Profile Picture

Character Creator 3 - Work-In-Progress 1 (Pre-Order Now!)

Posted By Miranda (RL) 6 Years Ago
Rated 4.4 stars based on 8 votes.

Character Creator 3 - Work-In-Progress 1 (Pre-Order Now!)

Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
Ellessarr (5/27/2018)

hmm them if i get it right i will be able to export the fbx model from cc3 to the unreal engine without need the 3dxchange, i just need create the model and throw them throw it into unreal but if i need export it to iclone i will need the 3dxchange?? or i can export it to iclone but from the "iclone to the engine i wiill need the 3dxchange, like i create a model then throw it to unreal them if i need to make the animations in the iclone i gonna need use the 3dxchange to export to iclone them animate it in iclone them to export the animation to iclone i will need the 3dxchange too??

That is how it gonna work?

If you purchase the Standalone version of Character Creator 3 Pipeline then you will be able to export FBX and OBJ directly without requiring 3DXchange 7 Pipeline.

If you are using "Character Creator 3 for iClone" then you will still need 3DXchange 7 Pro to be able to export OBJ or 3DXchange 7 Pipeline to export both OBJ and FBX.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

TucsonDoobie
TucsonDoobie
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
What? A dream so I don't have to buy CLO! w00t
SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
@Peter Thanks for that. I have been searching and searching the marketing info to find some detail on the differences between the CC for iClone, the standalone CC and the Pipeline edition.

Would you mind also detailing any other differences that so far have not been announced on these three - if indeed there are three versions.

Home Built in Coolermaster ATX case with GigabyteGA-Z170X-GAMING 7 MoBo, i7-6700 @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GraphicsCard, 32Gb DDR4 RAM, an Acer CB241HQK  & a Samsung S24D300 monitor, Huion H610Pro Graphics Tablet, Kinect v2, Logitech C920 Webcam, Win 10 64 Bit OS

LP_movies/tvs
LP_movies/tvs
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

If you purchase the Standalone version of Character Creator 3 Pipeline then you will be able to export FBX and OBJ directly without requiring 3DXchange 7 Pipeline.

If you are using "Character Creator 3 for iClone" then you will still need 3DXchange 7 Pro to be able to export OBJ or 3DXchange 7 Pipeline to export both OBJ and FBX. 

so if  you got   3dXchnage7 pipeline   has all the  same as the stanalone cc3
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
At least according to what Miranda wrote, the complete version of CC3 isn't *quite* the same as what we will all get for free, even if you have XChange Pipeline.  For one thing, the complete one does some weight mapping, IIRC, that CC3 "lite" doesn't do.  Or some such useful thingee (you can look it up here).

Personally I can't imagine anyone not wanting the full version, particularly at a "member's club" price, but that's just me.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
larryjbiz
larryjbiz
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
You think the CC3 GOZ funtion will work with ZBrush Core?
LP_movies/tvs
LP_movies/tvs
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

thank for the info Kelleytoons I know I get the pipeline one  but wanted to make sure before I buy
LP_movies/tvs
LP_movies/tvs
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

thank for the info Kelleytoons I know I get the pipeline one  but wanted to make sure before I buy
Ellessarr
Ellessarr
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (5/28/2018)

thank you for the answer, I still have another question:
I buying the the iclone 7+ 3dxchange 7 pipeline after the release of the CC 3? i will still get the cc3 for free or after it release i have to buy it separated like the the others products, He's still coming for free from Iclone 7 or after it release will be a full stand alone and you have to buy it separated??

really thanks for all the support and looking forward for it.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Ellessarr
mr_vidius
mr_vidius
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Miranda (RL) (5/22/2018)
Hello Everyone!

Ever since the February release of the 2018 Roadmap, we have received a lot of your feedbacks, which were taken very seriously and with with much appreciation.  And we look forward to additional feedbacks!

Work-In-Progress 1

In Work-In-Progress 1, we looked at how Character Creator 3 (CC3) represents Quality Production

Visit the Work In Progress 1 for full information.

Product Announcement & FAQ

The following information may be helpful to you. Feel free to reply to this forum post with additional inquiries.
  1. Launch date of Character Creator 3: 2018 Q3
  2. The official edition & plugin of Character Creator 3:
    • Character Creator 3 Pipeline Edition (List Price: $199 USD)
    • Character Creator 3 for iClone (CC3 for iClone is the add-on for iClone 7- not for sale)
    • Iray Plugin (List Price: TBA)
  3. If you are the iClone 7 users, you will get a free copy of CC3 for iClone when CC3 launches. What are the benefits you will get from CC3 for iClone?
    • Quad Face Character Base for Optimal Results: New topology is 100% quad mesh, ready for subdivisioning and mesh editing. Enhanced mesh and enhanced high-res texture detail for hands and feet.
      *The mesh of CC3 character base is subject to change at the final release
    • Advanced Mesh Editor: Ability to edit mesh in vertex, poly, element, or brush push & pull select mode.
    • Partial Conforming: Ability to define sub-mesh elements (or selected vertices) as hard mesh items, such like buckles, ammo pouches, or armor plates.
    • Post Production: Camera, atmosphere, pose and so on, can now be saved for further editing.
    • Export: Export game-friendly characters with low-poly mesh and reduction in bone count.
    • Compatible with 3DXchange 7: You can directly export OBJ or FBX format from CC3 for IC depending on which edition of 3DXchange 7 you own.
    • Easy Upgrade: If you are looking for pipeline functions, you can choose to upgrade to CC3 Pipeline Edition without having to uninstall the application.
  4. How does CC3 Pipeline Edition increase your productivity with its pipeline functions?
    • Content Creation:
      • GoZ: Sculpt and paint, round trip ZBrush editing via GoZ. Character auto-skinning that works regardless of differences in proportions.
      • Auto-Skin Weighting for Clothes: Import OBJ mesh as Cloth Assets, and apply Skin Weight Transfer from cloth templates or custom imported skin mesh.
      • Skin Weight Editing: Refine the auto-skinned cloth with a spectrum of weight editing tools.
    • Character Retopology
    • Export File Format: FBX, OBJ
    • Level of Detail (LOD):
      • Polygon Optimization: Reduce the polygon count while retaining its original shape and UV data to maintain its original look while gaining significant performance improvements.
      • Remeshing: Merge all of the geometry and UV maps to ensure minimal draw call without sacrificing visual quality.
  5. How does Iray work with CC3?
    • Iray will be an independent plugin, which can be used for iClone 7, CC3, and CC3 for iClone.
  6. How does CC3 handle the projects, characters and content assets created by CC2?
    • All projects, characters, content assets will be compatible with CC3.
    • There will be a conversion process when loading assets created with CC2.

Reallusion Team

Miranda,

this does look promising. but...  what about facial creation? if your going to have the ability to create even more impressive characters
what about that all important "face"? example: what if I wanted to make a character with my face on it, or even my girlfriends face.. currently, I can't do that for a CC
character because I need to buy the expensive pipeline for CT8. I don't even use CT8. and when backup/maintance time comes.. it's being deleted from my drive. 
another question.. why should I need to buy "the pipeline" of anything if I am ONLY USING AN RL PRODUCT? I don't use DAZ, or UNITY, or any other products other than ICLONE.
and it seems like a screw job that I would have to buy a pipeline to do something that could always been done in iclone before.  and so..

1). will CC3 have the facial creation without needing a pipeline screw job?

2) will I be required to be online (so I don't get water marks) when sending a character between CC3 and IC7?

I'm hoping to get the straight answer from you. I know I won't get one from Peter. he gives the run around all the time. 

thank you,
Vidius  

Reading This Topic