Crazy Talk fails to import iClone iAvatar

Posted By Lord Ashes 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Lord Ashes
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I am trying to import an iClone iAvatar file into Crazy Talk via the provided import option but when I try to use this feature it tells me that the "iAvatar" file is not a supported format.
Any issues how to resolve this? I am using iClone 7.3 and (Trial Version) Crazy Talk 8. I need to resolve this for one of my marketplace customers who is trying to use my CC content (converted to iClone) in Crazy Talk.

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 33 minutes ago
It has to do with versions. A CC1.5 character will import into CT8. 
forestkelley
forestkelley
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)Veteran Member (956 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I'm having the same issue. I'm new to Reallusion but I created a CC1 character (CC1 Base_Substance) in iClone. I made no changes to the character, then exported the iAvatar, but I get the same error. It won't import. What is wrong? How can I make sure my iClone iAvatar export will work? 

I have Crazytalk 8 Pipeline.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 17 minutes ago
forestkelley (1/21/2019)
I'm having the same issue. I'm new to Reallusion but I created a CC1 character (CC1 Base_Substance) in iClone. I made no changes to the character, then exported the iAvatar, but I get the same error. It won't import. What is wrong? How can I make sure my iClone iAvatar export will work? 

I have Crazytalk 8 Pipeline.

Unfortunately, the problem is the file formats used in Character Creator 3 and iClone 7 are not compatible with CrazyTalk 8. 

If you have Character Creator 2 you can install this alongside CC3 and this will allow you to export characters in CC 1.5 / iClone 6.5 format which are compatible with CrazyTalk 8.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Apollonius
Apollonius
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Buying the pipeline edition of CT8 is a total waste of money for me, until this issue is resolved.
Further, exporting heads from CT8 to either iClone or CC3 doesn't work, either.
Why should I buy the pipeline edition? I won't be able to use it.
One last thing, why should I have to buy CC2 when I already own CC3? That is ridiculous.
ALL of this is a big mess...
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Apollonius (1/23/2019)
Buying the pipeline edition of CT8 is a total waste of money for me, until this issue is resolved.
Further, exporting heads from CT8 to either iClone or CC3 doesn't work, either.
Why should I buy the pipeline edition? I won't be able to use it.
One last thing, why should I have to buy CC2 when I already own CC3? That is ridiculous.
ALL of this is a big mess...

Hi...

Exporting CrazyTalk 8 heads to Character Creator 3 (and iClone) does indeed work. You just need to load a CC1 Base Character in Character Creator 3 first, then you can apply the CT8 head to it. Once the CT8 Head is applied, you can then convert the CC1 character to a CC3 character if you wish and send it to iClone 7.

Also, you do not need to purchase Character Creator 2. CC2 was available FREE with iClone 6 Pro or iClone 7.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Apollonius
Apollonius
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Yes, that is the reason why I went ahead and got the pipeline edition of CT8. ...Grudgingly. I do not own iCLone 6, I once had the demo and it came with CC1.4, I believe.

I own CT8, and CC3.

While I can still get around the limitation (gratefully), the ease and convenience of the pipeline editions, which makes up most of the reason why people pay that cost, is severely lessened by the fact that you cannot import directly from one to the other. CT8 will only let you import iAvatars that are based on very limited CC1 characters, and the "send directly to CC3" pipeline that I paid for is broken. That functionality is why it's called a "pipeline edition". Without it, what you're left with is simply an "export edition".

PLEASE update CT8 so that it can use new characters!

I will more than likely purchase iClone 7 when this is the case, but not before.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Apollonius (1/24/2019)
and the "send directly to CC3" pipeline that I paid for is broken. That functionality is why it's called a "pipeline edition". Without it, what you're left with is simply an "export edition".

While you are correct that the CrazyTalk 8 option to "Send Head to Character Creator" doesn't work with Character Creator 3, you can just choose the "Export RLHead" option instead. While not quite as convenient as the former option, it really only adds a few seconds to the pipeline process so the overall feature isn't really "broken" as you say.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Apollonius
Apollonius
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Why even call it a "pipeline"?
That means the fastest, most direct route. That's the idea that you use to sell your software. That's why people get upset when that function is broken/doesn't work, however you want to phrase that.
My intent is not to sit here and argue about semantics, my intent is to beg Reallusion once again to PLEASE make their pipeline useable for me again, and catch up CT8 with CC3.
I cannot change the body of any characters that I make in CT8. I can use the heads from CT8 in CC3 in a manner of speaking, but I cannot take those changes back into CT8, at all, period.
CC3 only exports as CC3 iAvatars, no matter what base you use, so there's no backwards compatibility there, at all.
Those things are ALL supposed to be made possible by the "pipeline" system.
The end result is lost functionality for me, and tons of frustration, even after spending hundreds of dollars. Nothing works with anything else except for dragging and dropping RLheads, and even that results in heads that MUST be skins only after they are converted to CC3 characters, because they are all "missing slider information", and cannot be used to contain morph data any longer. Is that a rule, or did I do that wrong? I have since tried again, and gotten the same result. You can convert a morphed CC1 character to CC3, but if you save that head to be used by other characters, the morph data is lost. I just keep finding things that don't work like they are supposed to...
Don't get me wrong, I still love using both programs that I own currently, but the really exciting part was the cross-functionality, and that only exists by a thread these days, however you want to look at that.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Apollonius
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you for the feedback. I do understand the frustration you feel over this issue. For sure using workarounds is not ideal.

Unfortunately, at this time CrazyTalk 8 is no longer receiving further updates so there are no plans to make it fully compatible with iClone 7/CC3. However, I will pass on your feedback for the development team to review. If I have any further news to share about this issue I will update again to let you know.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic