where is the fbxkey?

Posted By rvwalsh 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rvwalsh
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (884 reputation)Veteran Member (884 reputation)Veteran Member (884 reputation)Veteran Member (884 reputation)Veteran Member (884 reputation)Veteran Member (884 reputation)Veteran Member (884 reputation)Veteran Member (884 reputation)Veteran Member (884 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
bought 3dx pipeline - cna import fbx in the pipeline and iClone 7 - CC2 wants a fbxkey - isn't $500 enough
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
When you export the character from CC it will generate the fbx key.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
rvwalsh
rvwalsh
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (884 reputation)Veteran Member (884 reputation)Veteran Member (884 reputation)Veteran Member (884 reputation)Veteran Member (884 reputation)Veteran Member (884 reputation)Veteran Member (884 reputation)Veteran Member (884 reputation)Veteran Member (884 reputation)

I tried that and got a message that I need a license - just what dose 3dxported pipeline do for me - I want to use Marvelous Designer to created outfitshttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/360ecfc8-477e-472b-8eea-5b2c.png
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

You can't export ALL the avatars -- those with morphs you don't have the export license you cannot, for example.  But you don't need those.  Just load the default PBR female (or male) in and export them (they will export).  Use THEM to model your clothes and when you bring the clothes in they will conform to whatever morphs you then apply.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Im expanding what has been stated already just to try and make this as clear as possible for you.

You have bought 3DXchange pipeline which is the tool that gives you 2 basic functions 
      1) import content made in other software for use in iClone 
      2) export iClone/CC content for use in other software.
There is more uses but that's the basics

iClone and CC come with a set of basic contents, for example the default avatars mentioned by Kellytoons but there are also some default clothes, props etc etc that come with iClone and CC.
All of these default contents you can export without any problems and when you export them the fbxkey gets automatically created. The fbxkey is needed if you want to modify the content in a 3D modeller and then import it back into CC. You must have the fbxkey to import the content back into CC for example. But that is only needed if the content originally came from iClone. If you completely make your own model then fbxkey is not needed.

The error you posted has nothing to do with what I mentioned above
Rather it relates to purchased content from reallusions store or the marketplace
When you buy content (clothes/ characters/shoes etc)  you have the choice of paying for its use in iClone/CC only or you can pay a bit extra to enable you to export that content for use in other applications.
That bit extra is what gives you the right to export the content from CC or iClone. That is what the export licence is. Either the character you are trying to export or some of the clothes or maybe even the morphs are something you have purchased but didn't pay for its export licence. Without the export licence you can only use what you bought in CC or iClone.

You can always go to your account and upgrade the things you have purchase so you have the export licence for that content.
So the message you are getting relates to content you have purchased.
Export content that came with CC and iClone by default or buy export licence vesions of purchased contents and you wont get that message

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
6 Years Ago by Delerna
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
For making clothes, unless the character shape is extremely customized, it is best to use the basic male and female. The clothing you make will be auto-conforming to the reshaping of your character in CC.

Oh, and you do need the FBX key to import your model back into CC, even if it was not purchased content. It's just part of the process. Whenever you export a model, that key is generated, as people have mentioned. Reallusion also supplies bases with FBXKeys for people who do not have Pipeline to export from. You can get them here if you ever need them. 
https://www.reallusion.com/character-creator/custom-outfit.html
rvwalsh
rvwalsh
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

thanks everyone - this helps a lot
nicob2
nicob2
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Mike - is the FBXket found automatically or embedded - I cannot find the exported key from the DAZ model - goin crazy here

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
nicob2 (10/25/2018)
Mike - is the FBXket found automatically or embedded - I cannot find the exported key from the DAZ model - goin crazy here

The FBXKey is generated automatically when you export an FBX character from CC. It is not embedded and is a separate file that can be found in the same folder as the FBX model.

So for example if you export an FBX character and call it Example.FBX, you will also have a Example.FBXKey file with it in the output folder.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

stringssl.wm
stringssl.wm
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
i have the same trouble. i am trying to import the model back into cc3 and it says to add an fbx key. when i export the file out it does not create a key . 

Reading This Topic