Posted By Miranda (RL) 5 Years Ago
Rated 3 stars based on 2 votes.

Special Notice: CC Unreal Auto-Setup Plugin (Beta 2.0) Process Update

Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi jens_123957,

Can you record a short video to demonstrate the process? 

jens_123957 (5/5/2019)
I am having difficulties getting the plugin to work, After importing the model I have exported from Character Creator and saved all files. I try to run the CC Setup tool, but I get the message box telling me to "please press "Save All" of your project before executing CC setup".
I have done this many times, all data is saved, but the message still shows up.

What does the CC Setup tool actually do anyway, is it necessary to get the character working?

The software I am using
- Windows 10 Build 17763
- Character Creator 3.04.1422.1 Trial
- Unreal Editor 4.22.1-6063286
- CC_Character_Auto_Settings_Unreal_4.22_Beta_2.0 plugin

kmitchell.12catblackstudio...
kmitchell.12catblackstudio...
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Is there a way to override which standard material is used for clothing since that is just a standard material that we cant modify? Like is i put a RL_Cloth in the path is it possible?
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)

kmitchell.12catblackstudios (6/23/2019)
Is there a way to override which standard material is used for clothing since that is just a standard material that we cant modify? Like is i put a RL_Cloth in the path is it possible?

Hi Kevin,

We don't quite understand what you want. May you specify it? Any image or video as references will be appreciated. 

labs
labs
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi - What's the status of the LiveLink plugin?
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

labs (6/29/2019)
Hi - What's the status of the LiveLink plugin?

Hello! LiveLink Plugin will be launched in late July or early Aug.
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Does anyone notice the eyes come in weird, first the right eye will have the proper color and then the left eye will be dark, almost black.

But then, there is this strange shadow over the iris, that you can't get rid of when raytracing.  Just very bizarre, like a black fog.
I have tried numerous ways to resize the iris and pupil scale in the master material with no success, there is always a black foggy circle where the iris should be.
Then, even if you make everything into a solid white color there is still this black foggy iris shadow over the iris for some reason.  I cannot hunt this thing down.

Also, the eyelashes seem to render okay, but the shadow cast by them is weird, it is cast solid....like as if the lashes are solid, without opacity.  
Weird shadowing somehow with the eyes when raytracing.
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Tony, 

Any reference images?
Thanks!

TonyDPrime (7/11/2019)
Does anyone notice the eyes come in weird, first the right eye will have the proper color and then the left eye will be dark, almost black.

But then, there is this strange shadow over the iris, that you can't get rid of when raytracing.  Just very bizarre, like a black fog.
I have tried numerous ways to resize the iris and pupil scale in the master material with no success, there is always a black foggy circle where the iris should be.
Then, even if you make everything into a solid white color there is still this black foggy iris shadow over the iris for some reason.  I cannot hunt this thing down.

Also, the eyelashes seem to render okay, but the shadow cast by them is weird, it is cast solid....like as if the lashes are solid, without opacity.  
Weird shadowing somehow with the eyes when raytracing.

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Miranda (RL) (7/11/2019)
Hi Tony, 

Any reference images?
Thanks!

Hi Miranda!

2 things

1) Dark Left-eye import issue - for some reason the import sets up the wrong eye texture for the Left eye.  So we have -
(a) Std_Eye_L_PBR_LWHQ_Inst
(b) Std_Eye_R_PBR_LWHQ_Inst

Both are the parent materials having sub textures. 
On import, it looks like the Right eye parent material pulls in the correct PBR eye diffuse texture that CC 3.04 had exported out with FBX, it is called "Std_Eye_R_PBR_Diffuse" on import. 
Plugin assigns this to the UE4 Right-eye Sclera and Iris color correctly.

But the Left eye parent material pulls in another map, almost looks like some default CC Texture, called "Std_Eye_R_Diffuse". 
And it looks like a default RL-created CC eye texture of some sort, that has a purple Iris.
And the plugin assigns this map to UE4 Left-eye Sclera and Iris color.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ee78c0b1-41ac-4c0d-b684-636a.jpg

So ultimately it seems both the L and R eye should be inputting whatever L and R eye CC3 had exported out, buyt for some reason Left eye is inputting some default purple eye texture.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/880c3df8-ad99-44eb-b548-e69d.jpg

2) Eye and lashes shadow RTX GI issue-
This occurs whenever you apply Raytracing Global Illumination, in Post Processing. 

RTX GI Off
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/62ca5c27-b5ea-469c-9001-d7d1.jpg

RTX GI On
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6ee34431-de23-4572-9df6-799d.jpg

Now, I would think just lighting scene better would fix, right?
But no, the shadow always remains, essentially continually darkening the eye geometry.  You can flood the scene heavy and you will alwys see these 2 shadows, and the eye looks like it has a giant pupil.  tweaking the scale doesn't help either because its a shadow that is always there. 
Seems like this would be more a "Known Issue" with UE4 sort of thing.

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Miranda, just another thing with this.  GI will allow for those soft shadows in your scene, so you want to have this.
But maybe the eye material itself, meaning the parent, could be tweaked so that it doesn't have to receive those shadows or something.
Perhaps someone at RL could discuss with a contact at Unreal about whether there is, or could be, an option in a material to reduce the effect of GI has on it, as far as shadowing.
Because this may happen not just on the eye and lashes, but also on hair, or wherever transparency is used.  So it could be a larger issue.

This is the avatar with a full point light on, with the scene having raytracing GI enabled.  You can still see the shadow over Iris and lashes.
(BTW - all of these images I had left the defaulted purple Left-eye in, that is why there is a color difference.)
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/087e4c90-5514-4efc-8453-cb53.jpg

Thank you so much, Miranda!!!

EDIT - I can confirm that the shadow on the Iris is coming from the Cornea, because when I change Cornea from Translucent to Masked, and then set the Opacity to "0", which is completely see-through, the Iris and Eye then shows correctly without shadow.
So it is in fact a situation with Translucent materials and GI shadowing the Mesh, not the visual Translucency.  Reminds me of iClone and its Alpha Threshold slider.
Edited
5 Years Ago by TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hey Miranda!
Guess What!!!

UE4 has a 4.23 Preview, and the shadowing issue with Raytraced Global Illumination seems to be fixed.
So, am not getting the shadows on lashes or iris.

Only weird issue I am still yet seeing, but in the engine itself, is that Mirrors don't handle Translucent materials yet, so anything that has Translucent (ie Hair, Cornea, Lashes) gets reflected back as black solid mesh.
Hopefully that gets rectified soon on the Unreal Engine end of things.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/227a5d9e-d27a-4a9f-b6d6-8fe3.png
Edited
5 Years Ago by TonyDPrime

Reading This Topic