iClone4 - Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 15 Years Ago
Rated 3 stars based on 3 votes.
Author
planetstardragon
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I uninstalled and reinstalled ic4 as i said i would, and still got the same error as i made on another thread.

the error where I would load up a custom motion, edit it and tried to add to library as a new file.. it would show progress bar in motions area then it would default to saving the avatar, did the same thing for me for heads.

wires
wires
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
It seems that the only way to get rid of the "Trial" tag on anything copied over from iClone 3.2 is to overwrite the file after adding it to a project.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

wires
wires
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Lighting different between IC3 and IC4.

Here is a still from a project made in IC3 - the still was taken in IC3

A still from the same project opened in IC4

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

wires
wires
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Projects made in IC3, and containing no RL content, copied to IC4 have the "Trial" tag attached - only solution is to overwrite the file in IC4.

Gerry

Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
IC4: Lighting behavior of custom eyeballs.

These pictures show unexpected response of custom eyeballs in IC4 to the ambient light.

When the ambient light was default (light grey), the eyeballs exhibited the color of the imported bitmap.

When the ambient light is turned to white, the eyeballs take on this black and white appearance.

When the ambient light is turned to yellow, the eyeballs take on this black and yellow appearance.

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards
Attachments
whiteeyes.jpg (101 views, 62.00 KB)
yelloweyes.jpg (92 views, 60.00 KB)
bobdoyle
bobdoyle
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Having the same issue with the Resource Pack. I have ended up manually copying folders from iClone 3 content so that I have my same characters, etc. It's been kind of a hack job moving things over. I was able to reinstall a lot of my add-ins, but I think a lot of what I was missing is in the Resource pack, which I'm not able to run.

----

Meet Bob Doyle
World's Greatest (iClone) Interview with Bob Doyle
gizmo
gizmo
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Peter Edwards (10/7/2009)
@johnny4mt and gizmo,

And as moviechick has mentioned above, don't forget to try your Account download link if you are using a different link for the pack.

This will be looked into urgently. Thanks for your patience while we get this sorted out.

Re down loaded from my account page and thats sorted it!!!  And I have to say the horses respond and look much better in iC4. Cheers Peter and moviechick. And a big kiss to moviechick. (Well . . . you have to have some downside's in your day!). (I don't want you to feel left out Peter . . so you can have one too, (in a manly way of course)).

Cool gizmo

safegaard
safegaard
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (852 reputation)Veteran Member (852 reputation)Veteran Member (852 reputation)Veteran Member (852 reputation)Veteran Member (852 reputation)Veteran Member (852 reputation)Veteran Member (852 reputation)Veteran Member (852 reputation)Veteran Member (852 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Peter Edwards (10/7/2009)
safegaard (10/7/2009)
Hi

I cant install the Recourse Pack for iclone 4. I have tried several times and downloaded again and still with no luck. Iclone 4 is running fine and registrated. I get this wierd message:

Some version(s) of Iclone cannot install this resource pack:

IClone v4.0 PRO:
The edition of the Iclone installed in your computer is not compatible with this resource pack.
this resource pack will be terminated.

Whats the problem???Smile

I will check this and find out what is going on with the Resoruce Pack (you are not alone). In the meantime have you tried logging into your Account and downloading the Resource Pack from there. If you can, try this and see if it will install. Thanks.

Thank you,- i have tried but it simply doesnt work. Loking forward to a solution.

Best regardsBigGrin

For the love of 3d http://www.safegaard.com

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Im sorry if this turnes up twice as I have just posted it but it didnt turn up so I try again.

Problems Im having with IC4.

1:NO drag n drop, I can not drag anything onto the stage, I have to use Apply.

2:I have to click apply several times on both characters and motions to get them to be applied.

3:Horse n Tack horses do not work at all (tho I am re-downloading these).

So right now IC4 is not in workable condition.

But it does look good.

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin

hurlook
hurlook
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hello Peter, after two days of testing on two computers 
here's my list of problems:
invalid serial number, but it seems registered ok when i go to my premium account,
all ic 3.2  content imported in IC4 has a watermark or the trial mark 4,  ic 2,5 loads fine.
 All  Reallusion content purchased via Backstage, motions, props, characters etc,,,has a watermark.
Motions purchased in Backstage starting with the letter B ( older motions ) are working fine , motions with the letter C, created for ic3 occupations pack characters,
appear as a trial or with the buy at reallusion message.
Packs working great in ic3, like Dreamgirls, ww 2 pack, Rock band, total materials, Films set props, City Blocks  etc... are just trial in ic4,
if i try to save them a message tells me to buy the content!
Gsg 9 character has problem around the neck, as seen on  another message here.
My Custom projects, hair and motions created in ic 3 appear like trial, all with watermark, so i guess there's some kind of compatibility issues between ic 3 and 4,
 i hope Reallusion will soon release a patch to fix all this mess,

All the best,

Stefano

Reading This Topic