Special Notice: CC Unreal Auto-Setup Plugin (Beta 2.0) Process Update

Posted By Miranda (RL) 5 Years Ago
Rated 3 stars based on 2 votes.

Special Notice: CC Unreal Auto-Setup Plugin (Beta 2.0) Process Update

Author
zeoniknights
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thanks for this but I really wish you had an easy way to change Hair Color. everything going golden for hair in Unreal 4 engine ??? I started with Red or mix.
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
@Bassline303, they are beautiful!! Look nice in the demo project. 

@SWStudio, hair is indeed the most difficult part of visual fine tuning.
Can you show us the image? From your words, you can try to enable TAA, or use the standard shader to see if it helps.

@zeoniknights, did you mean the color is auto tweaked during the import?
SWGames
SWGames
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)

I can't select the HQ Shader option in Unreal Engine 4.22 only the standard one works, I tried the same character in UE 4.21 and it works just fine, so there is something wrong or not working with the Digital Human shaders in UE 4.22.
It would be great if you could have a look at it.
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)

SWStudio (4/11/2019)
I can't select the HQ Shader option in Unreal Engine 4.22 only the standard one works, I tried the same character in UE 4.21 and it works just fine, so there is something wrong or not working with the Digital Human shaders in UE 4.22.

Hi SWStudio,

We are unable to reproduce this issue on our side.
Please help to check:
1) ff the Content folder is copied to the right directory for this specific Unreal Project. 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/560aa418-2d4a-4dea-9a9e-3085.png

2) if the plugin is the latest version CC_Character_Auto_Settings_Unreal_4.22_Beta_2.0

If it still goes wrong, please send us the Unreal project file (via Private Message), or record a short clip to let us see the process. Thanks.

Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (186 reputation)Junior Member (186 reputation)Junior Member (186 reputation)Junior Member (186 reputation)Junior Member (186 reputation)Junior Member (186 reputation)Junior Member (186 reputation)Junior Member (186 reputation)Junior Member (186 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
It seems don't support source engine?
SWGames
SWGames
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)Junior Member (119 reputation)

SWStudio (11.04.2019)

Yep thanks I fixed it, the CC_Shaders folder needs to be in the Content folder directly, but I really try to keep my Content folder as clean as possible.

EDIT: I have a question, will you add scatter textures for the head, so light can shine through ears? Here is what I mean: http://prntscr.com/ncn8gj
Edited
5 Years Ago by SWStudio
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

1552249360 (4/14/2019)
It seems don't support source engine?

Hello,

I'm afraid not.
Since we don't provide the source code along with the plugin, you can only use the official UE to import characters, and bring the characters to your projects in source engine.
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

SWStudio (4/16/2019)

EDIT: I have a question, will you add scatter textures for the head, so light can shine through ears? Here is what I mean: http://prntscr.com/ncn8gj

Yes, both LW Shader & HQ Shader support SSS. Smile

SWGames
SWGames
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Miranda (RL) (17.04.2019)
SWStudio (4/16/2019)

Yes, both LW Shader & HQ Shader support SSS. Smile

Oh nice, so I just need to use the HQ Shader and the scatter will work?
jens_123957
jens_123957
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I am having difficulties getting the plugin to work, After importing the model I have exported from Character Creator and saved all files. I try to run the CC Setup tool, but I get the message box telling me to "please press "Save All" of your project before executing CC setup".
I have done this many times, all data is saved, but the message still shows up.

What does the CC Setup tool actually do anyway, is it necessary to get the character working?

The software I am using
- Windows 10 Build 17763
- Character Creator 3.04.1422.1 Trial
- Unreal Editor 4.22.1-6063286
- CC_Character_Auto_Settings_Unreal_4.22_Beta_2.0 plugin

Reading This Topic