Profile Picture

Is there a proper way to parent an object to the jaw when importing into 3DXchange?

Posted By michael7 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Is there a proper way to parent an object to the jaw when importing...

Author
michael7
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I wonder if I can turn the beard into a soft cloth. Anyone know? Maybe I can turn it into a soft cloth and pin it to various places of the face.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
there are several ways to do it - 
1 - prop
2 - prop with soft cloth
3 - prop with springs
4 - simple texture map
5 - texture map with bump / displacement
6 - model with beard,
7 - model with beard and displacement / normal map
8 - model with beard, displacement map and rigged with bones for spring effect.
9 - mocha tracking in a video editor.
10 - get a friend with a beard and green screen him into your scene - i know someone who could pull off that clown look for the right price lol

Edited
8 Years Ago by planetstardragon
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
michael7 (6/11/2016)
I wonder if I can turn the beard into a soft cloth. Anyone know? Maybe I can turn it into a soft cloth and pin it to various places of the face.

Soon. Wink

Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

michael7 (6/11/2016)

YES you can.
Cricky obviously knows - and even told you in detail a few posts ago!
You need to slow down and read? Smile

There is an even simpler path to get your Garibaldi beard on Genesis2 into iClone which will move when talking
no soft physics or complicated whatevers
which I was about to mention, but then I saw...
apparently you also want to export lip sync back to Daz!
that, is a very complicated pipeline - unless you're very experienced DS user
I can only say
go back to step 1: know your chosen character rig inside out
know Daz Studio clothing prop rigging tools
then more you know Genesis WITHIN Daz Studio
the more you know which iCloners have the right Daz-to-iClone solutions for Daz migrants
and how to filter noise from signal
cheers

>>> Indie Generalist modeler-rigger-animator <<< Hardware: AlienWare i7-HK 32G GTX1080 2T-SSDs BenqSW320 Wacom-Intuous 3Dconnexion ||| Software: IC6 Pipeline - CTA3 Pipeline - ATK2 - Indigo ||| Zbrush4R8. Blender 2.79. DazStudio 4.9. Carrara. Poser. Octane.

Edited
8 Years Ago by Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Nice video for Motion Builder users.

sw00000p (6/11/2016)
Bellatrix (6/11/2016)
[..but then I saw...
apparently you also want to export lip sync back to Daz!
that, is a very complicated pipeline - unless you're very experienced DS user

It's not complicated.. it goes like this:
Just as you map Daz bones to use RL bones to animate in iClone....
You merely map iClone bones to "transfer" animation to the Correct Daz Bone.

Those who know their Genesis technology will know
No need to map Daz bones to RL bones
It's not news on this forum! Wink

really give the OP some breathing room
one step at a time
to the experience Daz-iCloners it's clear where OP is skill/ info wise
hence I recommend
start with knowing the rig/weight difference between Genesis 1/2/3
then clothing process
then export from Daz process
then import to iClone process
the export to 3DX process
the export to Daz process
that's a lot to cover
before deciding if the workflow is worth it to the INDIVIDUAL
everyone has different budget for time
different learning energy
I can't and won't decide for him if lip sync i/o is worth it
not at this stage
too much info and noise can cloud judgement
I will stop now Smile

>>> Indie Generalist modeler-rigger-animator <<< Hardware: AlienWare i7-HK 32G GTX1080 2T-SSDs BenqSW320 Wacom-Intuous 3Dconnexion ||| Software: IC6 Pipeline - CTA3 Pipeline - ATK2 - Indigo ||| Zbrush4R8. Blender 2.79. DazStudio 4.9. Carrara. Poser. Octane.

Edited
8 Years Ago by Bellatrix
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
What are using for the lipsync in DAZ? I just downloaded the 32 bit version that has the Lipsync plugin with it. It is more accurate than the iClone lipsync, IMHO. Make sure your timeline is playing at 30 FPS.
michael7
michael7
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Rampa: IMO the 32 bit Daz lip sync is terrible as far as trying to perfect the lip sync. The audio in Daz lags greatly behind the character, or it zooms past it when scrubbing on the time line. It's not my computer I'm running I-7 32 Gb with a GTX 970 video card. Iclone has it perfectly synced all the time. And I like the phoneme pairing it does.

Bellatrix: Your right Cricky did mention it, and I read it. You said this: There is an even simpler path to get your Garibaldi beard on Genesis2 into iClone which will move when talking
no soft physics or complicated whatevers
which I was about to mention,

Please don't hold back this would be a perfect fix. How do I do it?
michael7
michael7
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I want to repeat this, just so it's clear what I need to do. The beard doesn't hang from the face. It's beard stubble, it needs to conform to the morphs of the face. I can only see three options. Being able to get the Garibaldi stubble into iclone ( IDEAL ). Getting the iclone face motion back into Daz ( IDEAL ). Settling on painting the beard onto the face ( satisfactory ).
michael7
michael7
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Sw00000p, please no offense to you, as I said before I appreciate help, but what you are offering does not match the situation. This isn't an issue of bone mapping. It's not possible to bring lip sync information as a bvh file back into Daz studio. Daz studio won't even recognize lip sync files brought in as bvh files that were initially saved within Daz itself.
Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@Swoop - the "magic" solutions is called 3DXchange auto-retargeting.
existed for Genesis1/2 since 3dxc5
existed for Genesis3 courtesy of 2016 DaziCloners (Catlady/Cricky/possibly others)
(I would suggest for you to play with Daz Studio so DaziCloners can benefit from more quality guidance
but then I recall "indie chitty" Daz Studio is beneath you so I won't Wink  )

michael7 (6/12/2016)
I want to repeat this, just so it's clear what I need to do. The beard doesn't hang from the face. It's beard stubble, it needs to conform to the morphs of the face. I can only see three options. Being able to get the Garibaldi stubble into iclone ( IDEAL ). Getting the iclone face motion back into Daz ( IDEAL ). Settling on painting the beard onto the face ( satisfactory ).

Straight answers first
Garibaldi stubble to iClone, no.
Beard obj to iClone, yes.
Lip sync Genesis 2 back to Daz, no. Jaw yes.
Genesis 2 beard obj face moving with beard, in Daz, no (therefore in iClone, also no)
Genesis 3 beard obj face moving with beard, in Daz, yes (therefore in iClone, also yes)
Lip sync Genesis 3 back to Daz. Yes, but Daz import buggy not feasible.

*lip data and face muscle/morph data = different things

Now onto the bigger picture
Sound likes, your primary intent = use iClone to extract lipsync data for use on your preferred Genesis
If so, you never needed to import a fully-accessorized/ beardy Genesis in the first place!
(which also means all beard related matters = secondary issue)

Now onto the primary issue:
Indeed, Lip Sync - even the free 32 bit one - in Daz Studio has far better output than iClone on any Genesis.
Paid version of Daz Mimic has fine-tuning options. Not the greatest but does the job.
Lip sync in iClone is great - for CC character only. The rest suffer from little fine-tuning.
But don't take my words for it
If you still wish to use iClone to produce lip sync data for Genesis, see the BVH route.

Edited
8 Years Ago by Bellatrix

Reading This Topic