Profile Picture

iClone project won't render with Popvideo Plane...

Posted By Labape 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Labape
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (656 reputation)Veteran Member (656 reputation)Veteran Member (656 reputation)Veteran Member (656 reputation)Veteran Member (656 reputation)Veteran Member (656 reputation)Veteran Member (656 reputation)Veteran Member (656 reputation)Veteran Member (656 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hey, I have kind of a weird issue I'm wondering if anyone has any advice.  I have a project I have created in iClone 6, that features a Plane with a transparent image (1 frame video) I rendered in PopVideo and imported.  The scene is pretty simple, 1000 frames, a 2d Background, 3 props, 3 Motion Paths, and the Plane with the Popvideo on it.  No lighting, no particle effetcs, etc. 

When I attempt to render the final video, the software just hangs on frame 0 and will not render.  If I click on the software durring this process it crashes.   

If I go back into my project and remove that Plane with the Pop Video, it renders quick and easy.  If I put that plane back in, same result every time.  

Anyone have any thoughts or advice o n why that Pop Video plane would keep my project from rendering?

I'm running Win7 64 on a i7 processor with 16gb of Ram and a GTX 1050 2GB video card. Rendering the Video to a non-system 7200rpm HDD If any of that info helps.   
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 51 minutes ago
Don't know but I do know how I'd troubleshoot.

First I would load up a popVideo that I knew worked (I assume you've used PV before, since you have the program, so you've made others that work for you).  Assuming IT worked in that project then I would know it had something to do with the video (the flip side, which I'd also do, is load up that PV file in a brand new empty project just to make sure it still crashed that).

If you then know it's the video I'd try remaking it, perhaps with more than one frame and a different size (perhaps the same size as one that works).  In this way I could figure out if it's something to do with the source fed into PV to create that video (I'd also try another source fed into PV and create the same single frame and size).

Only by doing these things can you truly track down what it is that's the problem.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Labape
Labape
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (656 reputation)Veteran Member (656 reputation)Veteran Member (656 reputation)Veteran Member (656 reputation)Veteran Member (656 reputation)Veteran Member (656 reputation)Veteran Member (656 reputation)Veteran Member (656 reputation)Veteran Member (656 reputation)

So, this is actually my first pop video... I've only had my software for just over a week... but trying it in a fresh project is a great idea.  I'll probably create a second video as well and see what that does in this current project.  Thanks!

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Let me know -- I just bought PopVideo today after experimenting with the trial and will be using it a lot (I have all kinds of alpha-rendered FX I use in After Effects I'm going to convert).  If nothing more I'll be glad to test out something you have that isn't working for you.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Labape
Labape
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Ok, I tried to create a surface with the Popvideo in a new project... same issue.  Just hangs and wont render.  So I created a new pop video and tried again, and got the same results with that video as well.  If I removed the texture from the plane and leave it blank, everything renders!  So it has to be a pop video issue, right?

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Certainly seems that way.  What are you using to create your PopVideo (what kind of file)?  And how big are you creating it?  (Note you can also use "Use Preview Resolution" in order to get it smaller).

In my (very) preliminary tests everything works just fine so I'm guessing the problem is not necessarily with PopVideo but with your system per se (maybe you're not using an NVidia card or some such).  If you want to attack a tiny PopVideo here I can test it out on my systems.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Oh, and be sure you have the latest iClone version (I think for 6 is something like 6.53, although I don't have it installed on my system anymore).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Labape
Labape
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Well, the Original file was a still image that I wanted to make the green background transparent on, so it was a .PNG  The second file I used was just a pre keyed .MOV effect from Footagecrate

I have 6.53.3511.1 and an Nvidea Gforce GTX1050

Edited
7 Years Ago by Labape
Labape
Labape
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Given the testing I have done, I'm wondering now if I am doing something wrong when I import these clips into iClone.  Like I said above I am pretty new to this.  What I have done is created a Plane from the Prop>3dSurface folder in the content tab, then in the Modify Window, under texture, I am dropping my Pop Video on the plane.  

Is that correct?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yeah, sounds like it *should* work (but if you want to post that PNG I'd be glad to test it).

Another thing you can try is once your PV file is in there on the billboard you can select the billboard, go to material, and choose another file for the diffuse and opacity (this wouldn't be a bad idea to do each one separately -- use just a regular plain image and try it for each).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic