OFFICIAL iClone 6.4 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Author
RB3006
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
DRAGGING/DROPPING Vs DOUBLE CLICKING. Props or video files from the scene manager always closes the root structure.

that's totally annoying!!! 
can anyone stop this strange behavior!!!
Since ancient times  I use double click... and every time I forget, that this dosen´t work in iClone anymore, the root manager is closed.
This is one thing, I really hate in iClone 6!!! Crazy

Gruß
Robert

DANKE für Haare und Kleidung:, die nicht durch den Avatar geht !!! Rolleyes

tom weston
tom weston
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Update to the crashes I reported earlier - I've narrowed it down. iClone6.4 crashes when I have the same G3 Character loaded into a project more than once. 1 is not a problem, different G3 characters are not a problem, but 2 or more of the same and Crash!https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4d863caf-d120-4f8c-80f8-f38a.jpg
Bible Story Graphics
Bible Story Graphics
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Tom - you are a genius!! Yes...I just loaded two G5 Characters and it crashed. There was nothing else in the scene! The projects of mine that are crashing have supporting characters a.k.a. duplicates. I've been working on a project all afternoon with no issues but I've only added one character in the scene but I was on the verge of adding "the crowd". I'm so glad I read your post before I did. Thank you so much.
Bible Story Graphics
Bible Story Graphics
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)Veteran Member (897 reputation)

I don't have the same problem with G6 crashing with duplicates, however, my Heidi and Mason's perform "sit and talk" shows them gesturing but delivers no sound or facial movement, at least on my system. I can record for them and they speak but the words don't align with the mouth.
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Heart To Art Designs (2/11/2016)
Tom - you are a genius!! Yes...I just loaded two G5 Characters and it crashed. There was nothing else in the scene! The projects of mine that are crashing have supporting characters a.k.a. duplicates. I've been working on a project all afternoon with no issues but I've only added one character in the scene but I was on the verge of adding "the crowd". I'm so glad I read your post before I did. Thank you so much.

If confirmed, that´s a KILLING bug.
I am working on a project with about 70 characters, obviously many of them duplicated from the same baseline.
Given this reporting, I can´t even dare to update to v. 6.4
I would suggest to send immediately a ticket ot the RL rather than waiting for them to answer on this thread.

Cheers

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
8 Years Ago by RobertoColombo
tom weston
tom weston
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)Veteran Member (831 reputation)

[I would suggest to send immediately a ticket ot the RL rather than waiting for them to answer on this thread.

Ticket opened, Roberto.

Bible Story Graphics
Bible Story Graphics
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

I had already opened a ticket and alerted them to Tom's discovery last night.
mark
mark
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Somewhat disappointed to see the Spotlight "Shadow Bias" adjustment control is still not working for me in 6.4. Was told it would be fixed, but I guess other issues took priority.

Also the Spotlight flicker issue with plants, which I had from day one with iC6, appears to have been confirmed with at least two other folks on the forum with different brands of video cards. Each duplicated the shadow flicker on plants using a Spotlight and it renders the same way as well.

And a bit more detail...discovered that the distance of the spot from the subject determines the extent of the flicker/distortion.
This is not the case in iC5 where the quality of the shadow deteriorates as the light is moved away from the subject but it does not flicker  And once again this does not happen with a Distant light

Maybe next patch?Unsure

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Edited
8 Years Ago by mark
Peaches Chrenko
Peaches Chrenko
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

lpatter (2/9/2016)
Wanted to report the same problem as Lamias. This problem has been around for several patches. I noticed that the scene manager root structure and nodes does not stay open and returns to the closed root prop every time you double click to select an item and you have to find your way back to the original folder. It does not stay open unless you drag/drop the selection.

DozeWhistlingErmm Me too! Have same issue. Very time consuming after a while. Thx will try drag n drop to see.SmileSmileSmile

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

iBUYPOWER Phantom Gamer WA502i Desktop PC: Win 10 64bit - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 24GB RAM (max 32 GB) - Intel Skylake Core i5-6600K Quad-Core Processor - 3.50 GHz,  (Max Turbo Speed of 3.90 GHz),  Int HD 1TB & WD 1TB Int HD

RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi RL,

this bug was solved in a previous patch version but now seems to be still here: when an animation clip is cut, the clip transition length at beginning of the leftmost clip is reset to a very short duration.
In other words, imagine I have 2 clips and the 2nd has a certain transition duration (e.g.100 frames), if I split the 2nd clip, the transition duration between the 1st and the 2nd goes back to a default short time.
Pls, fix it because this bug is quite annoying.

Cheers

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Reading This Topic