NetFlix Requirements

Posted By wildstar 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Author
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Okay...so I talked it over with this avatar. 
And surprisingly, she told me that she wants me to try and render her outside of iClone.
So, I said fine, I'll put you in UE4 and we'll make you look great in there.

But she said, she wants not just that...
She wants to be rendered in...
UNITY 18.1!

So!...I'm going to render her in Unreal, and Unity, in addition to iClone.
That's right....she wants a 3-way!!!  
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd8f3a59-4ba7-4816-8062-2712.jpg

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
#justsayin...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b05ce502-6211-4247-b28f-351a.png

sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
@Tony .... >>> ".... So!...I'm going to render her in Unreal, and Unity, in addition to iClone.... " <<<
Well that sure will be very interesting .... A direct comparison !
(Don't forget to 'log' the *render times* too Tony)  Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

sonic7 (5/29/2018)

@Tony .... >>> ".... So!...I'm going to render her in Unreal, and Unity, in addition to iClone.... " <<<
Well that sure will be very interesting .... A direct comparison !
(Don't forget to 'log' the *render times* too Tony)  Smile

I actually will have to log the frustration time with doing a scene.  Unity has a new Shader Graph, which is a scaled down version of Unreal Engine, I like this.
But what sux is every export I do from iClone to Unity fails to export textures, for some reason.  No idea why.
But then, you can't modify a texture after importing in...What?....Like, it's locked into the FBX, so guess what....you have to recreate the material anway!....YEY!!!!!
What is this Alembic style workflow....
A lot of work to achieve a toon.  Which is what I AM FIGURING OUT.
You want real, you have to BUY FROM UNITY ASSET STORE...THEN YOU HAVE GOOD.
They are made by Maya Masters...But, do I look like a Maya Master?!  I can't even design in CC, let alone use the Curve Editor...Oh..Forget it, I have NO IDEA.
Okay, but from iClone...I-CLONE- if you bring in your own character - FROM I-CLONE - get ready for that Barbie-thing Planetstardragon showed.
(BTW - that is a great character, I want that morph in CC.)  
This Netflix-Unity-Powerhouse better be worth it.  I am going to show this thing no mercy!....    
NO MERCY!  Angry

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I think the one thing everyone can agree on is that iClone's has a weaker production spec output. 
And, the answer to iClone's weaker production spec output is a Stronger iClone Production Spec Output....(specs like Wildstar has been talking about).

45thdiv
45thdiv
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
This is an interesting thread to follow.  I appreciate the links to the Amazon and Netflix requirements.

Matthew

PC stats:
Intel Core i7-5930K Processor (6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked to 3.9 GHz with Turbo Boost)

Windows 10
Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics, 8GB
Memory - 16GB Quad Channel  DDR4 at 2133MHz
DirectX - 12

256GB SSD 6Gb/s main HD + 4TB 6kRPM SATA 6Gb/s Storage

yoyomaster
yoyomaster
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Interesting thread indeed, my two cents!
I have been eyeballing Netflix for sometime now, I even contacted a company that deals with them, the criteria are not as tight as one might think, this said, you need decent output.

As for Eevee, it has been in development for over 2 years now, and with the current code quest, Blender 2.8 should be in beta in July, the Blender Institute just switched to 2.8 for their current animated short, Eevee supports 8 and 16 bits output, SSS, IBL lights, DOF, volumetrics, including smoke and fire, and much more, not to mention the new Fracture modifier and Mantaflow, which should be included in it, and the list goes on, not to mention that it is 100% free and that it has a HUGE community and hundreds of free tutorials!

Iclone + Blender 2.8(Eevee) would be a good match IMHO!
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

YoYoMaster made me think about this...
I wonder if some of the hold off on updating iClone's PBR has to do with them implementing Iray.  For example, it would be a big mess if they tweaked iClone's PBR, but then it did not translate well over to Iray...it would screw their marketing of automatic conversion.
Things like volumetrics and SSS might be held back, in theory, until Iray is up and running and they have a beat on what could get ported over automatically, or how to shunt what shouldn't get ported over to the Iray renderer. 

@YoYoMaster, or anyone Blender-familiar - what is the material conversion process going to blender from iClone like, smooth and easy...or rocky and painful?

Also, anyone - is iClone's output 8-bit right now, as in, anyone know what exactly is the iClone output spec?

yoyomaster
yoyomaster
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
TonyDPrime (5/29/2018)
@YoYoMaster, or anyone Blender-familiar - what is the material conversion process going to blender from iClone like, smooth and easy...or rocky and painful?

Blender has a Disney shader(Principled Shader), which is pure PBR, the same shader used by Eevee, I did some tests and it went very smoothly, if the texture files are named properly, you can even automate the process, at least for the most part!

Edited
6 Years Ago by yoyomaster
illusionLAB
illusionLAB
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
If they commission a series the spec is a negotiation point.  If they license a series, they get what they get.  Ultimately it's "content" they are interested in... 3D animation is trickier than 2D... we all love South Park - which was actually originally animated with Maya... the simplicity of the style is deliberate and not a limitation of the chosen platform.  3D animation is a trickier medium as things like aliasing, moire, flickering and colour banding are pretty much universally seen as "technical limitations" - and let's face it... aspiring to meet "minimum standards" is not really the best way to approach a project.  Ultimately, you are creating a visual story... but then so is your competition.  How about this analogy... a builder said to me yesterday "when I build a wood fence I use 6 inch posts instead of 4 inch... digging the holes costs the same - so, a few extra bucks for a way stronger fence!".  If you're going to put 100 hours into animating your story... then surely it's worth 100 hours rendering time?

Reading This Topic