Posted By Grace (RL) 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

[iClone & 3DXchange 7.21] Optimized Genesis 8 and Daz Import Pipeline

Author
Dr. Nemesis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
MnerosNaRa (4/13/2018)
I can Confirm with Dr. Nemisis that 3d Exchange is not working as advertised in this Update. The program no longer recognizes  daz characters.

Well it’s good to know it’s not just me. Reverted back to 7.0 for now.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
No, it's just you -- works fine for me.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
VirtualMedia
VirtualMedia
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Love the updates RL, the better the transition gets between Daz and IC the bigger RL market will grow.

Daz recently got me drooling over their amazing characters, renders and Zbrush integration, after a couple weeks back in DS. I completely understand why RL is updating characters and integrating IRAY, I would happily sacrifice a some render time to get closer to IRAY renders in DAZ.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RL - Please consider:

A mesh quality slider control to increase / degrade mesh resolution in IC

A morph smoother slider in IC - A great exaggerated pose is ruined with crumpled polys in the face.

Export all morphs from daz to fbx  - the 81 standard + option to check box for each Daz custom morph we want to export as sliders to IC.

Search and currently used morph locates on 3DX  and bump the current selected morphs bumped to top of menu.

A bold highlighted 'MORPH IN USE' to easily locate morphs in use when scrolling through morph menu.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ultimate Animation Dream Tool:

A powerful, user friendly animation / character platform - with vast library of characters and sources - that produces great visual and animated 3D movies in HD HQ - Amazing Stills - VR - AR export ..

Keep the improvements coming.. Peace

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com
Edited
6 Years Ago by VirtualMedia
charleshoover885
charleshoover885
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (901 reputation)Veteran Member (901 reputation)Veteran Member (901 reputation)Veteran Member (901 reputation)Veteran Member (901 reputation)Veteran Member (901 reputation)Veteran Member (901 reputation)Veteran Member (901 reputation)Veteran Member (901 reputation)

Nemesis,

Looks like it only works on unmodified Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 characters (G3F and G8F). Didn't try the male characters. Also all of my Genesis 2 characters are fine.

So it is broken.

I will also be rolling back to 7 because I do a lot of Genesis 3 stuff.

Charles
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

I used it on female characters (so, modified) and it works fine.  Can you tell me what characters it's NOT working on?

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I just brought in a Gen 8 Libby (so, modified) and it took all of five minutes (including adding animation to it in iClone).

Couldn't be easier.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ah, but you're right about the Gen 3 female -- she's not working.

So Gen 8 male and female work.  Wonder why Gen 3 doesn't?  I wouldn't actually use any of these, but it's interesting to me that the Gen 8 stuff works and the Gen 3 stuff doesn't.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
charleshoover885
charleshoover885
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (901 reputation)Veteran Member (901 reputation)Veteran Member (901 reputation)Veteran Member (901 reputation)Veteran Member (901 reputation)Veteran Member (901 reputation)Veteran Member (901 reputation)Veteran Member (901 reputation)Veteran Member (901 reputation)

KT,
Did a little more testing. Results are definitive as far as I am concerned. Up to my eyeballs in After Effects (not enough years left in my life to figure Ae out), so I will probably not mess with this anymore for a while.

But here is what I found:

G8F and G3F Base work fine. Adding a DAZ graft also works fine on both, but adding a third party graft causes both to not convert. (G2F works in all cases).
Characters based on G8F and G3F do exactly the same, So in my case, the culprit is the third party graft, which I use often, bummer.

The point is, however, as you know I use DAZ characters exclusively and up until 7.2 they all worked fine. So in my opinion, Reallusion has broken it but because of the third party graft issue will probably not fix it.

So going forward I will have to make a decision about freezing on 7.1.

Charles

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

LOL -- I understand perfectly where you are (and my days of testing anything are even more limited).

Yeah -- weird how it works (or doesn't).  It's almost like they have some "perfect" model which the character has to fit in order to convert (I wonder exactly what it is they are looking for).  For me it's a curiosity, since I can't imagine any scenerio under which I'd use a Daz character inside of iClone, but I do understand how others would find it both frustrating and impossible (since it worked fine before).

(The really irritating thing to me is we will have to spend months now explaining to folks who come here how this doesn't work.  Sigh).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
cheyennerobinson_45
cheyennerobinson_45
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (286 reputation)Senior Member (286 reputation)Senior Member (286 reputation)Senior Member (286 reputation)Senior Member (286 reputation)Senior Member (286 reputation)Senior Member (286 reputation)Senior Member (286 reputation)Senior Member (286 reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
So I came to the forums to see if i was the only one having the problem but it seems i am not.  What i have seen is that since they added there own morphs for the characters that they do not reflect the true expressions.  I thought i was losing it when my Gen 3 custom character was no longer blinking his eyes when you click the mouse in face puppet.  This actually sucks because i was really looking forward to this upgrade.  For now I have been going in an changing the actual expressions in 3dxchange after i import the character.  Other than that I could do it in Daz Studio frame by frame before i exported it.  Has anyone reported this?

Reading This Topic