iClone 6 Fundamentals Train Videos Q&A by Alan Marques

Posted By Alan_M 8 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
Alan_M
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Greetings one and all,  
Some of you may have already dealt with me in other areas of this forum thread 'Training - Tutorials, Hints and Tips', where I have answered questions and issues in relation to the MakinMovies course ware.  I am Alan Marques and as the course tutor I am responsible for the design and recording of all the course material and videos.  MakinMovies of course had huge role and were responsible for all the editorial and has the relationship and contacts at Reallusion.

I am starting this thread as a place for people to come and ask questions about the course material along with getting additional help.

For those of you whom have purchased the course we would like to thank you and also apologise again to those that had technical issues which as you will be aware we have been dealing with as swiftly as possible.  The course was a huge undertaking and it has suffered from teething problems during launch.  I have of course subscribed to this thread and will get email notifications when a post arrives.  Please bear with me if I do not get back to you immediately, not only am I UK based but I also have a day job as they say.  I will however always do my best to respond.

All my best

Alan Marques
VFX Supevisor. MBKS.

Alan M
RagingKylo
RagingKylo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Master Marques, do you have a YouTube channel? I've seen tons of YouTube channels named "Alan Marques", which one is yours?
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
You have done a wonderful job staying on top of things in my opinion Alan, my hat's off to you and your professional attitude dealing with the course's opening quirks! Smile

I do have one question, is there a date or some other means of knowing when or if we should re-download parts of the course and what parts they would be?  I've tried to keep up with it all but I'm not so sure if I got all of it right. Ermm

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Alan_M
Alan_M
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

I do indeed have a YouTube channel but it is woefully neglected.

But if you are bored listless and tired then you can find it here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf4dk-1C6km_CzDppXnGS5A

PLANET VFX
Recent events with this course are making me seriously think about doing something again with it or indeed revitalising my Vimeo account too.  Oh dear choices, choices.  

RagingKylo (6/4/2016)
Master Marques, do you have a YouTube channel? I've seen tons of YouTube channels named "Alan Marques", which one is yours?

Alan M
Alan_M
Alan_M
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I would say right now to please stand by and I will post something here soon.  The Fundamentals Training Resource Pack has only just been addressed and being the weekend I do not expect this to be fixed until Monday as mentioned on the forum vouchers will be sent out to all those that bought this content so they can get the Reallusion Market Place content that is used in the courses, the buildings and the G5 CloneCloth samples.  Most of the other fixes should be in place but I have heard that this is not the case from one other user.  Once I know I will post here and would appreciate you or anyone else testing the account downloads as for reasons I wont go into I have never been given access to a copy of what each purchaser gets.  So very hard for me to test.  

Thank you very much for your kind comments, I very much appreciate them.

Snarp Farkle (6/4/2016)
You have done a wonderful job staying on top of things in my opinion Alan, my hat's off to you and your professional attitude dealing with the course's opening quirks! Smile

I do have one question, is there a date or some other means of knowing when or if we should re-download parts of the course and what parts they would be?  I've tried to keep up with it all but I'm not so sure if I got all of it right. Ermm

Alan M
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
You bet Alan, I'll be on the lookout then. Smile

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

RagingKylo
RagingKylo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Subscribed. Nice channel, has many amazing stuff
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
big +1 from me too,  I appreciate people that care and help this awesome community grow BigGrin

thairston
thairston
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
The course is great I bought the warehouse prop downloaded DAZ . I am not familiar with DAZ so how do I get it from within daz to Iclone

Anthony Hairston
RagingKylo
RagingKylo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Load the warehouse in DazStudio, then export it to FBX format (tick the box named "prop"). Then open 3dXchange and do a few tweaks, after that export it to iClone. You can apply it to iClone or just go to the export option.

Reading This Topic