Profile Picture

Where did RGB Masking go in Character Creator 2.0?

Posted By GreedyPeopleSuck 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
GreedyPeopleSuck
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Is it only possible to do an RGB mask via Substance Painter?

Or did I miss something that the stock clothes are different?

http://manual.reallusion.com/Character_Creator/ENU/1/15_Substance/Divisions_by_RGB.htm

This doesn't exist in CC 2.0 it seems.
eternityblue
eternityblue
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I dunno, it appears to work the same in 1.5 as 2.0 over here. To be clear though, you always have created your RGB mask elsewhere, whether it be Photoshop, Substance Painter, or whatever. Unless I'm missing something Smile You just load an RBG mask in the Input Maps RGB slot, and to view it in diagnostic mode, you click Enable in the Diagnostic panel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My system: i7 3770 Gtx1060 6GB

Delerna
Delerna
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago

My understanding of the workflow for this is
Select the cloth you want to work on
In materials tab set the shader to Classic
Goto Appearance tab and enable the appearance editor
Now you have the RGB mask etc etc to texture you cloth
Once you have the cloth textured how you want disable the Appearance editor
Now you can go back to the material tab and select PBR as the shader type.

Now you can setup the PBR textures as desired

Edit
Hope I understood your question correctly

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
7 Years Ago by Delerna
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Hmmmmm.....Actually I just tried it out again. No the RGB mask is there with shader type set to PBR so forget what I just said.
I don't remember where I got that idea of doing the texturing first and then doing the PBR from.
I thought I also couldn't find the RGB mask etc and that's why I thought that way.

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
GreedyPeopleSuck
GreedyPeopleSuck
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

eternityblue (1/15/2017)
I dunno, it appears to work the same in 1.5 as 2.0 over here. To be clear though, you always have created your RGB mask elsewhere, whether it be Photoshop, Substance Painter, or whatever. Unless I'm missing something Smile You just load an RBG mask in the Input Maps RGB slot, and to view it in diagnostic mode, you click Enable in the Diagnostic panel.
[quote]
I dunno, it appears to work the same in 1.5 as 2.0 over here. To be clear though, you always have created your RGB mask elsewhere, whether it be Photoshop, Substance Painter, or whatever. Unless I'm missing something Smile You just load an RBG mask in the Input Maps RGB slot, and to view it in diagnostic mode, you click Enable in the Diagnostic panel. 

It's not in CC 2.0 for the default assets at least, are you sure? There is no RGB slot as far as I can find. :-/ I followed the CC video turorial to it, and it just doesn't exist as a slot. Please reference my CC screen, and the documentation screenshot with the RGB slot.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/60f67a3f-3756-4f3b-822d-f4d2.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/73c84b2d-4939-4cc4-8fed-0240.png
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d18dc75e-2d09-443b-b3a4-519b.jpg
Edited
7 Years Ago by nadiak
eternityblue
eternityblue
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)

Yeah, I see what you are doing, don't dig so deep into that hierarchy, go to the top level of the Jeans, you'll (hopefully) see all the controls, including the input maps and diagnostics.  That said, I still see the input maps for all the clothes, including the jeans, at that level, so that may still be an issue, I dunno. Maybe it is your install?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited
7 Years Ago by eternityblue
GreedyPeopleSuck
GreedyPeopleSuck
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

eternityblue (1/15/2017)
Yeah, I see what you are doing, don't dig so deep into that hierarchy, go to the top level of the Jeans, you'll (hopefully) see all the controls, including the input maps and diagnostics.  That said, I still see the input maps for all the clothes, including the jeans, at that level, so that may still be an issue, I dunno. Maybe it is your install?

I can't find it for the life of me. I am learning substance now, it's a nice format, but I'm losing my mind trying to figure out if I'm losing my mind. All of the fabrics show up, but not where to import the RGB map itself.

If you can confirm it's in 2.0  for sure, that would be great.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4e7f9c27-e765-452e-89ff-9119.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bc2fd397-52dd-42a4-ab05-3ba2.png
Edited
7 Years Ago by nadiak
eternityblue
eternityblue
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yep, same beta version. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Nadiak, I think you need to move your installed content over from CC1.5. You only get the input maps when the "Essential" packs are installed.

The paths to copy should be in the original CC2 post from RL.
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

rampa (1/15/2017)
Nadiak, I think you need to move your installed content over from CC1.5. You only get the input maps when the "Essential" packs are installed.

The paths to copy should be in the original CC2 post from RL.

aha, now I see why I get them now. I was checking the RGB mask when I got CC 2 but just before I installed the essential pack into CC2.
Gee wiz. All this time I was thinking along the workflow I mentioned when in actual fact it was  installing the essentials pack. I had forgotten that requirement.

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Reading This Topic