Lightwave Workflow

Posted By Miranda (RL) 8 Years Ago
Rated 4 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
vidi
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I have not try with a earlier version itself , but I know Rampa had sucess with akeytsu

Now I have try with the new CC Version and Akeytsu and have the exactly same deformed result

Because akeytsu and lightwave have worked before, it must be change with the new version

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
8 Years Ago by vidi
hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thanks vidi. Could be a related issue.
For now this issue starts from the export from CC with lightwave compatible checked making all characters unusable.
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Hi hattori kun and vidi,

The issue was duplicated internally, we will fix the issue in CC1.52. I will give you update if the release date is firmed.
hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Thanks for the quick response.
Wish other companies would be as diligent as RL.
Can I visit RL office in taiwan? BigGrin
Edited
8 Years Ago by hattori kun
paulg625
paulg625
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

#1 Question for Miranda in your images you don't show the Lightwave compatibility as checked. Yet the next image shows the female character in Lightwave upright. Without checking the Lightwave option the character comes in lying facedown. So the question is if you are checking Lightwave compatibility are your references from 1.51? because your not having the distortion of the characters we see later in the post. #2 is if your not checking the Lightwave compatibility how are you getting the character to stand up right because when I try with the the standard FBX the tongue stretches.
paulg625
paulg625
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

LightWave 3D workflow supplement (by t2j)

Below are my workflow for create CC cloth:
1.Export character's FBX file from CC,then use File->Load->Load Scene from Layout.You will need to choose "Motion Pluin" for Rotation Import.

50% of original size (was 1000x553) - Click to enlargehttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fe091341-72dd-4005-89b4-34df.jpg

2.Send CC_Base_Body to Modeler and create the cloth

50% of original size (was 1000x553) - Click to enlargehttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/db11a596-b71d-4075-8d00-947e.jpg

3.After you finished your cloth modeling.You will need to copy the weight map from CC character.I recommend use the plugin " mn_DrainBGWeight" to copy the weight map from background object.It's very quick.But unfortunately it only support 32 bit Lightwave.You can download this plugins from here:       http://erikalstad.com/Thank_You_Misoji_Suya/mn_DrainBGVMap.zip

50% of original size (was 1000x553) - Click to enlargehttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/04b13864-747e-4f89-9faa-5d53.jpg

You say to copy weight map.  I moved the CC_Base_Body over to modeler and it doesn't have a weight map?  Where Do I find or get the Character Weight map?
Edited
8 Years Ago by paulg625
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)

paulg625 (9/25/2016)
#1 Question for Miranda in your images you don't show the Lightwave compatibility as checked. Yet the next image shows the female character in Lightwave upright. Without checking the Lightwave option the character comes in lying facedown. So the question is if you are checking Lightwave compatibility are your references from 1.51? because your not having the distortion of the characters we see later in the post. #2 is if your not checking the Lightwave compatibility how are you getting the character to stand up right because when I try with the the standard FBX the tongue stretches.

Hi paulg625, the option of Lightwave compatible" should be checked, sorry for confusing you.
paulg625
paulg625
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you for Replying Miranda,

I am kind of new at this so hope you don't mind me asking a few more questions. I am adding a mesh to my project making adjustments in Modeler then sending over to layout. Mesh isn't responding to bones. I know one possibility is it doesn't have a weight map. Also after exporting it in FBX it won't load my mesh into CC it says error loading file them continues to load the nude model it appears but not the clothing part. When saving does the mesh have to be a child of the FBX bone structure?
hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I was sent an unofficial build that fixes the import issue. I don't know if they officially released it yet.
As for the weightmap issues, be sure to import the fbx in layout so that weights are assigned. Then find the mesh and press modeler in layout to open the mesh in modeler. In modeler create your cloth and transfer the weight from the mesh to it by doing the method mentioned above.
Send that cloth to layout and go to bones tab and change the "use bones from object" to the fbx root of the mesh.
Move some bones around to see if the cloth is deforming with the mesh.
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi paulg625 and hattori kun,

The official version CC1.52 of fixing the issue will be available next week. Smile

Reading This Topic