Profile Picture

Character Creator 3 - Work-In-Progress 1 (Pre-Order Now!)

Posted By Miranda (RL) 6 Years Ago
Rated 4.4 stars based on 8 votes.

Character Creator 3 - Work-In-Progress 1 (Pre-Order Now!)

Author
TheOldBuffer
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I read on a Reallusion info page  Iray was going to be for stills, so looking like Reallusion are after getting a bigger share of the Dazzie market. Makes good business sense to me.
I would like to think Reallusion will be looking for a suitable realtime renderer for use in iClone, surely they won't repeat the Indigo debacle. 

Regarding CC3.........Holy sh*t Batman, Awesome.

One thing I've thought of that would be great is a GoSPainter, Go3dcoat, etc so we can paint as we sculpt/design and would be very cool to be able to retexture on the fly......

Homebuilt computer - Windoze 10, INTEL i9 9900 k @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC ULTRA, 16GB 3100 MHz RAM, Asus  Maximus Hero XI motherboard, Sound blaster Z series. iClone6 & 7 Pipeline, Crazytalk 8, Crazytalk Animator 2, Facefilter, Pop video 3, Hitfilm 4Pro, Cubase 8.5 Pro,

will2power71
will2power71
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Kelleytoons (5/22/2018)
I posted this as a comment when the video was first posted, but I'll mention it again here -- it should at least be a red flag that, once again, no animation is shown with the iRay examples.  No one would like to be proven wrong here than me, but the fact is it still looks like iRay for iClone is going to be in the range of the Indigo disaster.

While I can't say that it will definitely work, I can say that I've done a few animations in Iray and it's really going to be hardware dependent. If Reallusion's implementation isn't a stripped down version of Iray --allowing for multiple GPU use; then it might show some promise indeed. Rendering animations with two GTX 980 ti's in Iray isn't that bad. I might daresay it's pretty painless as long as you don't use the default settings. Iray's one of those renderers that is really dependent upon how you set it up before you start rendering. It's nowhere near as fast as iClone but it's okay if you have the right hardware and do what you can to speed up the render times --at least in DAZ Studio. I imagine the implementation in iClone will probably be even faster with most models having lower texture resolutions than native DAZ. As with most things, I will wait and see what develops before I start any groaning.

I do like the quad meshes, though.

Famekrafts
Famekrafts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I believe cc3 should come with some good calibration for children morphs. Doesn't matter what we do we cannot really create a kid with cc without buying the morph packs or create our own morphs in blender/zbrush.

This is what I managed, but she doesn't look like a kid, compared to the morphs available in store as shown below. We surely need some default morphs for the kids and teens.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dd8c23d4-05b0-474a-a9cc-3751.jpg

https://www.reallusion.com/contentstore/image//cc/acc120cienu000020160315005/t_acc120cienu00002016031500520180327103145569.jpg

CTA5, Iclone 7, 3D Exchange Pro, Character Creator 3, Popcornfx plugin, Zbrush, Blender, Vue 2014, Adobe cc suite, Spriter
Homebuild Workstation (Pretty old now but still working great) Win 10, Intel i7 950, 24 GB RAM DDR3, Gigabyte x58a-ud7 motherboard, AMD R9 390 sapphire 8GB VRAM.
Official Website  Reallusion Store  

Famekrafts
Famekrafts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

will2power71 (5/22/2018)
Kelleytoons (5/22/2018)
I posted this as a comment when the video was first posted, but I'll mention it again here -- it should at least be a red flag that, once again, no animation is shown with the iRay examples.  No one would like to be proven wrong here than me, but the fact is it still looks like iRay for iClone is going to be in the range of the Indigo disaster.

While I can't say that it will definitely work, I can say that I've done a few animations in Iray and it's really going to be hardware dependent. If Reallusion's implementation isn't a stripped down version of Iray --allowing for multiple GPU use; then it might show some promise indeed. Rendering animations with two GTX 980 ti's in Iray isn't that bad. I might daresay it's pretty painless as long as you don't use the default settings. Iray's one of those renderers that is really dependent upon how you set it up before you start rendering. It's nowhere near as fast as iClone but it's okay if you have the right hardware and do what you can to speed up the render times --at least in DAZ Studio. I imagine the implementation in iClone will probably be even faster with most models having lower texture resolutions than native DAZ. As with most things, I will wait and see what develops before I start any groaning.

I do like the quad meshes, though.

Current real-time settings in iclone don't allow two GPUs to speed up the rendering. If iray supports clubbing of 2 GPU that then it will be very beneficial and worth adding.

CTA5, Iclone 7, 3D Exchange Pro, Character Creator 3, Popcornfx plugin, Zbrush, Blender, Vue 2014, Adobe cc suite, Spriter
Homebuild Workstation (Pretty old now but still working great) Win 10, Intel i7 950, 24 GB RAM DDR3, Gigabyte x58a-ud7 motherboard, AMD R9 390 sapphire 8GB VRAM.
Official Website  Reallusion Store  

Xodroc
Xodroc
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Looks interesting.

I'm curious about support for 3D Scans and Retopology/Hybrid Character Assets.

For me what usually prevents these tools from remaining useful is that everything must be conformed to the software's base model geometry to use it's features.  

Mr_Squarepeg
Mr_Squarepeg
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Looking forward to this Smile
Alolu
Alolu
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Very excited to use this!!!!! TongueBigGrinBigGrinBigGrin
Mr_Squarepeg
Mr_Squarepeg
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)Senior Member (441 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
So here goes a question for reallusion staff - Will the upcoming stand alone version of Character Creator 3 work with Crazy Talk 8?
Looking at buying that in addition to Character Creator 3 when it comes out. Smile

Thank you for your time,
Head Clot
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Hello RL,
I still have a question about CC 3.0 for IClone 7 (does not concern CC 3 pipeline version)

Is it possible to import clothes via FBX with the version CC3.0 Iclone7 as before?
I create or convert via BodyTemplate (Iclone 6) my clothes from DAZ into a version suitable for the CC. I export dan this BodyTemplate (incl clothes) as FBX. This fbx figure I can then in CC 2.3 via this button
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b9caf03f-d6a2-49fb-ba7d-8884.jpg
use in the CC, adjust the clothes, change color, etc. So (or something like that) probably many users have so far with the program procedure.

In the description of the CC 3.0 for IClone 7 is nothing on whether this is still possible, or is the CC 3.0 for Iclone just to create a "naked avatar"
(without clothes) thought. But then it would be a step backwards.

An answer or clarification would be very welcome by RL
Greets from Germany
Postfrosch

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
gcshep
gcshep
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Miranda thank you very much for the update regarding the price.
Best Regards 
George

Reading This Topic