NetFlix Requirements

Posted By wildstar 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Author
benhairston
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (981 reputation)Veteran Member (981 reputation)Veteran Member (981 reputation)Veteran Member (981 reputation)Veteran Member (981 reputation)Veteran Member (981 reputation)Veteran Member (981 reputation)Veteran Member (981 reputation)Veteran Member (981 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 days ago
Wildstar, what's the asset conversion process like for Unity? I tried using Unreal for a bit, but it was pretty laborious to get things converted properly. Seems like Unity has improved greatly since I last looked at it...

I'm with you 100% on 32 bit colorspace. I want to be able to stay in linear colorspace from import all the way to final render. 

Intel Core i7-13700F - 32GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 TI. Iclone 8, Character Creator 4, Blender, Davinci Resolve studio, Fusion studio

wildstar
wildstar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
unity supports Fbx. and today has a very clever way of dealing with fbx variations that exists. how to import? drag and drop Smile. another thing that made me use unity instead of unreal. is the fact that the user can choose between uv0 and uv1. if you try to make a light bake using a scenario made for DAZ for example you will have many problems with light bake within the unreal, which does not happen in unity.
and today there are 3 things that made me fall in love with unity. the pre - computed GI. (just do light bake if I really need) the cinemachine and 32 bit color space for render Smile and i am not talking about the post processing stack ( is wonderfull )

wildstar
wildstar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

TonyDPrime (5/28/2018)
Hmmm...looking at what people have accomplished with Daz and iClone to Unity.  The models in Unity look pretty bad actually. 
Maybe there is a high render speed, but unless you are going some toonish route, I would say, strictly as a cinematic renderer, it may not be worth it, unless you are willing to take the visual hit. 
I am finding Unreal is not all its cracked up to be with standard models either.  (Siren is a very complex mesh-model, so that is a different story, as she is a mega complex mesh-scape...)
But I'm talking your top Daz G3 or G8 Daz model....they look flat in Unity, somewhat better in Unreal.....
My opinion.  or as we say in Deutsche, MEIN OPINIONSHERTZPILLECHTER.

wildstar
wildstar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

iam not using HD render pipeline in my projects cause is in "preview" and i find some bugs using it for render frames with post processing stack v2 

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
wildstar (5/28/2018)
TonyDPrime (5/28/2018)
Hmmm...looking at what people have accomplished with Daz and iClone to Unity.  The models in Unity look pretty bad actually. 
Maybe there is a high render speed, but unless you are going some toonish route, I would say, strictly as a cinematic renderer, it may not be worth it, unless you are willing to take the visual hit. 
I am finding Unreal is not all its cracked up to be with standard models either.  (Siren is a very complex mesh-model, so that is a different story, as she is a mega complex mesh-scape...)
But I'm talking your top Daz G3 or G8 Daz model....they look flat in Unity, somewhat better in Unreal.....

Yeah, it looks cool...but what don't they show.  They show a human hand, and then rock-tree guy.  I want to see an imported Daz model or iClone figure in that trailer, head on, looking awesome like the rest of it!  
I mean, I could post UE4's Siren right back and say, "Look how awesome!...".  But that means nothing...
I am talking about Daz and iClone models in UE4 and Unity.  iClone avatars moved to UE4 or Unity look like garbage compared to what the engines do with environments.  And I agree, the lighting looks amazing.
But I think it's a limit yet of our theoretic workflow....the iClonian avatars....Unless they are hyper super complex, they look bad. 
I think Daz and iClone actually have shown they do a much better job with them, probably because they are native to them (Daz and CC2 avatars).  
wildstar
wildstar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

TonyDPrime (5/28/2018)
wildstar (5/28/2018)
TonyDPrime (5/28/2018)

Yeah, it looks cool...but what don't they show.  They show a human hand, and then rock-tree guy.  I want to see an imported Daz model or iClone figure in that trailer, head on, looking awesome like the rest of it!  
I mean, I could post UE4's Siren right back and say, "Look how awesome!...".  But that means nothing...
I am talking about Daz and iClone models in UE4 and Unity.  iClone avatars moved to UE4 or Unity look like garbage compared to what the engines do with environments.  And I agree, the lighting looks amazing.
But I think it's a limit yet of our theoretic workflow....the iClonian avatars....Unless they are hyper super complex, they look bad. 
I think Daz and iClone actually have shown they do a much better job with them, probably because they are native to them (Daz and CC2 avatars).  

you're totally wrong and I'm going to say why.
there is nothing wrong with the characters made in daz genesis or in the iclone character creator (in the case of the iclone character creator as I already mentioned here the body's unwrap uv was very poorly done, but I outlined this by painting a new texture map in 4k using the same genesis 8 textures  on character creator bases)
using and testing all those engines with iclone or genesis characters. I see that in the iclone the textures get worse. you need to use a texture in 4k to make it acceptable, while in unity for example in 1024 it is already very interesting. the problem is that people test for unity and they think it's bad because in default it really has the quality set to get really poor. to a series of things that need to be done when you want to work with quality in unity. changing the color space from gamma to linear is one of them. among several other things. Want a character with good looks in Unity? What about SSS in real time? apparently all engines today have SSS in real time and the realusion that make us think that SSS is only possible by Iray. I'm finishing 5 minutes of animation fully rendered by Unity. and I'm using CC bases, as I use in any of my projects. and I can tell you that the details and the quality are well superior to the iclone or toolbag 3 or even the realtime viewport of c4d (engines that I had been considering until then for my project)
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Hear that, iClone?  Unity is going to Bury you....
Bury you in its GPU real-time Ray Tracing Lightmapper!

But, I'm just playing. I am not picking on Unity, I'm including UE4 too, which I have been using a lot lately. 
I want to see better results in Unreal at this point, I just think it looks worse than Daz Iray raytrace, for example.  And it doesn't really come close, to be honest.
wildstar
wildstar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

TonyDPrime (5/28/2018)
Hear that, iClone?  Unity is going to Bury you....
Bury you in its GPU real-time Ray Tracing Lightmapper!

But, I'm just playing. I am not picking on Unity, I'm including UE4 too, which I have been using a lot lately. 
I want to see better results in Unreal at this point, I just think it looks worse than Daz Iray raytrace, for example.  And it doesn't really come close, to be honest.

will not enumerate all the points and motives. which make unity more viable to render really professional works. I already tired of talking about it all in this forum. I really would not want to have to export all my work done in iclone to an engine that "theoretically" should have the same quality because it uses IBL + PBR. As I said here before. render "features" are not enough for anyone who really wants to work professionally with animation. Reallusion has not understood that yet. I think you have already understood.

wildstar
wildstar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Does your girl have mustaches?
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

wildstar (5/28/2018)
Does your girl have mustaches?

YES.  And that is the beauty of what you can do in iClone....grit... 
This is exactly what I'm saying, Wildstar, you can get this from iClone, and of course Daz, with the avatars - realism.
in UE4, it's a bit platic-y.   Like, the render you made in Octane, they look plastic-y toonish.  And believe me, I love it.  And I know Unity can replicate that look.
I mean, have you seen a Daz model that looks good in Unity or UE4?  probably not, right? 
If you did, you would have sent me the link/vid/pic, LOL!....
Because, from iClone, in Unity/Unreal they they look like, well, what they are - game characters.

So, color space or not, Netflix qualifications or not, I just haven't seen anything look Dazzish, or iClonish even, from UE4 and Unity...when it comes to iClonian avatars.
Maybe Netflix wouldn't accept a format that iClone can produce.  But...that format, as far as Unity goes, will only give you plasticy characters, from iClone.
Not fresh lively ones, with all their brilliant humanity intact.

By the way, nice going...
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a539e828-e5e5-45a5-9853-e9a4.jpg

Reading This Topic