OFFICIAL iClone 6.21 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Author
Agonos
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
RB3006 (10/25/2015)
oh, nice that someone else also has the problem with Tone Map.
But i have the feeling, it was fixed in 6.21

I believe this problem happens when the active camera in the animation touches too close an object of decoration. I managed to divert this bug by increasing somewhat the camera height.

animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Now for some good news; read on...w00t

For quite some time there has been a problem with HDR. It only seems to occur with certain NVidia cards. I have a GTX 980 and the issue has also been reported with other 900 series cards I believe.

A fix has been promised for iClone 6.3 (and had been for 6.2 as well...Tongue).

Anyway, tonight a most peculiar thing happened. I had problems with iClone, where a project that opened before could no longer be opened, nor could any other project after that. So I rebooted. That didn't actually help, but after some more attempts I could finally open my project, which I needed as start for a new scene.

In the course of that, I was playing with some HDR settings and noticed that suddenly the spectral cross was displaying correctly, where before it wouldn't. I couldn't believe this, so I opened the test project I had created to illustrate the bug. Again, the spectral cross appeared correctly as did any of the other settings. The image below shows the bug on the left, and the correct image on the right.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/37edad0a-576a-433e-8947-0807.jpg

The only explanation I have is that I had just updated my NVidia display driver to version 358.87. Rebooting in addition may have helped too.

So I'm curious to know if the new driver solves the problem for others as well. It would free RL to concentrate on other outstanding issues...Crazy

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

pinguintje
pinguintje
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
@animagic
Job, this is good newsSmileSmileSmile
I also tried the HDR settings. The result of Spectral Sunny you see in the picture below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57ebc7a0-ef3e-4433-8d25-b724.jpg

I have a NVIDIA GTX970 with driver 358.87 on Windows10.
Last week the HDR settings worked as shown in your "bug picture"
I also think it is the updated driver.

Best Regards,
Arie
Agonos
Agonos
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
animagic (11/8/2015)

This is what I wrote on page 5. lol. But I do not know if the problem was solved by the driver update my graphics card or a discreet update Reallusion. Anyway I would like to know. However the problem with  "tone map" is still not resolved contrary to what I thought Sad. This problem appears and disappears at random.
Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
OK Guys NICE
on my old MSI GT683DX Win 10 home Nvidia GTX570M 1.5 2.2-3.2GHZ
I was having many problems loading any saved project (None would load) and loading iclone 6p at times and crashing.....wo
NOW I did get the new Nvidia updated driver above and guess what.....
I can now load any and all of my saved project files and no crashes...... but I will be doing more testing.....lol
SWEEEEEET
So indeed perhaps RL will be happy to hear that news. It was the driver from NVIDIA that was causing the problems.
Thanks for the heads up guys....I am one happy iCloner again..
Whew
YOU have made my DAY and Millennium!

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
This is minor but really annoying.
The face key map lacks accuracy.
The mouse pointer is where I clicked and this is the part that was selected.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f02a85bd-f854-495d-ae56-4714.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f0d5a6aa-f907-4e06-b7ab-3cc3.jpg
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Agonos (11/8/2015)
animagic (11/8/2015)

This is what I wrote on page 5. lol. But I do not know if the problem was solved by the driver update my graphics card or a discreet update Reallusion. Anyway I would like to know. However the problem with  "tone map" is still not resolved contrary to what I thought Sad. This problem appears and disappears at random.

Agonos, it may be my eyes, but all I can find is that you still had the "glare" problem and were in despair. I KNOW it was not solved initially in 6.21, because I checked.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

lpatter
lpatter
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
TERRAIN PROBLEMS.
SUMMARY - I used to be able to do make props out of terrains in Iclone 5
1. Cannot change terrain to a prop anymore so that you can adjust it and then ADD to terrain again.
2. Different developer or Iclone terrains show different abilities to adjust height for the menus in the Modify panel. Need it because there is no focus to adjust the position.
Parts of terrains disappear based on the angle so it used to be nice to set the  terrain correctly from various angles then add the characters and fix those whose feet are above their heads (the terrain is seen as above their foot contact).
3. Turning off foot contact to help with those terrains that have some function worked fine for Mason and Iclone 5 characters but messes up CC Characters lower body. For all it does not seem to recognize the terrain boundaries
4. "Terrains of the World" are the best behaved in terms of foot contact and visibility. Others seem to be total bad while others have foot contact recognition problems.
Developers need to fix their terrains, default motion paths which affects their "perform" functions and clobbering other stuff when their items are installed - especially Motions!!!!
5. My engine/fan keeps racing with this new 6.21 upgrade.
I thought I could at least set my scene and environment, lighting and cameras and wait on characters but
I have been broken for one reason or another since January but I really do appreciate your work with so little staff and you really are a God-send.

My PC specs are perfect for Iclone 6 - can't seem to find the list.
PREVIOUS DESCRIPTION
I installed the latest version with the missing particles so I do not know if this is related.
I tried to load my Terrains from Dicho and I could not see them at all even though they were in the scene manager.
It had an error about the PhysX engine so I changed it to bullet and still could not find it.
Then I added a Terrain of the world and deleted it then my missing terrain appears.
I had others with the PhysX message appear but these seem to be gone into the twilight zone.
There seems to be a combination of things that makes them appear but. it may be a waste of time until the disappearing particles are fixed.
My problem may be that Dicho has these terrains in different sections to be stitched together but I cannot click on the object and then select the focus on it so that I can see it. It just may be there and lost.
Thanks

Edited
9 Years Ago by lpatter
bud_20121023184423262
bud_20121023184423262
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Thanks Maj, Bray, Newbie & All,

My first order of business was to update my graphics driver, however this has turned into an issue all unto itself. Still working that out with NVIDIA. I was hoping to eliminate it from the list of possibilities, or --- better yet --- have it be the fix!

I never thought of running iClone as Admin. I will try that, too.

Also, I didn't know about setting iClone for my GPU so I'll try that next, too.

It's so weird. It will run for hours when it shouldn't -- when I have tons of programs open, logging in via remote desktop, etc -- when you'd *expect* to crash it. Then, on another day, it will crash three or more times in a row on a clean boot when it's the only thing running and I'm working on a brand new, clean file. No pattern to it at all . . .

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
iClone 6.21
Character Creator 1.2
3.07GHz Intel Core i7 machine running Windows 7 Pro (v 6.1.7601 SP1)
6GB RAM
EVGA GTX 970 (2 gig video memory)

Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
RL > WE  need our PARTICLES to work properly in the Scene Manager

Many users have brought this up since the last update and we are still waiting. How are we supposed to work in iclone on our projects with bugs like no control of the Particles (in the Scene Manager)?

We just have to wait and wait and wait? RL can not do a quick update? WHY? This is an important function of iclone that just disappeared with the last update. I personally think we have waited way toooooooooo long for it to get fixed. Ever since the last update Particles has been totally not appearing at all in our scene manager.

I have tried every way possible to deal with this problem struggling and wasted so many hours trying that it is beyond ridiculous. FRUSTRATED? Me Oh yea!  Do I have a right to be? Oh Yea!  Does anyone else?

Come on RL lets get this fixed quickly. Some of us really need it to work again as well as the other bugs fixed.

SOMEBODY CALL the BUG BUSTERS, LOL

Q>>>>>>>>  so when can we expect this to be fixed?

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

Reading This Topic