Profile Picture

Profile.ini Generator / Map Collector in DAZ Store?

Posted By FastKatt 6 Years Ago
Rated 1 star based on 1 vote.
Author
Kiwi-Hawk
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Kia ora

When your right @Kellyrtoons your right, for some reason Daz is NOT skinning the clothing so it's not being seen correctly
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
I wish I had that outfit so I could test it for you.  Perhaps next month (I've bought enough for this one, unfortunately).

You might want to try with a different, older one where I *can* be of more help and revisit this one later.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kiwi-Hawk
Kiwi-Hawk
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Kia ora

I have a similar issue with the Goldberry Gen-3 outfit, for some reason Daz does NOT seem to be skinning the clothing and holding the pose at export, the clothing has no skin modifier on them when I look in Max

BTW speaking of Gen-3, do I need apply the pose to them or is the Gen-3 T pose OK
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

The Goldberry outfit works fine for me -- the two "jewels" (one at the bodice and the other at the back) aren't bound properly, but it's easy to fix (you just position them correctly and apply transfer weights and all is well).  Oh, and I DO apply the T-pose as it only takes a moment and does adjust the legs better.

You're telling me when you bring it into CC3 it won't pose properly?  That's odd -- it might be how you are exporting (make sure you have "Merge Clothing" checkmarked).  Perhaps you could share a screenshot of what it looks like when you import into CC3:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/425a78fd-8a5f-4f88-b3ad-232f.png

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
6 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
Kiwi-Hawk
Kiwi-Hawk
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kia ora

Could this be because I most times (out of habbit I guess) load a character rather than the default Genisis body?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

No, I've imported MANY characters with clothing in.  And, indeed, I imported the one you used.  Something odd is going on -- if you could capture a video showing your workflow that would be helpful.  Otherwise we could try some sort of screen sharing process if we can match up the times (I'm here in the US on EST, but I do stay up late and get up early).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kiwi-Hawk
Kiwi-Hawk
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kia ora

Hopefuly this is not to painful for you guys I did a mind breaking video. I did not how ever export the model on video because you'd die of ole age waiting, it was long enough waiting for CC3
(if I had  a clue i'd have openend it and mimimized it)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ffxln6pveo8mdfm/2018-11-08%2017-34-56.mp4?dl=0

Oh BTW I'm +12 hours GMT in New Zealand
Edited
6 Years Ago by Kiwi-Hawk
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Unfortunately, you don't show the part I really need to see, which is how you actually load the outfit, sandals and hair in Daz.  I suspect that's where you're going wrong -- it doesn't look like you have the hair and sandals attached properly (we should see those in the rollout and we don't).

My guess is you are not selecting the base character for each load of the item -- you need to redo this each time unless you simply click a "one-click outfit" sort of Daz clothing.  So it goes like this -- in Daz, in that project scene tab, you select the Gen 8 figure.  Then you go over and click a clothing item.  Then you select the figure base again, and select the next one.

I can make my own video for you to see how this works but you'll need to tell me what sandals you are using, and what hair.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kiwi-Hawk
Kiwi-Hawk
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kia ora

I this case I selected the Outfit as a whole to do both apply it and to add the iRay materials, for some reason the gems and beeds go white when I use MDL mats
with this outfit, it's the AK teardrop hair I used with the circlet/head piece
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic