[Update] Content Uploader

Posted By Miranda (RL) 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Release Note for v1.61 (2022. Nov. 8th updated)

Blocking CTA5/IC8/CC4 content for Upload.
*   Please refer to the Smart Content Manager for the new content upload process.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uploader v1.58 (May 5th, 2020)
  • Supports upcoming Character Creator v3.3 and the SkinGen Plug-in

Uploader v1.57 (Dec 3rd, 2019)

• Trial content is not allowed to upload.
  • The "Trial enable" checkbox is available again. (default: checked)

Uploader v1.56 (June 17, 2019)
  • Remove the "Trial enabled" and "Embed watermark" checkboxes.  Future programs will enable the function by default, and setting will no longer be needed.

Uploader v1.55 (Aug 20th, 2018)
*This version of Uploader has been updated again on Jan 21st, 2019 to support editing with any monitor resolution, e.g. 1024*768. 
  • The third level of Type settings is added for accurate search.
  • Commercialization materials are no longer required when uploading content, developers can do further editing in the Management Backend of the Marketplace.
  • The image size of Preview Images is not fixed to 1920x1080 anymore. Any image with its width less than 1920 px, and length less than 1080px is acceptable.
  • The GIF file format is no longer supported for thumbnails in order to provide a more consistent display.
  • Content is defaulted as "hidden" when uploading.

Uploader v1.54 (Dec. 5th, 2017)
  • Enhanced: Optimize the content upload process by compressing the content file before uploading.
  • Added: Limit the single file size to 1GB for upload.
Uploader v1.53 (July 17th, 2017)
  • Fixed: "Replace" function doesn't work when the file size of the new upload is small, e.g. 2KB (sbsar file)
Uploader v1.52
  • Enhanced: Allow larger images for Preview, Page Header, and Thumbnail for content items.
  • Enhanced: No more file size limitation for images.
  • Enhanced: No more 9 image limit for Preview Image.
Edited
2 Years Ago by Fionn (RL)
LookingGlassGraphics
LookingGlassGraphics
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Replace function still has bugs. I uploaded a character file yesterday and today I tried uploading an updated version of the same character and the uploader says my drafts usage is full, though the top right reads 0 of 100MB.

J. Rosa
Marketplace Link:
Looking Glass Graphics

Primary
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 32.0 GB RAM, 12 GB Dedicated Ram
Secondary 
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32.0 GB RAM, 4 Core(s), 8 GB Dedicated Ram

Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

Note: The issue Jacob encountered was fixed by reinstalling the Uploader again. We weren't quite sure about the root cause. If anyone encounter the same issue, please let us know.

LookingGlassGraphics (11/15/2017)
Replace function still has bugs. I uploaded a character file yesterday and today I tried uploading an updated version of the same character and the uploader says my drafts usage is full, though the top right reads 0 of 100MB.

Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Developers!

The Uploader was just updated to version 1.54.
I put the release note on the top of this thread. Download the new version here: https://city.reallusion.com/upload.html
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Anyone having issues uploading content? I seem to be able to upload smaller content without any issues but I have been trying to upload an Avatar for the last couple of days with no success. Originally the Avatar was around 95MB. After that failed to upload a number of times, I did a poly reduction on some of the accessories, used JPGs texture instead of BMPs, and limited the number of accessories that I put on the Avatar. This reduced the Avatar file size to about 61MB.

When uploading with Content Uploader, the 95MB file would get to somewhere past 75% and then return an error message saying that some of the content files could not be uploaded. When I reduced the size down to the 61MB, it makes it to something like 99% and then generates the same error. In both cases the content is not uploaded (i.e. does not appear in my Marketplace store site).

I have also noticed that sometimes when I upload multiple items at once, it gives me the same error after each item is successfully upload. For example, I am uploading 3 items. After the first item is successfully uploaded, it gives me the error that some files did not upload. However unlike the above scenario, in this case the item does successfully upload before tripping the error message. At this point I can hit the Upload Draft button and basically continue with the next item...but having to press the Upload Draft button after each item. This seems to happen consistently with some content but not with all content.

Lastly, I see people talking about files larger than 100MB? How are people uploading these? The Draft area seems to be limited to 100MB and Content Uploader does not seem to allow you to exceed that. Is this limit overcome by using the Upload button instead of the Upload Draft so that the content never goes into the Draft area? Or is there a way to get a larger draft space?

My Internet bandwidth is not the best but I don't believe that it is an Internet bandwidth problem. When I was watching the upload (including just before it generated the error), I see that the content is uploading at around 50KB/sec. I would assume that if the error was related to some sort of a Internet connection timeout then I would see the transfer drop to 0KB/sec and then (after some timeout interval) generate the error. Since this does not happen, I assume that the problem is likely something else. I assume there aren't any timeout settings for the Content Uploader that could be set somewhere to compensate for a poor Internet connection?

I don't suppose there is any other method of uploading content besides the Content Uploader? Such as an FTP site or something...something that would allow resuming upload if it fails?

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I have not uploaded lately, but there is an avatar I have at the marketplace which is 129Mb. I gave up on using draft space. 100 Mb limit does not really make sense. I used to use a draft space for items from packs which I do not wish to make available separately. But then I start running out of draft space quickly and had to move items to the storefront. So I do not have a choice and being forced to make those items available. Funny thing is, that nothing has changed - "loose" items from packs are still occupying the same space. But then there is a new option is now available  - "hidden". There is not much difference between 2. So when uploading over 100 Mb, just select "hide from the store option". I think that is a default one now.

Edited
7 Years Ago by 4u2ges
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Thanks for the info regarding the 100MB size limit.
I still have not managed to upload my Avatar. At one point I though it was a issue of specifying the type in Uploader. The Avatar was from CC2 but the Uploader was defaulting to indicating that the upload is iC7. However, this does not seem to have resolved the issue. I tried to upload both a CC2 Avatar and a iC7 Avatar (and correctly identifying each) but neither upload succeeded. I also tried to upload a iC7 project but that tells me that the file type is not supported (i.e. it won't even try to upload it). I am not sure what the issue is because I am able to upload some content. (BTW, I checked and the RL Update app indicates that I have the latest versions).

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

I only had uploaded one project and it was while back in IC6. Hard to tell what is really going on. You might need to apply to the support for that matter.

I updated the uploader, but it still not clear to me what exactly 1GB limit means. Does it relate to draft space? Because my uploader is still displaying this:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ebdce5b6-cd8d-4c79-b490-5cf4.jpg

Edited
7 Years Ago by 4u2ges
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@Lord Ashes,

I forwarded the issues to Dev Team, but we are unable to tell what exactly happened from the words. We would suggest you to submit a ticket and let our Support Team to help you in an efficient way.

@4u2ges,

1GB is the file size limitation of a single item.
I do think that the limitation of draft content (100MB) is as outdated as you addressed, and I know our team will start a plan to improve it next year.

Under the current situation, we also use the way you do to upload content >> upload and hide

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/35b7b878-87e9-4d04-90aa-97dd.png
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

OK, thank you Miranda. Good to know update is planned.

Reading This Topic