Profile Picture

Profile.ini Generator / Map Collector in DAZ Store?

Posted By FastKatt 6 Years Ago
Rated 1 star based on 1 vote.
Author
jkwenstad
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I am not a blender user either...  I think if there was an option to do it within Daz or CC3 would be best.  I'm not really sure how much money you would be making on the plug-in and like Kellytoons…  the idea of everyone using your plug-in and the notoriety is probably worth more than making a couple of hundred dollars, don't you think.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
CC3 now pretty much does this -- it's not perfect, but it's damn close so there's not much need even to run my plugin anymore (I still do but that's just me).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kiwi-Hawk
Kiwi-Hawk
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Kia ora

I'm noticing some changes since they updated and it's not good from what I see

I had no problems with the first imports but now after the up date only two choice's and everything is bound to the wrong bone(s)

@Kellytoons  BTW I have not managed to find the download link to you profile creator as ya to se if that helps
Edited
6 Years Ago by Kiwi-Hawk
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

You have a weird setup there -- it looks (at least at first glance) that you are trying to apply Transformer to a CC1 character, which it is not designed to do (it's for Genesis and Hivewire characters).  That would explain the errors you are getting.  Or perhaps I just don't understand what it is you have setup there.

Let me know what character you are trying to import and what outfits and I'll see what I can do (no sense trying my routine if we can't get you at least straightened out here).

Edit: I think you're trying the Wild Wind Outfit for Gen 8, an outfit so new even *I* don't have it (I usually wait until things go on sale, or at least a few weeks after they are out).  But I'd still like to know what character you are trying this with and I can try her with another outfit to see what's going on.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
6 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
Kiwi-Hawk
Kiwi-Hawk
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Kia ora

I'm sorry BUT I'm just not getting this at all, following the instaructions to the letter

From this in Daz:

To this in CC3:

I movered the legging forward to be PC correct, so they are not where they imported to and the skirt just did not make it at all.
Kiwi-Hawk
Kiwi-Hawk
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kia ora

@Kellytoons  Ellandra is the base Gen 8 female with Luthril as the character form and your right Wild Winds Outfit

Opps oh and to be clear I open CC3 and click transform and do NOT save the base character which is trhe CC3 starter character that loads
Edited
6 Years Ago by Kiwi-Hawk
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 16 hours ago
In DAZ you do not have Merge Clothing into Figure Skeleton selected, so the clothing will not move with the body.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Kiwi-Hawk
Kiwi-Hawk
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kia ora

Thank you Animagic I missed that, I went back to the video and he did not mention that so I missed it, trying again
Kiwi-Hawk
Kiwi-Hawk
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kia ora

It seems that in this case where Daz loads items parented to other items and not the character, eg the skirt was parented to the leggings so it layed above and the bag parented to the belt for the same reason, they get dropped when Daz exports them and are NOT exported.  Tho that does not explain the lack of options limiting it to a choice of hair or Accessory in the drop down

Edit:

I'm not sure if this is correct or not but I exported a copy as an A (default Gen-8 pose) and loaded it into 3D Max and I se there no skining on the clothing so Dac 3D is not skinning this outfit it would seem
Edited
6 Years Ago by Kiwi-Hawk
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yeah, as Ani mentions your problem is in Daz, not CC3.

When you load in separate items from an outfit (as opposed to loading the entire outfit all at once) you MUST always have the base figure selected first.  Daz won't correctly either skin or otherwise parent those items, and CC3 has no way of adjusting.  Since I don't have this particular outfit I cannot try it for you, but I'm sure CC3 will work correctly when you get it correct in Daz.

For that outfit there ought to be a "load outfit" option -- I've never seen a Daz one that didn't have that.  With the base figure in Daz selected, use THAT instead and import into CC3 and all should be well.  Otherwise you'll need to try a different outfit that I might have in order to help you (as I said, I have nearly everything about a month after it's released -- so something from a month ago would be fine).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic