonyTiger - I'm glad you mentioned this new "Studio" version driver from Nvidia - which I wasn't aware of - and was somewhat excited to read on the Nvidia site, this:

" ..... VIDIA Studio Drivers provide artists, creators and 3D developers the best performance and reliability when working with creative applications. To achieve the highest level of reliability, Studio Drivers undergo extensive testing against multi-app creator workflows and multiple revisions of the top creative applications from Adobe to Autodesk and beyond. Available today, the latest NVIDIA Studio Driver provides optimal support for the latest releases of top creative applications including Magix VEGAS Pro v17, Autodesk Arnold, Allegorithmic Substance Painter 2019.2, Blender 2.80, Cinema 4D R21, and Otoy Octane Render 2019.2.

In addition, this new NVIDIA Studio Driver introduces support for 30-bit color across all product lines, including GeForce and TITAN, for the first time, allowing for seamless color transitions without banding. With 24-bit color, a pixel can be built from 16.7 million shades of color. By increasing to 30-bit color, a pixel can now be built from over 1 billion shades of color, which eliminates the abrupt changes in shades of the same color .... "

So I downloaded the STUDIO version 431.70 (for my GTX1070 in laptop) - and yes! ..... all looks good!
Thanks for mentioning it!  Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Ryan Hayle
Ryan Hayle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
This is stupid! Why do we have to install a Studio version driver just to be able to run the latest version of CC 3.1 and iClone 7.6?
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 51 minutes ago
rjhayle (9/1/2019)
This is stupid! Why do we have to install a Studio version driver just to be able to run the latest version of CC 3.1 and iClone 7.6?

I wish people would just learn to be realistic.

1. The latest Nvidia driver messes things up, which is not RL's fault.
2. You can use a previous driver (or just not update), which could but does not have to be the Studio driver. I use the regular 431.60 and have no issues.
3. RL is working with Nvidia to resolve this, but it will take some time.
4. Using a previous driver is not the end of the world. If you are serious about using iClone or any 3D program, stability is more important than having the latest and evidently not so greatest.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Ryan Hayle
Ryan Hayle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)Senior Member (496 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I have been using Nvidia drivers since the RIVA TNT came out in 1998 and I have never seen a driver prevent an application from starting before in this manor. I made the assumption that the standard driver had not been tested for the new release or that they were pushing for the studio driver now, so thank you for clearing this up.
digitallywired
digitallywired
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (594 reputation)Veteran Member (594 reputation)Veteran Member (594 reputation)Veteran Member (594 reputation)Veteran Member (594 reputation)Veteran Member (594 reputation)Veteran Member (594 reputation)Veteran Member (594 reputation)Veteran Member (594 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Neither iClone nor CC work. Glad there is a reason for it, but it is a pain to have to attempt to roll back drivers. These drivers often contain important security patches, so need to be applied. It's beyond ridiculous that Reallusion products would just stop working, however. Thanks for the advice to install the "studio" drivers. While I ended up blue screening at the end of the install, my computer rebooted, and now both iClone and CC work again! Perhaps Reallusion should let people know that this is an issue and to run "Studio"--which seems to be the best option, anyway: "NVIDIA Studio Drivers provide artists, creators and 3D developers the best performance and reliability when working with creative applications. To achieve the highest level of reliability, Studio Drivers undergo extensive testing against multi-app creator workflows and multiple revisions of the top creative applications from Adobe to Autodesk and beyond."
Edited
5 Years Ago by digitallywired
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
actually with this whole thing, is there an error message that appears when the apps are loaded with the 436.02 and 436.15 drivers, or is it just a silent stop in the background? It is a fascinating question - why is a graphics driver preventing these apps from loading... Does it happen with 3dxchange too?

If the drivers are bringing optimization, then maybe this is a blessing in disguise if RL products have no choice but to likewise modernize internal processes in order to maintain relevance.

Reading This Topic