OFFICIAL iClone 6.4 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Author
mark
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 hours ago
...still a bit skittish here...so I may wait a bit before I install 6.4 I'm thinkin' .....Ermm

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

lpatter
lpatter
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I never had a response to my error and I am afraid to install because there are still  reported crashes at least 3 hours ago. I downloaded 3 patches from my Registration/Patch/Bonus page instead of through my "Check for Updates" access only 10 minutes ago and still have the same error message.
  The signature of IC640_Enu_full_Patch.exe is corrupt or invalid
  The signature of CC140_Enu_full_Patch.exe is corrupt or invalid
  The signature of 3DX640_Enu_full_Patch.exe is corrupt or invalid

I have Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.18161
I installed it directly to the official windows download file hoping that this triggers the Windows security checking but it makes no difference. I thought the issue was related only to executables with the .exe file extension  but that did not trigger a similar response from the "theme_WeddingPlanner_Deluxe.exe" file I just downloaded to fix .vns files, nor from an install.rld file from the marketplace or any from the Content store or any downloaded file from anywhere else. It is just with these 3 iclone .exe files.
I have not contacted Support yet just in case they are  busy and anyone here (Like Peter) knows the answer. I will wait for a fix if that is the case

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I had some issues the first try to update but then went to "My Account" - "Order History" then in the "Bonus/Serial #" selections to re-download the updates from there and they seemed to install just fine.  If you haven't tried that it might work I don't know.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

ksrisley_20110505002911432...
ksrisley_20110505002911432...
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (280 reputation)Senior Member (280 reputation)Senior Member (280 reputation)Senior Member (280 reputation)Senior Member (280 reputation)Senior Member (280 reputation)Senior Member (280 reputation)Senior Member (280 reputation)Senior Member (280 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Just a quick word. Per advise from RL, Peter, I uninstalled 6.4 and then reinstalled it. Totally fixed the problem. FYI, II did a registry clean through CCleaner prior to uninstalling. Then I uninstalled 6.4 using the standard Windows uninstall feature. Then I ran CCleaner again on the Registry. It found 121 additional items (all related to Iclone). I cleaned it and then reinstalled a fresh copy of I6. All user files remained in tact (Templates and Custom) though I had done a backup just in case. I loaded in my projects that were giving me problems, no more problems. Solved. Evidently, the accumulated update patches (3 since release) had compounded some sort of situation. Good luck to others on this. Worked for me. Ken
lpatter
lpatter
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Wanted to report the same problem as Lamias. This problem has been around for several patches. I noticed that the scene manager root structure and nodes does not stay open and returns to the closed root prop every time you double click to select an item and you have to find your way back to the original folder. It does not stay open unless you drag/drop the selection.
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
lpatter (2/9/2016)
Wanted to report the same problem as Lamias. This problem has been around for several patches. I noticed that the scene manager root structure and nodes does not stay open and returns to the closed root prop every time you double click to select an item and you have to find your way back to the original folder. It does not stay open unless you drag/drop the selection.

Yeah that's been bugging me too!  I haven't tried the drag an drop test yet, thanks for the tip Smile
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b4893a13-f363-40c0-a002-d222.jpg

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
btw,  i blame windows for general dragging and dropping issues,  because dragging and dropping randomly fails with corel / paintshop pro.  Imo,  microsoft is definitely in the mix with some of these issues. - now what buttons to push to narrow it down,  i wish i knew.

actually,  i'm sure if i poked around microsoft security settings i could narrow it down,  i'm just not ready to spend a day or 3 randomly crippling my computer to test it lol.

Edited
8 Years Ago by planetstardragon
patrice.mangeard
patrice.mangeard
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (255 reputation)Senior Member (255 reputation)Senior Member (255 reputation)Senior Member (255 reputation)Senior Member (255 reputation)Senior Member (255 reputation)Senior Member (255 reputation)Senior Member (255 reputation)Senior Member (255 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Add a billboard (props) in the scene and drag a video file with .avi as extension then Iclone 6.4 is closed. With a video file with the extension .WMV, the bilboard works correctly. With a file .mp4, a codec error is displayed.
Patrice                                                                     

lpatter
lpatter
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I am answering 3 responses. (Billboard, Installing 6.4 Patch)
1.  BILLBOARD AND MP4, AVI etc. "The file cannot be imported because the codec is not recognized in your system".
A few weeks/moths ago I also reported that I could drag .wmv, .avi and popvideo on a billboard or anything but MP4 gave an error. I received this error with 5.5 and it was Iclone who provided a link for me to download and install the codecs for MP4. Someone suggested that I search for codecs on line but since I am deathly afraid of virus and spyware I would prefer if Iclone provided it as they did before. I never reported a trouble ticket for this or for the current 6.4 install errors hoping that the Iclone staff would include these as part of their things to do in upcoming releases.
As of today .mp4 still has codec errors.

2. DRAGGING/DROPPING Vs DOUBLE CLICKING. Props or video files from the scene manager always closes the root structure. But selecting a video file or image file from the Diffuse Map has no effect

3.  CORRPUT/INVALID message.
"The signature of IC640_Enu_full_Patch.exe is corrupt or invalid" on installation of IC6, CC, 3DX
 I tried BOTH ways of downloading Iclone and still got the error message.
I tried downloading from "My Account" - "Order History" then in the "Bonus/Serial #"  and from "Checking for Updates" after launching the Iclone 6.4 app. I closed Iclone 6 after trying to download and I left it open while trying to down load. I logged on and logged off". It makes no difference I get the same error. I downloaded it to the Windows/Download safe area or directly to my personal files for Iclone. It still complains.
I still do not know if anyone tried to install it with the download error and if it worked OK and  not been able to install my new Tokomax Morph/sliders since I am still on any earlier IC6.3.

3b. REGISTRY CLEANER. I did not even get to that point where I was having difficulty because I never tried to install any patch after I received the error with just the download and I have had no problems yet with my measly projects.
I really do not want to install a cleaner and mess around with my registry it has been over 10 years since I did this for a living and the operating system has changed and I do have a recent injury with memory problems so I NEVER know what is wiped clean from my slate and am leery of trying things if I don't have to.
Since I one day plan to unplug my laptop from the internet and work exclusively on my project once Iclone 6 is stable
I try my best not to install any software on my laptop, including image creation software or even text editing. It is just Iclone, Blender, Audacity, Morphvox, Cyberlink (post editing software) and the default NOTEPAD for script writing.
Edited
8 Years Ago by lpatter
Wolfzone Digital
Wolfzone Digital
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Two 3dXchange issue when converting a character to fbx,
1. None of the materials are being assigned with the conversion.
2. Not all the facial expressions, morphs and viseme from CC characters remain when converted to fbx and back again so lip syncing does not function correctly.

WOLF'S TRADING POST IS OPEN COME IN FOR A VISIT

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/680ac2cc-79cf-4f18-bede-82c9.png

"May you one day see what my eyes have seen...and be better for it" - Wolf
www.wolfzonedigital.com

Reading This Topic