Profile Picture

Can someone explain these feature differences between stand alone CC 3 and IClone Plugin for CC3

Posted By Data Juggler 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Can someone explain these feature differences between stand alone CC 3...

Author
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Going over the feature list here:

https://www.reallusion.com/iclone/3d-character.html#edition-comparison

The only features that you have to have stand alone CC3 are:
FBX (Daz & Hivewire Character Proprietary, Morph, Assets)
I don't use Daz or even know what Hivewire is, so I can live without this export format.

GoZ
I don't know what this is.

Clothes Auto Skinning
What's does this mean?

Cloth Skin Weight Editing
Another new term for the day. 

And all 3 under 
LOD Generation *Powered by InstaLOD Polygon Optimization
Polygon Optimization
Remeshing
Material Merging (I think the Sherlock Holmes in me can figure this one out).

Thanks, I was about to purchase the preorder, but I am leaning towards thinking I don't need the stand alone version for my needs.

I hate the feeling of not having something, so convince me of some reason I should buy the stand alone I can't think of.

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

akuei2
This post has been flagged as an answer
akuei2
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Data Juggler (9/26/2018)
Going over the feature list here:

https://www.reallusion.com/iclone/3d-character.html#edition-comparison

The only features that you have to have stand alone CC3 are:
FBX (Daz & Hivewire Character Proprietary, Morph, Assets)
I don't use Daz or even know what Hivewire is, so I can live without this export format.

GoZ
I don't know what this is.

Clothes Auto Skinning
What's does this mean?

Cloth Skin Weight Editing
Another new term for the day. 

And all 3 under 
LOD Generation *Powered by InstaLOD Polygon Optimization
Polygon Optimization
Remeshing
Material Merging (I think the Sherlock Holmes in me can figure this one out).

Thanks, I was about to purchase the preorder, but I am leaning towards thinking I don't need the stand alone version for my needs.

I hate the feeling of not having something, so convince me of some reason I should buy the stand alone I can't think of.

1.Daz & Hivewire is content store, both had own product. 
2.GoZ is Zbrush bridge ( 3D Sculpting tool )
3.Auto Skin is weight transfer automatic..
4.Same as 3 but you can adjust weight by manual.
5,6. LOD - Mean, the unit "reduce polygon count but remain 3d mesh quality (detail)".
7. Remeshing approx. retopology.

If you dunno anything, please learn anything at start.
Edited
6 Years Ago by akuei2
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Do you have a need to 'export' characters? Without CC3 Pipeline, you'd need the 'Pipeline' version of 3DXChange to export characters as .fbx
Whereas you can directly export .fbx characters out of CC3 Pipeline (handy - if say, you only owned 3DXChange 'Pro') ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

I just recently upgraded to 3DXchange Pipeline because I wanted to possibly sell some clothing; most of the clothes I have seen for sale are not very fashionable.

I have always wanted to design shirts and never had the tools until IClone, or a model that will wear anything I make them. Once I learned about UV Maps, the coke can was easy and I made a few shirts just playing around so I don't have to buy clothes every time my character needs a new look.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/77cfcc87-c43d-4456-8946-5d41.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ee331c80-4602-4145-9c02-802a.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9f387f38-3327-45eb-bfdc-972e.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/862e69fe-2e42-4057-a8f2-8c59.png

Since I don't use any other 3D Software, IClone plug is probably all I need.

PixelDatabase.Net

Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for all the answers akuei2. 

As for the 'If you dunno anything, please learn anything at start.'

I am at Start, or just a move or two past it. 

PixelDatabase.Net

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

The wanting to import your own clothing is a very big reason to get CC3 Pipeline. It allows for static clothing models that you make or find for free to be rigged to your character.

It also allows the converting of those DAZ characters that you mentioned. DAZ characters, clothing, and hair can be easily brought into CC3P. The amount of content available, and freely available, is staggering. You can get thousands of clothing items for free by using DAZ!
brent_114049
brent_114049
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
sonic7 (9/26/2018)

Without CC3 Pipeline, you'd need the 'Pipeline' version of 3DXChange to export characters as .fbx
Whereas you can directly export .fbx characters out of CC3 Pipeline (handy - if say, you only owned 3DXChange 'Pro') ....

So, does this mean we can animate a character in iClone and then export that character, with those animations embedded, as FBX from CC3?  If that is the case, then to me this is a huge reason to get CC3 Pipeline - it saves you hundreds of dollars you'd otherwise have to spend on the 3DXChange Pipeline.  I'm not sure if this is possible though, can anyone confirm?  And if so, what reason would one have to get 3DXChange Pipeline at this point?  What can that "pipeline" do that the CC3 pipeline can't?  Sorry, if this is an easy one but there are so many versions and a lot to learn for newcomers...
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
brent_114049 (9/29/2018)

So, does this mean we can animate a character in iClone and then export that character, with those animations embedded, as FBX from CC3?  If that is the case, then to me this is a huge reason to get CC3 Pipeline - it saves you hundreds of dollars you'd otherwise have to spend on the 3DXChange Pipeline.  I'm not sure if this is possible though, can anyone confirm?  And if so, what reason would one have to get 3DXChange Pipeline at this point?  What can that "pipeline" do that the CC3 pipeline can't?  Sorry, if this is an easy one but there are so many versions and a lot to learn for newcomers...

Character Creator 3 Pipeline will allow you to export saved iClone animations with your CC3 character in FBX format.

If you only plan to work with CC characters you created or imported from Daz or Hivewire,  then you won't really have a need to 3DXchange 7 Pipeline. However if you also want to export older generation iClone characters (G1 to G6), or export other non-standard characters then you will still 3DXchange 7 Pipeline to be able to import and export them.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Brick Loko
Brick Loko
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (985 reputation)Veteran Member (985 reputation)Veteran Member (985 reputation)Veteran Member (985 reputation)Veteran Member (985 reputation)Veteran Member (985 reputation)Veteran Member (985 reputation)Veteran Member (985 reputation)Veteran Member (985 reputation)

Hi Peter,

Sorry if I misunderstood your comment, 
but you mean that we can export the FBX CC3 animations from CC3 Pipeline done in IC7, without 3DX Pipeline?
If so, could you inform when we can find this workflow?

Character Creator 3 Pipeline will allow you to export saved iClone animations with your CC3 character in FBX format

Thanks

brent_114049
brent_114049
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)Veteran Member (619 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (9/29/2018)
Character Creator 3 Pipeline will allow you to export saved iClone animations with your CC3 character in FBX format.

If you only plan to work with CC characters you created or imported from Daz or Hivewire,  then you won't really have a need to 3DXchange 7 Pipeline. However if you also want to export older generation iClone characters (G1 to G6), or export other non-standard characters then you will still 3DXchange 7 Pipeline to be able to import and export them.

Thanks Peter! That makes sense and is exactly what I was looking for.  However, I had one more realization last night as I was trying to figure this out. I only care about character creation right now but may also want to create other things with iClone in the future. It appears that perhaps CC3 can only export characters and things directly related to characters (like their clothes and animations) to FBX. If I might also want to create, say, a room with a floor and four walls for use in my unity game, i.e. as an FBX export,  I WOULD need to be able to export that from iClone using 3DXchange 7 Pipeline. So, it seems CC3 can be a replacement for the limited original case of characters/animations but it isn't a universal 3DXchange 7 Pipeline replacement. E.g. I created a room in Character Creator, selected it, and tried to export to FBX using "File > Export > Selected Content" and I can do it but the only allowed format seems to be as a prop (an *.iProp file).  If I need that as an FBX I assume we need 3DXchange 7 Pipeline...  can anyone confirm?

Reading This Topic