NetFlix Requirements

Posted By wildstar 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Famekrafts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Well Blender 2.8 is coming with real-time engine. That will really help and hopefully, I can use iclone and blender both for rendering in real time.

https://code.blender.org/2018/03/blender-2-8-highlights/

https://code.blender.org/2018/03/eevee-f-a-q/

CTA5, Iclone 7, 3D Exchange Pro, Character Creator 3, Popcornfx plugin, Zbrush, Blender, Vue 2014, Adobe cc suite, Spriter
Homebuild Workstation (Pretty old now but still working great) Win 10, Intel i7 950, 24 GB RAM DDR3, Gigabyte x58a-ud7 motherboard, AMD R9 390 sapphire 8GB VRAM.
Official Website  Reallusion Store  

raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Ooking at the evee test the only thing i truly envy from that engine is that it is 95% flicker free, RL really needs to fix flicker in iclone, because under certain circumstances flicker is a real pain, iclone needs a more consistent calculation of light and shadows because the difference between one frame and the next is sometimes too much, sometimes flicker occurs with normal lighting not gi. And settings such as supersampling Just don't do the job. Flickering needs to be addressed asap
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
On the Eevee "Indoor" scene... can one of our resident "DOF Experts" comment on the DOF there?  I'm not that "sensitive" to it yet, but I noticed the close-up napkins were out of focus and the flowers were not (T=0:18), so I was wondering how it fares on the "quality assessment."

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Famekrafts
Famekrafts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

justaviking (5/27/2018)
On the Eevee "Indoor" scene... can one of our resident "DOF Experts" comment on the DOF there?  I'm not that "sensitive" to it yet, but I noticed the close-up napkins were out of focus and the flowers were not (T=0:18), so I was wondering how it fares on the "quality assessment."

I am no expert on DOF and I am not going to comment on how it was calculated, not to mention 2.8 is not released yet and I find the build version very buggy. The thing is all the video above doesn't look like they were done in iclone which is the key. they are looking professional overall.

CTA5, Iclone 7, 3D Exchange Pro, Character Creator 3, Popcornfx plugin, Zbrush, Blender, Vue 2014, Adobe cc suite, Spriter
Homebuild Workstation (Pretty old now but still working great) Win 10, Intel i7 950, 24 GB RAM DDR3, Gigabyte x58a-ud7 motherboard, AMD R9 390 sapphire 8GB VRAM.

Famekrafts
Famekrafts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

raxel_67 (5/26/2018)
Ooking at the evee test the only thing i truly envy from that engine is that it is 95% flicker free, RL really needs to fix flicker in iclone, because under certain circumstances flicker is a real pain, iclone needs a more consistent calculation of light and shadows because the difference between one frame and the next is sometimes too much, sometimes flicker occurs with normal lighting not gi. And settings such as supersampling Just don't do the job. Flickering needs to be addressed asap

Agree with you. Blender has a seed button in render panel. It can take randomly reduce noise for each frame thus reducing overall flicker in the animation.

benhairston
benhairston
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (981 reputation)Veteran Member (981 reputation)Veteran Member (981 reputation)Veteran Member (981 reputation)Veteran Member (981 reputation)Veteran Member (981 reputation)Veteran Member (981 reputation)Veteran Member (981 reputation)Veteran Member (981 reputation)

Last Active: 10 days ago
2.8 does look extremely promising, to the point where I could see doing all the animation in Iclone since I'm more familiar with those tools, and exporting to blender as a finishing tool. I've been circling Blender for ages, but looks like this is the time to dive in and investigate.
  Still early in development, so I think it's too soon to comment on the DOF question until it's stable enough for production. Still looks better than Iclone though...

Intel Core i7-13700F - 32GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 TI. Iclone 8, Character Creator 4, Blender, Davinci Resolve studio, Fusion studio

Famekrafts
Famekrafts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

benhairston (5/27/2018)
2.8 does look extremely promising, to the point where I could see doing all the animation in Iclone since I'm more familiar with those tools, and exporting to blender as a finishing tool. I've been circling Blender for ages, but looks like this is the time to dive in and investigate.
  Still early in development, so I think it's too soon to comment on the DOF question until it's stable enough for production. Still looks better than Iclone though...

My only issue with Blender was the rendering time, a good quality composited scene, especially with render layers frames, used to take one hour per frame. With Eevee that is going to change, I anyways use Blender for the modeling.

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Looking at this I see what already exists in Unreal Engine as far as graphics go.   (which can make us hopeful that the 'tech' will come natively to iClone one day too....)
But, I am thinking where an iCloner will like the Blender route better, is that you can probably import cameras from iClone to Blender.
...in Unreal, you have no ability to do this (import camera) and it kills some of the productivity element of UE4, as nice as it is Crying.  

@Wildstar - does Unity allow importing camera in an easy way, or is it AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
Edited
6 Years Ago by TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hmmm...looking at what people have accomplished with Daz and iClone to Unity.  The models in Unity look pretty bad actually. 
Maybe there is a high render speed, but unless you are going some toonish route, I would say, strictly as a cinematic renderer, it may not be worth it, unless you are willing to take the visual hit. 
I am finding Unreal is not all its cracked up to be with standard models either.  (Siren is a very complex mesh-model, so that is a different story, as she is a mega complex mesh-scape...)
But I'm talking your top Daz G3 or G8 Daz model....they look flat in Unity, somewhat better in Unreal.....
My opinion.  or as we say in Deutsche, MEIN OPINIONSHERTZPILLECHTER.
wildstar
wildstar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
One of the important points in this post is: 32 bits color space. no one realtime solution i tested offer 32 bit color space ( toolbag 3 , unreal included ) i dont know about eevee. but using a realtime engine released now,in place to use a engine  with  10 + years old experience like unity or unreal is not much smart in my opnion, i am tired with "betas" tests or whatever. about DOF. any realtime solution on market today have better DOF than iclone ( sad but true ) C4D R19 Realtime viewport have better quality on supersampling and dof masks than iclone.
toolbag 3 have better DOF , unity , unreal. so Eevee have better DOF than iclone is not a advantage.  you can import iclone cameras to unity but the control is limited. cause the camera animation information is exported as a fbx clip . and inside unity you cant finetunning it. ( its locked ) so its a little complicated. unity have Cinemachine and its much more powerfull to make camera work , to say you the real, Cinemachine is amazing i am in love with that. and unity force you to use cinemachine cause is the only way to animate camera effects like DOF. bloom, etc. today the unique realtime solution to offer 32 bit color space output is unity .. cause that mid studios use it to produce animated series for VOD systems.

Reading This Topic