Profile Picture

Character Creator 3 - Work-In-Progress 1 (Pre-Order Now!)

Posted By Miranda (RL) 6 Years Ago
Rated 4.4 stars based on 8 votes.

Character Creator 3 - Work-In-Progress 1 (Pre-Order Now!)

Author
vidi
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
For Remember

Miranda (RL) (2/22/2018)
Yes! There will be a bone editing tool, and auto rig function, which implies developers & artists are able to free sculpt the character without worrying about the compatibility issues because of body scale change.

vidi (2/18/2018)
[quote]OBJ import + Auto Skin + Skin Weight Editing

That sounds so great for me ,maybe RL could implement a Bone editing tool, too ?
For e.g. adjusting Eyes and maybe an "adjust rigging to shape" function. 

I hope it will come soon Cool

but I can not read something of bone editing in the Roadmap Ermm

How does CC3 Pipeline EditionCC3 Pipeline Edition increase your productivity with its pipeline functions?
  • :
  • Content CreationContent Creation:
    • : Sculpt and paint, round trip ZBrush editing via GoZ. Character auto-skinning that works regardless of differences in proportions.
    • GoZGoZ: Sculpt and paint, round trip ZBrush editing via GoZ. Character auto-skinning that works regardless of differences in proportions.
    • : Import OBJ mesh as Cloth Assets, and apply Skin Weight Transfer from cloth templates or custom imported skin mesh.
    • Auto-Skin Weighting for ClothesAuto-Skin Weighting for Clothes: Import OBJ mesh as Cloth Assets, and apply Skin Weight Transfer from cloth templates or custom imported skin mesh.
    • : Refine the auto-skinned cloth with a spectrum of weight editing tools.
    • Skin Weight EditingSkin Weight Editing: Refine the auto-skinned cloth with a spectrum of weight editing tools.
    • Character RetopologyCharacter Retopology
    • : FBX, OBJ
    • Export File FormatExport File Format: FBX, OBJ
    • :
    • Level of Detail (LOD)Level of Detail (LOD):
      • Polygon Optimization: Reduce the polygon count while retaining its original shape and UV data to maintain its original look while gaining significant performance improvements.
      • Polygon Optimization: Reduce the polygon count while retaining its original shape and UV data to maintain its original look while gaining significant performance improvements.
      • Remeshing: Merge all of the geometry and UV maps to ensure minimal draw call without sacrificing visual quality.
      • Remeshing: Merge all of the geometry and UV maps to ensure minimal draw call without sacrificing visual quality.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
        liebe Grüße vidi

blackhawk
        blackhawk
        Posted 6 Years Ago
        View Quick Profile
        Veteran Member

Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
        3d scan to CC: How will this work?
        danlcort7
        danlcort7
        Posted 6 Years Ago
        View Quick Profile
        Veteran Member

Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
        thanks for answer  me
        only I need to buy ZBrush

best regard 
        Daniel.
        jkinser410
        jkinser410
        Posted 6 Years Ago
        View Quick Profile

Senior Member (294 reputation)Senior Member (294 reputation)Senior Member (294 reputation)Senior Member (294 reputation)Senior Member (294 reputation)Senior Member (294 reputation)Senior Member (294 reputation)Senior Member (294 reputation)Senior Member (294 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
        any option for giving characters different colored eyes coming?  
        Lord Ashes
        Lord Ashes
        Posted 6 Years Ago
        View Quick Profile
        Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
        Ellessarr (5/26/2018)Another question if i buy the Iclone and get the "free 3.0" i will be able to export the characters to my engine without 3dexchange?? or need it to export them??? only the character not animation

When exporting out of CC2 the export is limited by, as far as I know, your version of 3DXChange (although you don't need to open 3DXChange to process the output). For example, I have iClone 7 Pro and 3DChange 7 Pro so when I try to use CC2 to export in FBX format, the action is denied because Pro version only can export in OBJ format. I guess there is the possibility that it is based on the iClone version as opposed to the 3DXChange version but I doubt it...3DXChange has always been the Import/Export tool and thus I am fairly sure it is the 3DXChange version that CC2 uses. I anticipated that the same will be true for CC3 and thus you will need 3DXChange to export from CC.
        (If anyone knows otherwise...please correct me) 

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
        Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
        Rampa
        Rampa
        Posted 6 Years Ago
        View Quick Profile
        Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
        Lord Ashes (5/27/2018)
        Ellessarr (5/26/2018)Another question if i buy the Iclone and get the "free 3.0" i will be able to export the characters to my engine without 3dexchange?? or need it to export them??? only the character not animation

When exporting out of CC2 the export is limited by, as far as I know, your version of 3DXChange (although you don't need to open 3DXChange to process the output). For example, I have iClone 7 Pro and 3DChange 7 Pro so when I try to use CC2 to export in FBX format, the action is denied because Pro version only can export in OBJ format. I guess there is the possibility that it is based on the iClone version as opposed to the 3DXChange version but I doubt it...3DXChange has always been the Import/Export tool and thus I am fairly sure it is the 3DXChange version that CC2 uses. I anticipated that the same will be true for CC3 and thus you will need 3DXChange to export from CC.

That is the correct assumption.
        It will be the same with "CC3 for iClone". You will need 3DXchange 7 Pipeline.
        It will be different for "CC3 Pipeline Edition". It can export FBX directly (and do a bunch of other cool stuff) without any other software. It is a standalone that costs money. Note that "Pipeline" is used in the name, as it has always denoted export in animated formats.
        Edited
        6 Years Ago by Rampa
        Ellessarr
        Ellessarr
        Posted 6 Years Ago
        View Quick Profile
        Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
        Rampa (5/27/2018)
        Lord Ashes (5/27/2018)

That is the correct assumption.
        It will be the same with "CC3 for iClone". You will need 3DXchange 7 Pipeline.
        It will be different for "CC3 Pipeline Edition". It can export FBX directly (and do a bunch of other cool stuff) without any other software. It is a standalone that costs money. Note that "Pipeline" is used in the name, as it has always denoted export in animated formats.

hmm them if i get it right i will be able to export the fbx model from cc3 to the unreal engine without need the 3dxchange, i just need create the model and throw them throw it into unreal but if i need export it to iclone i will need the 3dxchange?? or i can export it to iclone but from the "iclone to the engine i wiill need the 3dxchange, like i create a model then throw it to unreal them if i need to make the animations in the iclone i gonna need use the 3dxchange to export to iclone them animate it in iclone them to export the animation to iclone i will need the 3dxchange too??

That is how it gonna work?
        hj
        hj
        Posted 6 Years Ago
        View Quick Profile
        Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
        There will be a bone editing tool, and auto rig function, which implies developers & artists are able to free sculpt the character without worrying about the compatibility issues because of body scale change.

We need this to work properly with ZBrush GOZ.

or we have for example the same problems as now with facial changes and eye positions.

or problems with the moth creator and animator

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7a1a89bf-3aa1-4750-b84c-6bf6.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dbb4388d-a379-4e04-ab34-5f12.jpg

Hans jörgen

Fehler gehören zum Leben.
        Was zählt, ist, wie man auf Fehler reagiert
        Niki Giovanni
        https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1a2f83b8-b491-4e74-bf8b-6a98.jpg

Edited
        6 Years Ago by hj
        jasondalycan
        jasondalycan
        Posted 6 Years Ago
        View Quick Profile

Junior Member (110 reputation)Junior Member (110 reputation)Junior Member (110 reputation)Junior Member (110 reputation)Junior Member (110 reputation)Junior Member (110 reputation)Junior Member (110 reputation)Junior Member (110 reputation)Junior Member (110 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
        Hi All,
        One question I have is that with the already built-in PBR capabilities of iClone why is an Iray rendering plugin required?  I found the results of the Octane Render plugin to be substandard (slow and very buggy) thus I'm wondering what value an Iray plugin brings in light of the fact that PBR is natively supported?
        Kelleytoons
        Kelleytoons
        Posted 6 Years Ago
        View Quick Profile
        Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
        jasondalycan (5/27/2018)
        Hi All,
        One question I have is that with the already built-in PBR capabilities of iClone why is an Iray rendering plugin required?  I found the results of the Octane Render plugin to be substandard (slow and very buggy) thus I'm wondering what value an Iray plugin brings in light of the fact that PBR is natively supported?

Far be if for me to be an iRay apologist (sigh) but I think the idea is that iRay can do a LOT of things the present render engine can't.  Mirrors for one thing, but even just such things as subsurface scattering (so very important for skin) and other things the current renderer will NEVER be able to do.  Personally I think the idea of hanging iRay off of iClone makes about as much sense as making Photoshop do animations (which it *can* do, but shouldn't) but some folks here (who will remain nameless -- because they will jump right in <g>Wink believe the iRay plug will be so fast it will rival even the native renderer speed (and if you believe that I have some land here in Florida I'd like to sell you).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
        Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic